Best Tasting Protein Powder

Fayve
Fayve Posts: 411 Member
Hi guys!

I've decided that with my first paycheck at a new job, I was going to treat myself to a higher quality protein powder for once instead of the sub-par stuff I buy at grocery stores and drugstores. I plan to try Popeyes to find one, or maybe GNC depending on where I end up today, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what brands to look out for? I want to go in with a list so that I don't get sidetracked by better prices, or bad advice.

I was doing research on Isoflex online, but I don't know for sure if either of these stores carry it. I just want something that tastes good without me having to totally mask it in other flavors to chug it down. Thanks!

Replies

• Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Solgar Whey To Go Vanilla bean, omg its delicious!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I personally like Muscle Milk. However, Gaspari, Dynamtize (I never know if I spell that right!), and Optimum Nutrition are all good too.

You can order all of these brands online and they will be far less expensive.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    I like optimum nutrition
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    I use Body Fortress and get it at Walmart, good quality protein at a reasonable price 2lb Whey concentrate around $15 and the the Whey Isolate is around $25 for a 2 pound container. I have used these off and on for the past year since my weight loss surgery and have lost over 150 pounds and all of my blood lab work is good.
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    I prefer Muscle Milk light chocolate but I might go and try that Solger Whey vanilla bean : )
  • Take a look at this link, they have reviews of different proteins and more supplements than I could name.

http://supplementreviews.com/categories/protein/protein-blends

If I look in my cupboards I have protein that starts off at the cheapest stuff from walmart to stuff that doctors recommend to patents that have had bariatric surgery. I don't know if one does a better job of building muscle than the other but there are huge differences in taste.

Good lucky, and happy shopping.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    I use Body Fortress and get it at Walmart, good quality protein at a reasonable price 2lb Whey concentrate around $15 and the the Whey Isolate is around $25 for a 2 pound container. I have used these off and on for the past year since my weight loss surgery and have lost over 150 pounds and all of my blood lab work is good.

I am on a very tight budget while we get back on our feet...By far the Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder (15.00usd) at Walmart is wonderful and I use 2 scoops a day so it goes quick. I find the Chocolate (love) or Chocolate Peanut Butter (delish) blends beautifully with a blender bottle. I'll mix 1 scoop vanilla and 1 scoop chocolate and the same with other favors!!! good stuff & It had paid off for me 100 times over!!

Enjoy!!!
  • ellepottsie
    ellepottsie Posts: 29 Member
    I can't answer the questions, but I can tell you that the worst tasting has to be the Vega Whole Health Food Optimizer Berry Flavour. I bought a tub of it and I can't even finish half. It is supposed to be wonderful for you but I can't stomach it. STAY AWAY!
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Optimum Extreme milk chocolate was really tasty.
    I just can't drink any of the protein powders because they make me horribly bloated and uncomfortable. :(
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Xtreme formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0

Trutein

Gaspari Myofusion
  • JustinOliver77
    JustinOliver77 Posts: 13 Member
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey is what was recommended to me, and after some research I have found it has good reviews everywhere. I paid $26.99 for 2lbs.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey is what was recommended to me, and after some research I have found it has good reviews everywhere. I paid $26.99 for 2lbs.

^^I'm happy with ON 100% Whey and I've added 100% Casein for bedtime shakes. I liked the idea of slower absorption protein while I sleep. It's in my diary as my 5th or 6th meal every evening. I love chocolate peanut butter. For the whey I like vanilla for versatility. Get it on-line as the other guy said. I paid like 35% less!
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member

^^ this
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Gaspari Myofusion fan here.. The milk chocolate tastes like liquid pudding.. it's really good!

The chocolate peanut butter is also good but doesn't really have any taste unless you add extra peanut butter to it.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Optimum Nutrition. I've had both the double chocolate and vanilla ice cream flavors. Both taste good.
  • Udail51
    Udail51 Posts: 35 Member
    Myofusion is good stuff. Tastes is good and no soy. In case you need to watch out for soy.

Vanilla, Chocolate and Peanut Butter are all good. I have not tried others yet.
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    You can get the Fortress brand from WalMart delivered right to your house if you buy three at a time, for $13 each and free shipping ;)
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Thanks guys, I ended up getting the vanilla Dymatize isolate. I realize this may not have been the most cost effective way to go, but I was feeling like "treating" myself, and really enjoy the taste! I want to go and branch out to try more exciting flavors eventually, but at the moment I like having vanilla so I can add my own fruit, or use it in any recipes.

I've made a list of other brands to try along the way. Thanks so much for all the feedback!
  • There are two. Cellucor Super Sport Protein and MusclePharm Combat Powder. Banana cream combat powder will be THE BEST protein youve ever had
  • Everybody uses optimum nutrition and its a good protein but just profile alone muscle pharm combat is better and the banana cream taste is out of this world. cellucor is cleanest of any protein ive seen its just alittle more expensve. Im not knocking optimum nutrition its good but personally MP Combat or Cellucor Super Sport are better