What a difference!

ranibauer
ranibauer Posts: 73
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
Before I started "dieting" and working out a couple of months ago I noticed that a few nights a week my stomach would always feel slightly nausous. Not the stuffed full nausous feeling or a true sick feeling just a slight nausous in the bottom of my stomach. Well fast forward and yesterday i ate kinda bad: tomato basil pizza, and a few halloween cookie bars that my coworker made. I actually still stayed around my calories for the day but I noticed last night that I felt nausous again! I hadn't felt that in a couple of months. I just realized that my body does not like sugary carb things. Its just another reason to eat healthy so that I don't go to bed feeling sick!

Replies

• Before I started "dieting" and working out a couple of months ago I noticed that a few nights a week my stomach would always feel slightly nausous. Not the stuffed full nausous feeling or a true sick feeling just a slight nausous in the bottom of my stomach. Well fast forward and yesterday i ate kinda bad: tomato basil pizza, and a few halloween cookie bars that my coworker made. I actually still stayed around my calories for the day but I noticed last night that I felt nausous again! I hadn't felt that in a couple of months. I just realized that my body does not like sugary carb things. Its just another reason to eat healthy so that I don't go to bed feeling sick!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    That happens to me when I eat "junk" food like pizza, chinese foods... all the yummy stuff.

My body just can't handle all the crap that's in those foods anymore... which is a good thing I guess.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    that's a great reason to stay away from those things. i wish that i had that reaction. but for me they are a thing of the past.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    very interesting....
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    I get that, although I can narrow it down. if it has a high fat/sugar ratio.. I can only tollerate a couple of bites. For example, if I take what is sonsidered a propper portion of low sugar ice cream (or regular ice cream for that matter), I can only eat about half of it (which is only about 3 spoonfulls) or I get really sick to my stomach. Interesting side note... I just came back from 2 weeks in Italy, where the Gellato (Italian ice cream) is to die for..... I splurged and bought a "piculo" size cup (about a fourth of a cup / 2.2 oz) almost every day. I never felt ill, even though it wasn't low sugar..... Reason? Well, Gellato has a lower cream content. It isn't a huge differece but it was enough to make me a happy, gellato eating freak for 2 weeks!. Good news.... I was in a small town in a villa... the best Gellateria was up in the center piazza... a 10 minute steap and straight up hill walk........ I came back 2 lbs lighter!
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    Sounds exactly like what happened to my husband, nausea after eating, sometimes within 30 minutes or up to 3 hours later. That all ended when he was told he had to have his gallbladder taken out. Hasn't happened since. He still has a diet high in fat and his gallbladder was acting up and he had alot of gallstones. In fact, one of my stepdaughters did the same thing and since she had her gallbladder removed, no problems, even though she also maintains her high fat diet.
    I hope it isn't your gallbladder. When my husbands was removed at 62, there were 4 other people in there for the same surgery, everyone of whom was under 30, two of which were 24 and 25.
    nancym
This discussion has been closed.