Why I love Squats, Walking Lunges, etc

I went out of town to visit a friend of mine for Thanksgiving. Tonight we decided to go for a walk after dinner... I put on my new pair of workout pants and I have got to say that I could not stop staring at my *kitten* in the mirror! I know this is narcissistic, but WOW... I have never really LIKED any of my part of my body before... and now I can honestly say that I think I have a rockin *kitten*! Go me!

P.S. I really am not self-centered and narcissistic, but really... this is a TOTAL first for me! Gotta love strength training!!!!

Replies

• erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    I know the feeling - I LOVE what squats and lunges have done to my legs and rear.
    Best exercises ever if you want to boost your caboose ;)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    I love my behind, I work hard for it :) Enjoy what you got honey
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    2vA1a.png?1313349760
  • fanofsummer
    fanofsummer Posts: 22 Member
    Would you please share what type of program you followed. I've focused on running the past 6 months and want to add floor work that will target my tush. Thanks for any help!
  • 2vA1a.png?1313349760

Uhm, is that a gay latin Michael Jackson doing his "WHEW" move?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Seriously?
  • Your post makes me want to do squats and lunges more!!!!! I want to love my *kitten* too!!!:laugh:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-meme.jpg
  • Uhm, is that a gay latin Michael Jackson doing his "WHEW" move?
    Seriously?

I think it's the jacket?
  • 2vA1a.png?1313349760

It's the one and only Freddie Mercury!!! :-)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    I know, right??? I've been using a combo of pilates moves and elliptical high resistance, along with running. It's all new in the past four months, so I can't say which one exactly did it, but daaaaaamn. My tush is improved 200%. Really awesome to go from pancake butt to nice and rounded. Not badonkadonk, but it's got shape!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    I went out of town to visit a friend of mine for Thanksgiving. Tonight we decided to go for a walk after dinner... I put on my new pair of workout pants and I have got to say that I could not stop staring at my *kitten* in the mirror! I know this is narcissistic, but WOW... I have never really LIKED any of my part of my body before... and now I can honestly say that I think I have a rockin *kitten*! Go me!

P.S. I really am not self-centered and narcissistic, but really... this is a TOTAL first for me! Gotta love strength training!!!!

work it!!!
  • LOL at least I had the "gay" part right

Fansofsummer: There really was no "program" - I just pretty much quit doing cardio - well except maybe a 5 minute warm up and a 15-20 minute jog when I was finished with my strength workouts. I heard that for every pound of muscle you gain, your body can burn up to 120 more calories per day- So I've been hooked!

My lower body workouts are psycho, but they have worked!
    usually a mix of 4 of the following

Leg Extensions
    Leg Presses
    Leg Presses with your feet at different angles
    Squats
    Squats with weights
    Squats with weights with your feet at different angles - including jumping squats
    Walking Lunges
    Walking Lunges with weights
    Deadlifts
    Deadlifts with full squats

That should cover it?
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Hell yeah! I've always had a big booty, but now that I've been doing squats/lunges/stairclimber it is sooooo much firmer and rounder!! it is definently my best 'a$$et' :happy:
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    LOL at least I had the "gay" part right

I feel sad.

Love your avatar. Love your attitude about fitness. This (^^^) makes me sad.

Folks who are interested may want to check out The New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • Let me just say for those I may have offended, I have NOTHING against gay people, bisexuals, transgenders or anyone... I have a lot of gay friends who I love dearly... but you have to admit, the first thing most people thing of when thinking of Freddie Mercury is his gay-ness? Well, or Queen?

AND in all actuality, I really thought Michael Jackson's sequin red jacket was gay for his time (which is what I was originally referring to! - and I promise I wasn't talking about gay in a "homosexual" sort of way
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    2vA1a.png?1313349760

It's the one and only Freddie Mercury!!! :-)

Legend
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    I love Freddie!!!
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    LOL at least I had the "gay" part right

Fansofsummer: There really was no "program" - I just pretty much quit doing cardio - well except maybe a 5 minute warm up and a 15-20 minute jog when I was finished with my strength workouts. I heard that for every pound of muscle you gain, your body can burn up to 120 more calories per day- So I've been hooked!

My lower body workouts are psycho, but they have worked!
    usually a mix of 4 of the following

Leg Extensions
    Leg Presses
    Leg Presses with your feet at different angles
    Squats
    Squats with weights
    Squats with weights with your feet at different angles - including jumping squats
    Walking Lunges
    Walking Lunges with weights
    Deadlifts
    Deadlifts with full squats

That should cover it?

Saksgirl, you say that you stopped doing cardio, almonst. Are you already pretty lean and at your goal weight/size? I just recently started doing some weight traiining and I'm still prob 30/40 lbs overweight. I'm hoping to tone and maybe build some muscle to assist in my fat burn. I'm lifting heavy three days a week and then do cardio on days in between. I know I'm already tightening up because my hubby popped me on the bum the other day and commented on how "tight" it was :happy: !! Unfortunately it still block the sun on a pretty day!! LOL

I'm attempting to stay away from the scale because right now I feel really "puffy" for lack of a better word and I know that if I stay with it it will start to show in measurements but I can't figure out where I need to be on cardio. Limited, alot.......................Any suggestion?
  • Saksgirl, you say that you stopped doing cardio, almonst. Are you already pretty lean and at your goal weight/size? I just recently started doing some weight traiining and I'm still prob 30/40 lbs overweight. I'm hoping to tone and maybe build some muscle to assist in my fat burn. I'm lifting heavy three days a week and then do cardio on days in between. I know I'm already tightening up because my hubby popped me on the bum the other day and commented on how "tight" it was :happy: !! Unfortunately it still block the sun on a pretty day!! LOL

I'm attempting to stay away from the scale because right now I feel really "puffy" for lack of a better word and I know that if I stay with it it will start to show in measurements but I can't figure out where I need to be on cardio. Limited, alot.......................Any suggestion?
    [/quote]

I would also like to know this as I also am about 40lbs over weight and doing lots of cardio and strength training, which one is best???
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!