Hula Hooping

I've recently been given a hula hoop and have been playing around with it. It makes me feel like a kid again.

Anyways, I looked it up and you can burn from 400-600 calories an hour hooping.

How cool is that!!!!! I'm pretty excited:happy:

Replies

• I've recently been given a hula hoop and have been playing around with it. It makes me feel like a kid again.

Anyways, I looked it up and you can burn from 400-600 calories an hour hooping.

How cool is that!!!!! I'm pretty excited:happy:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    :happy: Those days are gone for me, use to hula hoop when I was young:laugh: I bet it does burn a lot of calories.:smile:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    I have a weighted hula hoop (5lbs) and it really gets the heart rate up, even just doing 15 min and taking a break then another 15 min. It's GREAT!! :flowerforyou:
    Though, I couldn't do that much time at first, I had to build up!
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    The hooping that you looked up is probably with a weighted hoop. I have a 5lb one and work up a sweat with it. If your just using a regular hula hoop youre probably not burning quite that much. Is it one of these?
    www.sports-hoop.com

If not, you should invest in one i really love mine!! Everybody is probably tired of me posting about it, but im in love with it and it works soo good on getting rid of love handles and tonning up the baby belly.:wink:
  • My kung fu teacher gave it to me. Its one of the exercise ones. And its pretty heavy, still fun:wink:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Sounds Fun. Too bad I can't keep a hula hoop up longer than 2 seconds!:laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    OMG! that sounds awesome ...hmmm wonder if I could still do it....I actually still have my rocky tee shirt I won from coming first place in a hula hoop contest....why do I suddenly feel old?!:ohwell:

I'm gonna go check those out!
    thanks!
    Ali