EASTER Fitness Challenge Check-In March 11th

NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
Good morning! How's everyone doing today? Hopefully doing well and making progress towards your goals! We are getting closer to Easter and the end of our challenge. Keep up the great work all the way through to the end. YOU are doing an AWESOME job!

Yesterday I didn't exercise and I only got in 6 of my 8 waters. I'm still not feeling really well so we will see what I get done today. What I'd really like to do is sleep but my boys don't seem to like that idea. Oh, well. That's life!

++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Good morning! How's everyone doing today? Hopefully doing well and making progress towards your goals! We are getting closer to Easter and the end of our challenge. Keep up the great work all the way through to the end. YOU are doing an AWESOME job!

Yesterday I didn't exercise and I only got in 6 of my 8 waters. I'm still not feeling really well so we will see what I get done today. What I'd really like to do is sleep but my boys don't seem to like that idea. Oh, well. That's life!

++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Hope you feel better soon Niccole there really is nothing worse than being ill and looking after energetic kids, I always try and get a couple of hours rest by popping a DVD on filling a bowl full of treats (for the kids) and filling their juice beakers up this way you may get just over an hour when you don't need to get up and you can get some rest even if it is just on the sofa.

Went for my walk this morning got back just before the rain really didn't feel like using my elliptical today and I knew if I did I wouldn't put in the effort so I decided to drag out my skipping rope and do a workout I haven't done in over a year (had gr8 results when I did this last year)
    2 mins moderate to fast jump rope (there is just enough room in my kitchen)
    3 mins running up and down the stairs

repeat 6 times (30 mins)
    when I looked it up this actually burns more calories in 30 mins than I do on the elliptical for 35 mins what a bonus and the time went so quickly. My legs are starting to ache a bit now but what really surprised me was when I used to do this I used to get up and back down the stairs 10 times in 3 mins today I consistently managed 15 times so even though I am not back to the weight I got down to last year I must be fitter.

I think I will alternate this with using the elliptical maybe changing each week I think I am perhaps getting a bit bored with the same old workout.

Have a good tuesday everybody.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good morning ladies! I did my Biggest Loser Cardio & Power Sculpt this morning and then carried six loads of firewood into the basement so I'm all set for today. Zumba class starts on Thursday and I am VERY excited! My birthday is the 21st and I have asked my kids for the Polar F11 Heart Monitor. Has anyone had any experience with them?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Julie - no one here, as far as I know, but Banks and Songbyrd each have one. I have two more weeks to fill before I get one. I think they are available at Target, but haven't looked.

Yesterday was 90 min yoga, two walks, and 30 min strength. I did a bunch of lunges and my butt is feeling it today!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Good morning. Ugh - not so good! Haven't exercised yesterday or today. That time of the month - NO will power. Ate a chocolate donut and 1/2 cinnamon roll at work yesterday aft and swirl ice cream cone from DQ last night. Wayyy over on calories - did you know a small swirl cone from DQ has 240 calories? Or chocolate or vanilla for that matter. Yikes! Hoping to get back on track today and even exercise tomorrow - this monthly thing and the time change really socked me. Happy Tues. all!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Good morning. Ugh - not so good! Haven't exercised yesterday or today. That time of the month - NO will power. Ate a chocolate donut and 1/2 cinnamon roll at work yesterday aft and swirl ice cream cone from DQ last night. Wayyy over on calories - did you know a small swirl cone from DQ has 240 calories? Or chocolate or vanilla for that matter. Yikes! Hoping to get back on track today and even exercise tomorrow - this monthly thing and the time change really socked me. Happy Tues. all!

240 doesn't sound like that much to me - same as the chocolate donut, but many more bites :happy:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member

240 doesn't sound like that much to me - same as the chocolate donut, but many more bites :happy:

Yeah - it was yummy! The main problem was that I had the donut too!! PMS sucks! :tongue:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hi Everybody!

Running up and down stairs AND jumping rope -- wow! That's a tough workout. I can only jump rope for a minute before I start to die. And I have to wear about four sports bras to even attempt it...lol.

I got in 60 minutes of cardio yesterday and am finding that I'm getting stronger on the elliptical. 40 minutes on that sucker, then 20 more on the bike, plus walking back and forth to the gym. I also did about 20 minutes of strength from one of the shape.com workouts.

I'm feeling really good. I drank all my water, took my vitaminis, and have been getting in brief meditation periods as well.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi everyone, Wanderinglight you crack me up! Well let's see 1/2 hour of shopping = ? calories, had my hair done today, that took another hour, yesterday I had a massage, I thought that would help my back and it did. Double duty driving school bus today. Maybe I'll get to my Yoga tonight. Other than that not much to speak of today.:sad: I feel like a complete slacker:tongue: I'll get back into it though.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Here's to massages.:drinker: Glad it helped you to feel better, kj!

So, today I'm trying a "BOSU" class at my gym. I have no idea what to expect, but they are offering a special pre-class intro session, so I'm pretty sure I won't be the only newbie there. I went out and bought a new pair of cross-trainers (my old ones were shot) as extra incentive. I'll be sure and report back tomorrow. I'll also walk there and back.

Had to go get a bunch of bloodwork done today, they're trying to check up on me, and make sure my apparent flare-up symptoms are "just fibromyalgia".
    (spoken like a doctor who doesn't have fibro :tongue: ) It's always scary to see those diseases on the test sheet, but I'm trying to look at it as just something more to be grateful for.

Take care ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    quick check-in; spring break was great, but now trying to deal with mid-terms! So much grading! I think I'm going to start all multiple choice tests so I don't have essays to read!

60 min in weight room, 75 min on gazelle. PMS & chocolate = bad calorie day!:devil:

Everyone hang in there, think about it, only 1 more week after this! YOU CAN DO IT! :drinker: