Halloween Challenge: Cardio 30 Min/Day until 10/31 - Day 1 R

snorth
snorth Posts: 11
edited November 2023 in Challenges
How did everyone do? I started the challenge and then didn't get in my walk! Bummer! That's why I need the site...more accountability...

So the plan for tonight is to push my girls in the double stroller for 1.5 miles...pushing 50+ pounds should jump start something :)

I hope everyone has a great fitness/eating day!!

Replies

• snorth
    How did everyone do? I started the challenge and then didn't get in my walk! Bummer! That's why I need the site...more accountability...

So the plan for tonight is to push my girls in the double stroller for 1.5 miles...pushing 50+ pounds should jump start something :)

I hope everyone has a great fitness/eating day!!
  • snorth
    That header was supposed to say Day 1 Report...too long sorry!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    I'll take you on in that challenge. I just got back from my Mom's and there is not a place to go to exercise there. So my plan for October is 45 minutes on the treadmill.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Walk on treadmill, 5 minutes
    Run on treadmill, 15 minutes
    Steep Incline walk on treadmill, 5 minutes
    Walk on treatmill, 5 minutes

Today was tough - yesterday I ran for 20 minutes, that was the most I have run in a couple years......
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    walk to gym, 20minutes
    cardio "boot camp" class, 60 minutes
    stumble home from gym, 25 minutes.

I am in awe of your running, Julie, not my skill!

And, I just have to pout over the fact that the walk to the gym is downhill, which means the walk home is uphill. boo-hoo.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    I'm in awe of your cardio bootcamp. I don't think I have the guts to do that. The uphill back can't be fun. But in time, you are not even going to think about it you will be so good!
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    I got in my 30 minutes of Stationary Recumbent Bike riding during the baseball game last night. Woo hoo Rockies! :) I *think* tonight I might try out the Cardio Kickbox dvd I checked out from the library. I have a non-working ankle so I might have some trouble with it but it's worth a shot. If that doesn't work out for me I will ride the bike again...

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole
  • snorth
    WTG challengers! You all have done great!
    Should be cool weather here this evening...
    Need to burn some cals!!!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Hi All!

Last night I did two 15 min Cardio routines on Comcast ON DEMAND. I was sweating like ... nevermind! Then I ate too much at dinner but I was still under my calories for the day. Go figure...

Walking today with a coworker, rain or shine!!!

have a great day everyone!!
    Angela
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    This morning I did:

15 Minutes Briskly on Treadmill
    30 Minutes on Arc Trainer
    10 Minutes on the Rowing Machine

I am proud of myself for sticking with the working out...It seems at 5 am when I am getting up, I just wanna roll back over and sleep just a "little longer!"
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    I took the plunge last night at the gym... and did a Spinning class.

It was fantastic! What a great workout - I was ready to do something other than my normal workout. This was a great option! (Though my tush hurts this morning!)

Anyway - the class is 50 minutes long.

Tonight is my daughters ballet night so no gym for me. It's my usual routine, Sunday & Tuesday are my "days off" from the gym.

I'll check in again on Wednesday - I think my friend might do Spin with me!
  • I wish I could make myself get up at 5 am!!! Tonight I will bike pulling the bike trailer with my little one in it, which he loves!!
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    yesterday was my rest day and today i did my 5 circuits of weight training and a 40 min run program on the treadmill speed up to 6.0 and incline up to 8.0. see you all tomorrow.
  • trish01
    trish01 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm in...

I took a 30min walk with my kids yesterday and did 33mins on the eliptial this morining
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    45 minutes walk with dog and I always find I get a better and faster walk with my MP3 playing. Walked in the pouring rain today, but toasty warm with my hood up and the rain just dripping off the top. Find the road hard on my knees but had to avoid the dead bear down the trail. Starting to smell and I feel sorry for him because he was just a year or so old.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    30 min walk but I didn't burn as many calories as yesterday so I rode my bike for 25 minutes. I feel better!

Off to bed!
  • Yesterday I did....

Stair Master----10 min.
    Resistence training----30 min.
    Eliptical----20 min.
    Stationary bike---10 min.

Tonight is my night to rest, but I will do some ab exercising just to keep that up.

Mandakay
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Yesterday...
    40 minute walk
    60 minute bellydance class.
This discussion has been closed.