Past It...

TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
Here's something I shot for a photo-competition, the topic being Past-It..

I call it "Sands of Time"

6292854742_7cf4d8af77.jpg
Sands of Time by The Big Yin, on Flickr

The sands of time have run out for most of this - Fob Watches - Italian Lira, Yugoslavian coins, Hourglasses - Even Books and Globes have their alternatives on t'Internet...

And of course Eddie's seen better days, as has his Rose. And we could always throw away the pince-nez and get laser eye surgery.

All we have to do is swap Keys for PIN numbers, and a pair of Dice for a computerised random number generator and we could throw this all away.

But I doubt I'll be doing that, anytime soon!

Replies

• Wow, this is really good. i will share some of my photography soon...
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    that is awsome

how did u do?
  • TheBigYin
    that is awsome

how did u do?

i'll know better on the 8th December - the competition closes midnight on 30th November, and there,s a 7 day vote on the entries... :laugh:
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    cool remind me and i will go vote 4 u
  • TheBigYin
    Ah, that might not be particularly ethical - it's a Photography Competition run by a forum that I'm a moderator on, and I think that to vote you need to have been a member of the forum for 60 days and have a minimum of something like 25 posts - to hopefully prevent anyone getting all their "facebook buddies" to register and vote for them - Idea being to keep it a photography competition rather than a popularity contest.

Thanks for the offer though :smile:
  • TheBigYin
    Another one - this months topic was "It's a Small World..."

6771162287_a245cfa21f.jpg

Gaia or Galia ?
  • TheBigYin
    ahh - flickr linky broke!

6771162287_6a87ac71d8.jpg