Week 4

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Ok we finished Day 3 - I did a whole half mile for the last run since we were running at the gym (usually we run outside so its just by times) which made me feel good -- took me a lot longer than 5 minutes though since I was running soooooo slowly.
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Ok we finished Day 3 - I did a whole half mile for the last run since we were running at the gym (usually we run outside so its just by times) which made me feel good -- took me a lot longer than 5 minutes though since I was running soooooo slowly.

Way to go girl!! I am hoping to do Day 3 today and finishe the week. By the way, you look awesome!!
  • gettingfit65
    Finished Week 4 on to week 5!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Finished Week 4 on to week 5!!

Woo hoo! Awesome! Welcome to week 5!

I just finished day 1 of week 5 (haven't been checking in as regularly as I should) and it wasn't as bad as I expected but day 3 of week 5 has me a bit scared...
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Oh my gawd! I just took a sneak peek at W4D1. How the heck am I going to do this? I really struggled with 3 minute runs, I was so incredibly slow. I'm gonna die, I just know it. They will find my purple glove wearing, too fat to run, headphone wearing carcass in the middle of the football pitch and the C25K chicky babe will be chatting away! Glad I went over on my protein today, I think I might need it.
  • tageekly
    Oh my gawd! I just took a sneak peek at W4D1. How the heck am I going to do this? I really struggled with 3 minute runs, I was so incredibly slow. I'm gonna die, I just know it. They will find my purple glove wearing, too fat to run, headphone wearing carcass in the middle of the football pitch and the C25K chicky babe will be chatting away! Glad I went over on my protein today, I think I might need it.

Way to psych yourself out of it! Think of it this way: at least they'll find the body! :laugh:

I didn't think I could do it either but I did - just concentrate on something besides the pain in your legs - I turned my music up and concentrated on my breathing and the run was up.
  • gettingfit65

LOL too funny. But you will probably be surprised. And there is no rush. I used to worry about my speed and then lots of vets on the C25K forums told me not to worry about it. Speed would come and if your moving that is all that matters. Do it at your own pace and you will be fine. Good luck.
  • redfroggie

Way to psych yourself out of it! Think of it this way: at least they'll find the body! :laugh:

I didn't think I could do it either but I did - just concentrate on something besides the pain in your legs - I turned my music up and concentrated on my breathing and the run was up.

I'll be lucky if the gulls don't peck me to pieces! I need to concentrate on my breathing for sure. If you guys don't hear from me tomorrow, send flowers!
  • redfroggie

LOL too funny. But you will probably be surprised. And there is no rush. I used to worry about my speed and then lots of vets on the C25K forums told me not to worry about it. Speed would come and if your moving that is all that matters. Do it at your own pace and you will be fine. Good luck.

I don't know why I concern myself with speed so much. I know as I go along I will eventually get faster. But I would love to be a bit faster than most lurching zombies! I'll give it a go and hopefully I don't die. :ohwell:
  • tameko2
    we were TERRIFIED of that 5 minute run so we both took it EXTRA slow - and it was totally fine. we atually thought it was easier than week 3, mostly because we slowed way down (in my case) and in my BFs case because its only 4 runs instead of 6. .
  • redfroggie
    we were TERRIFIED of that 5 minute run so we both took it EXTRA slow - and it was totally fine. we atually thought it was easier than week 3, mostly because we slowed way down (in my case) and in my BFs case because its only 4 runs instead of 6. .

If I slow down any more i'm just walking LOL!!! But I am determined to do this.
  • redfroggie
    Well I did it! That last 5 minute run in the last 1 minute was pretty pathetic but I didn't stop. I concentrated on my breathing and that helped make the time go. On the last minute of my run the sun broke through the clouds and it was so pretty! I do fear though that I may need to repeat this week unless on Sunday I manage to keep my pace up a bit. Thanks for encouragement and good luck to everyone that's running today.
  • tageekly
    Well I did it! That last 5 minute run in the last 1 minute was pretty pathetic but I didn't stop. I concentrated on my breathing and that helped make the time go. On the last minute of my run the sun broke through the clouds and it was so pretty! I do fear though that I may need to repeat this week unless on Sunday I manage to keep my pace up a bit. Thanks for encouragement and good luck to everyone that's running today.

Hooray! You should have a great feeling of accomplishment! I will be doing W5D2 tomorrow at the Thanksgiving Run I'm doing and it's the first time I've run in front of other people (except at the gym), so I'm a little nervous. It's gonna be cold and rainy and just a lovely Pacific Northwest day.
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    finished w4d1, I can't believe I am on week 4. :)

Well done! How did you find it to be?

I actually found it challenging in a good way. Have not been able to complete W4D2 yet doing it on Thursday.
  • tameko2

Oh yeah my last minute like all three days was basically the saddest thing in the world - I probably COULD walk faster (powerwalking but still) but the fact that you are jogging is what matters. Day 3 you should be ok - day 4 was muuuch better, I probably didn't need the 4th day.

there isn't a super huge jump from week 4 to 5 so as long as you are completing week 4 I would say you won' t need to repeat.
  • redfroggie

Hooray! You should have a great feeling of accomplishment! I will be doing W5D2 tomorrow at the Thanksgiving Run I'm doing and it's the first time I've run in front of other people (except at the gym), so I'm a little nervous. It's gonna be cold and rainy and just a lovely Pacific Northwest day.

Good luck on your run, you will be fine. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • redfroggie

Oh yeah my last minute like all three days was basically the saddest thing in the world - I probably COULD walk faster (powerwalking but still) but the fact that you are jogging is what matters. Day 3 you should be ok - day 4 was muuuch better, I probably didn't need the 4th day.

there isn't a super huge jump from week 4 to 5 so as long as you are completing week 4 I would say you won' t need to repeat.

Tomorrow (Friday) is my day 2, I will power through it. I might do an extra day if my legs are still so sore. I think the combo of the gym and running is why they are so sore lately. I do 40 minutes elliptical and 40 minutes treadmill 3 days a week alternating with running. I should probably cut my treadmill time in half, that's the hardest on my legs. Good luck to you in Week 5.
  • bobbi29
    Finished W4D2 plan on finishing W4 tomorrow
  • bobbi29
    Finished W4D3 on too W5
  • redfroggie
    Finished W4D3 on too W5

Well done, congrats. Tomorrow is my W4D3 as long as I behave myself tonight! We are going to see a friends band play at a local pub. I need to seriously limit my wine intake.