is this unrealistic?

do you think that this goal is unrealistic?
burn 1400 cal 5x a week
in total burning 7000 cal a week which is 2 lbs?
is this too much? any suggestions???

Replies

• dncr8707
    dncr8707 Posts: 74
    burn 1400 cal 5x a week
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    I don't think it's unrealistic - as long as you're eating adequately. It's a lot of work though!!
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    2 lbs a week isn't unrealistic, but you don't want to go much higher than that. Make sure you're eating enough or you won't loose any! :tongue: Good luck!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    it sure is a lot of work,,

i've just done about 1000 cal for 1h of swimming and 1h of aquaerobic class,
    i could not imagine doing anymore exercise without crashing.
    i guess you could do something that burns more but still would be hard.

may
  • dncr8707
    dncr8707 Posts: 74
    well this thing says i should eat 1390 cal a day. Thanks for your replies
  • GingerKid
    GingerKid Posts: 86
    burn 1400 cal 5x a week

On the exercise portion alone, I don't think it's unrealistic at all. I just looked at my weekly exercise and in the 3 days I've been doing this...(working out is my strong suit...eating, not so much)...I have already burned over 1300calories in 3 sessions. (with a total of about 2:15min in time). I also know this to be acurate as I wear a heart rate monitor. I'm "running" a 5k on Sunday and that will give me an additional 600? cals (of course, what you weigh is going to affect your personal numbers).

Boy, I sure am long winded! :laugh:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Start how you intend to finish, this is a life long journey, how long can you maintain running half marathons a week?:tongue:
  • GingerKid
    Are you talking to me??::embarassed: I've been working out for years now 4-6 times a week 3.1miles isn't very far (and thankfully this one is FLAT :laugh:) I was just trying to give my example of what I do on a very regular basis. Oh, and if you weren't talking to me, then I feel stupid :embarassed:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Are you talking to me??::embarassed: I've been working out for years now 4-6 times a week 3.1miles isn't very far (and thankfully this one is FLAT :laugh:) I was just trying to give my example of what I do on a very regular basis. Oh, and if you weren't talking to me, then I feel stupid :embarassed:

No, I was replying to DNCR:smile: , 7000 calories per week is alot to burn, and I wonder how many can maintain that....at 118lbs I burn approx 500 calories for an hour run, 500 calsx7 days a week is 3500 cals. An hour run for me is 8.5-9km. I just don't think it is neccessary to do that much.. I have been exersicing for years too, and enjoy jogging....my muscles could not handle 8-10 km runs every day.... I should have quoted DNCR so you knew I was replying to her post, sorry. :frown:
  • GingerKid
    Maybe I misunderstood her post? I thought from exercise she only wanted to burn 1400cals for the whole week? and the rest would come from food moderation?? Gah, I don't know! :laugh:

If it's 1400cals per day, then yeah, I'm with you! That would be hard to maintain for SURE. I'd need like 2-3 hours of exercise a DAY to get that in...
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yep. It is unrealistic. - To lose 2 lbs a week by exercise alone is really tough to maintain once you reach your goal. Also to lose 2 lbs a week when you only have 22 to lose, is very difficult. Cut it in half. It will take longer, but so what? 22 weeks is less than 1/2 a year - nothing - the time will fly, trust me.