Wii love it!

banks1850
banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
Believe it or not, we finally found a Wii. It was used, but it came with the warranty. I just started playing the baseball batting practice with the wife. I love it because I can practice my actual swing for the season (the real season), and the wife actually feels the workout in her core with batting practice. I can't wait for Wii exercise to come out. Tennis is a pretty good workout too if you can get it going long enough! I wholeheartedly recommend this as an alternative to those other game consoles. (This and guitar hero, that game is awesome). Yes I'm a 34 year old 12 year old! :laugh:

Replies

• banks1850
    Believe it or not, we finally found a Wii. It was used, but it came with the warranty. I just started playing the baseball batting practice with the wife. I love it because I can practice my actual swing for the season (the real season), and the wife actually feels the workout in her core with batting practice. I can't wait for Wii exercise to come out. Tennis is a pretty good workout too if you can get it going long enough! I wholeheartedly recommend this as an alternative to those other game consoles. (This and guitar hero, that game is awesome). Yes I'm a 34 year old 12 year old! :laugh:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Yes I'm a 34 year old 12 year old! :laugh:

Glad to know that I am not the only woman married to one...the only difference is that my "12 year old" is 40!!:laugh:
  • I love playing bowling on the Wii, also on PS2...DDR. Its so fun.:happy:
  • banks1850
    Sadly Bamboo, my wife likes it as much, or more, then I do. :tongue:

So it's not just a guy thing I guess.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Love the wii too, try the boxing I felt that for 2 days!!:laugh:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    woo! I love the Wii!! I'm a Pro in tennis and boxing! :laugh: but i'm only 21 I'm aloud to like video games! hahahahaha
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    My nephews brought theirs when they came to visit from SC during Christmas. I loved it!!!!!!!!!!! We did the boxing and I was sweating and was sore the next day!!!!! I really got into it. I liked the baseball and the bowling as well. And tennis, yes, I liked it but it was a little frustrating to me. I would love to buy one. They are still pricey and hard to find, right? I have too many expenses right now but I might get one by the end of the year.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    We have the PS2 DDR, which I love and it gets my daughter up and moving and she's so awesome at it. We're getting a Wii when we get back from Spring Break. I can hardly wait, and I'm 52.....:blushing:
  • remerp
    remerp Posts: 7
    We have a Wii too and lovvveee it .. me and my bf are probably going to play a good game of tennis tonight, we are quite competitive !!!
    i've finish all of zelda, paper mario and mario galaxie...

i'm am just not sure how to put the wii tennis down through . i normaly put it as table tennis, as it seems to me that it is pretty similar. after 30 min or so i really feel it in my arms :smile:

Can't wait for wii fit !!!!!!!!!!! i really have high hope for that !!!

may
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    The Wii is so much fun!!
    My friends and I play it all the time (when we aren't studying of course), and it really does get that heart rate going if you really get in to it.

i agree, the boxing hurts!!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    My kids are begging for one and I am on the lookout so I can tuck it away for Christmas! Sounds like I might like it as much as they do!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    I love DDR (Dance Dance Revolution)!!! Though I haven't been able to use it in a long time because our TV downstairs (on a cement slab) is too old and we can't hook up the console and if I did it upstairs (wood floor) the whole house shakes, not a good thing.
  • kkurz
    kkurz Posts: 20

Can't wait for wii fit !!!!!!!!!!! i really have high hope for that !!!

may

My fiance and i are addicted to our Wii! I also can't wait for the Wii Fit to come out!! I can't believe how much of a workout bowling is on a video game though... you seriously break a sweat!
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    I had totally forgot about my Wii. I love that and the boxing is a Killer work out!

I am so excited now!

Woo Hoo! Gonna go box for the after noon exercise.

Thanks for reminding me I had options.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    anybody tried Mario and Sonic olympics ???
    just got it yesterday and it really makes you work out your arms.... and if you do it standing up you can really get a good work out.

counting the days untill wii fit...

may
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    I have wii fit on pre order not to sure about it though there are some bloggs on you tube that have made me re think that I don't think it is the game is going to be that good now I have done some research to open up new events you need to use it daily this means it weighs you DAILY which is not something I am sure is all that good that has really turned me off getting it however you get the wii balance board and OMG what else could they make that it could be used for. Dont get me wrong I LOVE the wii and can't wait for mario kart to come out 11th april in the uk (12 players in real time from where ever how cool my dad and I will be racing my cousins on the mainland thats 3 houses I just think that is brilliant)

Could never get the hang of baseball but boxing definately my son is sooo funny he jumps all around the room we had to stop him playing this game with his friends as he was a bit dangerous.

Donkey kong jet racing is a good one too you use knunchuk and remote and run with them to build up speed which you have to do every time you hit something and you shake left and right to turn and jump is both arms up in the air we played this at the weekend for 3 hours and boy were my arms sore.
  • kkurz
    kkurz Posts: 20
    One thing i have heard about Wii fit is that if you have bad knees you should probably avoid it... because while typical exercise allows you to move your feet wherever... they have to stay on the Wii Fit platform... so people have complained about their knees hurting.

Personally - i don't have a problem with the daily weigh in (i do it already to make sure i'm staying in check)... but i don't turn the Wii on every day... so that will take some getting used to!
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    My Mom bought it for my boys last year. AND I'VE NEVER PLAYED!!!! :ohwell: Guess I will have to get down stairs and try it:tongue:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    The Wii is the best. Love tennis, boxing, cow jumping, pool, find the mii, baseball is hard, bowling, Mario, Boogie is embarrassing, the rabbit game is so tiring. I pretty much like all the games so far.
    It is great, but tennis can be dangerous in small places. My hubby had just about knocked both me and my son out.