What is your strangest fear?

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Two things - moths (butterflies are fine) and an irrational fear that a semi is going to jack-knife and fall on me.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    I'm afraid of my knees bending backwards. I've had several nightmares about it since I was little. Weird, no? :noway: Lol
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Whatever makes me unable to sleep at night without a light on...unless my hubby's there.

Whatever is in the closet that makes me have to have the door shut at all times

The impossibility of waking up weighing 20 pounds more than the night before.
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Tornadoes, crickets Damn they can jump high and falling.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    I can't stand it when someone is behind me on a sidewalk and gaining on me. I actualy have to stop and let them pass me up. On a stairwell? Forget about it. I don't go up steps unless I am totaly alone. If not, I race up the stairs and jump into the closest room until they pass. :laugh:
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Although no one will probably read this because it's on like page 8, but...

I CANNOT have my window shades open once it gets dark or be near a window that isn't covered when it's dark. I live near the woods/a forest and I always think there will be someone standing outside the window or in the woods and watching me. I freak out!
  • WORMS !!!! Ewwww........So gross , they really scare me !!!
  • Vomiting! :sick:
  • I'm terrified of a possible home invasion or being murdered. No joke, I lock the bathroom door and pull a drawer out in the cabinet when I am in there and home alone. If I am going to die, I am not going to be snuck up on.

How rational is that?! LOL

Yep, me too.

Same here.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Being in confined in small spaces. I hope I never have to get a MRI. I would FREAK the f OUT. :frown:
  • Beetles, any breed and almost any flying insects. I have managed to handle lady bugs and butterflies and bees but anything else and I am a complete maniac!!! Especially those beetles. I saw a cockroach in Mexico and had a complete panic attack. I'm surprised they got me out of the hotel room!!!! I still shudder when I think about it! Eeww.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Although no one will probably read this because it's on like page 8, but...

I CANNOT have my window shades open once it gets dark or be near a window that isn't covered when it's dark. I live near the woods/a forest and I always think there will be someone standing outside the window or in the woods and watching me. I freak out!
    Way too many hacker movies! lol It is super creepy to keep shades up once its dark out.
  • I'm afraid a little afraid of heights which is a more common one. But i once dated a girl who was afraid of aliens. She swore she had been abducted lol.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    That if I leave the room with food sitting in the open, spiders will lay eggs on it.

Makes no sense I know.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Those tubes of dough that you peel to release the pressure.... *shudder* If there's someone else home, I will have them open if for me, or I try to open it by force instead of dealing with the suspense of when it will pop open at me.

Oh yes, me too! I've been afraid of those ever since I was little. When my son buys those I make him open them away from me.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Those tubes of dough that you peel to release the pressure.... *shudder* If there's someone else home, I will have them open if for me, or I try to open it by force instead of dealing with the suspense of when it will pop open at me.

Oh yes, me too! I've been afraid of those ever since I was little. When my son buys those I make him open them away from me.

THIS! I have to use an oven mit and hit it against the side of the kitchen counter.....every single time!!!! I'm so happy I'm not alone! hahah

:blushing:
  • I'm afraid of swimming pool drains. I can't be near one and definitely not ON one! (but I'm not alone, I just found out there was a FB group for us drainophobes)

@daffodilsoup: "Titanic" must have freaked you out!!

this is my biggest fear too
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    My biggest fear is getting locked up in jail and getting gang raped...dead serious!!!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    holes (mostly when they're under me). Drain holes, manholes, grates, holes in the ground...I used to not be able to walk near any type of hole, covered or not. Now I just can't walk on anything you can see through.

The dark. I shouldn't be afraid of the dark, but I am.

The unknown. Which is why I try and learn as much as I can. Sometimes it drives my husband crazy with how many documentaries I watch and books I read and things I research online. But I like learning new things and feel like I'm missing out on something major if I don't know about it.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    I used to be very scared of my basement. We have this little room off to the side that someone could easily hide in and come at you from behind when you go down there, and when I was a kid I saw the original House on Haunted Hill and the whole ending with the acid vat in the basement just did me in. I'd run up the steps every time. Even still, I won't go down there without turning the light on before I hit the bottom of the steps lol.