Fun exercise!

Options
I thought I'd share this because I just spent the last 20 minutes having a good time exercising. If you're bored with your workout or just want to de-stress and have a little fun, dance it out! Put on your favorite radio station, turn on a music video TV station, get those extra music channels on your TV and find your favorite or put on your MP3 player and rock out! :laugh:
If you like country, pop, alternative, 50's, whatever, just enjoy your time and move your body! Dance like no one is watching :) I turned on GAC, the country channel, and spent 20 mintues movin and groovin to my favorite artists and the cherry on the top: I burned some calories and worked my muscles! It's not going to be the same as running or lifting weights but we all deserve to let loose a little and when noone is around, go crazy! Do the charlie brown, salsa, bump and grind, do a little cha cha, go around your coffee table, discover ways to move that you didn't think your body could do!
It's the perfect pick-me-up. Just try it. You could be suprised! My dog thinks I'm insane but no one else needs to know :wink:

Replies

• nik433
    nik433 Posts: 57
    Options
    I thought I'd share this because I just spent the last 20 minutes having a good time exercising. If you're bored with your workout or just want to de-stress and have a little fun, dance it out! Put on your favorite radio station, turn on a music video TV station, get those extra music channels on your TV and find your favorite or put on your MP3 player and rock out! :laugh:
    If you like country, pop, alternative, 50's, whatever, just enjoy your time and move your body! Dance like no one is watching :) I turned on GAC, the country channel, and spent 20 mintues movin and groovin to my favorite artists and the cherry on the top: I burned some calories and worked my muscles! It's not going to be the same as running or lifting weights but we all deserve to let loose a little and when noone is around, go crazy! Do the charlie brown, salsa, bump and grind, do a little cha cha, go around your coffee table, discover ways to move that you didn't think your body could do!
    It's the perfect pick-me-up. Just try it. You could be suprised! My dog thinks I'm insane but no one else needs to know :wink:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I agree it is so fun. I usually always do that while I'm making supper, it'stops me from snacking while I'm preparing and the kids join in sometimes too. My 3 month old sits stares and takes it all in, he probably thinks I'm insane too, but soon he'll be joining me as well!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    heck ya!

I love music and dancing and before I got my turbo jam tapes that was my only real exercise and it really was amazing at how well it worked, how fun it was and how easy it was! especially if you have the right music....we too have the music ondemand so I was switching all over the place (my son accompanies me too....funny how a 7 year old and a 39 year old love the same groves LMBO...)

Keep up the great job...I think I may even join you tonight...I need a break from cardio boxing...I need to dance like no one is watchin'....except for my son ....lol
    :wink:
    hugs!
    Ali