Easter Fitness Challenge March 12th

I'm up first. . .wonder of wonders.

So, in case you're curious, BOSU is super fun, but hard. It's like step aerobics, but if the step was made of jello. My legs are a bit sore, but I'm surprised I'm not in sorer shape this am. I found out that an "intro" class means you spend 15 minutes before the class learning (doing!) the moves, then 45 minutes in class doing them. So, the intro class ends up being an hour of cardio. Whew. I hope I can go back often.

Today is my day off, so I might just do some stretching tonight.

Time is just flying by for me. It's really almost Easter. I found myself in the WRONG aisle at the drugstore yesterday, and I thought the peeps were going to chase me down!

Happy Wednesday, all!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I'm up first. . .wonder of wonders.

So, in case you're curious, BOSU is super fun, but hard. It's like step aerobics, but if the step was made of jello. My legs are a bit sore, but I'm surprised I'm not in sorer shape this am. I found out that an "intro" class means you spend 15 minutes before the class learning (doing!) the moves, then 45 minutes in class doing them. So, the intro class ends up being an hour of cardio. Whew. I hope I can go back often.

Today is my day off, so I might just do some stretching tonight.

Time is just flying by for me. It's really almost Easter. I found myself in the WRONG aisle at the drugstore yesterday, and I thought the peeps were going to chase me down!

Happy Wednesday, all!:flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi all, Vivia but what are you actually stepping on? Something like a wiggly cube or stair tread? I've never heard of Bosu. We are getting snow today so I am planning on a light session of snowshoeing. No more than twenty minutes. And if possible my yoga tonight. I am so not going to get to my goal but I'm not gaining so I'm satisfied for now. See yall tomorrow.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Core fitness dvd this morning 25 mins

My leg and just under my ribcage are sore from my jump rope and running up the stairs yesterday I will be doing it again tomorrow though.

we have had really bad winds all last night and this morning so haven't been for my walk will go soon the wind has dropped a little it doesn't bother me but it nearly blows my little girl over.

Just got back from shopping and just bought a bread maker hoping to save money baking myself it £1.30 for a loaf (approx $2.60) I am hoping that I can convert my kids to eat healthier bread I am making half and half wholewheat and plain flour. Less sugar and less salt need to figure out the calories per slice yet will get to that later.

I am thinking I may play wii boxing with my little lad later haven't had some us time a lot lately but I will make time today.

Have a good day all!!!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Hi Easter Fitness buddies:flowerforyou:

I did The Biggest Loser Cardio Max-all three levels-50 minutes & off to do some housework.

Hope you all have a wonderful hump day:wink:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Hi ladies! Sounds like everyone is doing well! Keep it up!

No exercise for me again yesterday. Well, I did some cleaning and packing for my trip today but that's it. Still not feeling great but a little better. I did get in my waters, vitamins & meds, and tracked in my journal. I also weighed myself this morning but didn't have a loss. I'll try again when I get back. I guess that's it! I probably won't be online again until Tuesday morning so I will 'see' you all then!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Karen - I think viviakay was on a half ball - have you seen those? Flat on one side, round on the other - is this correct?

Still a little sore from lunges on Monday. Got in some elliptical and walking yesterday. I should finally get the biggest loser workout from Netflix today - based on Julie's suggestion. I'll try it soon - but husband is off work the rest of the week for SXSW (friend of his got him a wrist band), so unless I do it at night when he's out, it won't be happening. I noticed a circuit training class today, so I might try that - and see if it counts as my weights.

I really need to do more yoga. I suppose I think that of everything.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Good morning all! I finally got up and exercised this morning! First time this week. Felt great! Todays my anniversary - 3 yr. Wahoo. Wish I was more excited! Probably will be when we go out to celebrate Fri or Sat. Just feel kind of blah today - really down for some reason. I'm sure it will come to me! Working out felt great though. Happy hump day!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    A half ball, huh? No Mary I haven't seen anything like that but I don't get to go to a gym where I live. I'll ask my daughter if she has seen one. She does a step class but she lives an hour away. Well all I have to say is Vivia you sure are talented if you can get on one of those!

Niccole have a great time on your trip!

Learned some new moves in PT :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hi Everyone!

Yesterday I ate 2000 calories -- eep -- which spurred me on to work out until they were gone. I'm finding that I'm really hungry late in the day, so I'm going to start eating bigger breakfasts and trying to get the bulk of my calories in before 4pm so I'm not eating 700 calories at dinner.

Anyway, I did 40 tough minutes on the elliptical, cranking it up a level, and then 20 more on the bike plus a walk. I'm definitely feeling stronger on the elliptical these days.

I've done some BOSU work but never taken a class. I wish my gym offered them! As part of rehabbing my knee from the surgery, I try to stand on one leg for 30 seconds at a time on the squishy part. It definitely is hard! I also like doing pushups off the flat side.

This morning I was feeling stiff and sore, so I did a great 25 minutes of power yoga and it heated me right up. Now I feel great!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    A half ball, huh? No Mary I haven't seen anything like that but I don't get to go to a gym where I live. I'll ask my daughter if she has seen one. She does a step class but she lives an hour away. Well all I have to say is Vivia you sure are talented if you can get on one of those!

Niccole have a great time on your trip!

Learned some new moves in PT :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yep, that's it exactly. I don't know about talented. I had a few moments (OK< a lot) of Oh, oops. . .I thought we were going this way.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    60 min on gazelle. Was under on calories yesterday so I was/am hungry all day today! Why oh why! :frown: