GoodReads

TaraDenise
TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
Is anyone a member of goodreads? I have the app on my Nook Color, but I also access it via the web and through my facebook account. For those unfamiliar, it's a social site where you can add friends, search and review books, create bookshelves (read, to read, currently reading, etc.). I usually find great book recommendations from friends and from the goodreads staff. If you are on, add me as a friend....Tara Taylor

Replies

• MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    I'm on. I'll add you. I like it but find that sometimes I update my book list often and other times I forget all about it.
  • I'm on there but haven't used it in a long time .... i tend to forget about it :ohwell:
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    I love goodreads. Best resource I have for finding new things to read. You can add me if you'd like. Ayla Barrow.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    I'm on it and find it useful, but rarely check in. I'm Abbyb1 on there. Feel free to add me. :)
  • williamsonday
    williamsonday Posts: 11 Member
    I use GoodReads, both as a place to vent my opinions and as a resource.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    That is so funny! I just came on the board to post a topic about Good Reads and you beat me to the punch :-) I spent a few hours today scanning all the books I own into the program, and sorting them into shelves. I had made an Excel file a while ago cataloging them, but it is nice to have something more definitive to look at. Not to mention I could add all my favorite authors and see when new books in my series are coming out. I am sgriffin2382 on there. Anyone feel free to add me!

http://www.goodreads.com/sgriffin2382
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    I love goodreads. I'm on there all the time. Please add me if you wish: Chrissyreads

:D
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    I just joined. Thanks for the recommendation.
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    It is a great site!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Sgriffin, how did you scan your books into Goodreads? I mainly use it to track books I see recommended in magazines, etc.
  • I'm on there under Lissakay77....Feel free to add me :)
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Sarah_EP

Though I don't go on often.
  • I'm starting to get back into using this site .... I'm arsie612 on there if anyone wants to find me :smile:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    I'm there a lot... I just finished my 2011 reading goal. Pm me if you want my email.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    i'm on goodreads. find my username caljur or my full name raymond j. ramsey. i too tend to forget about it at times but hoping to improve in the future. mfp has taken a bit of my time in recent months.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    I'm addicted to reading books! I'm on GoodReads.com! Go to: http://www.goodreads.com/sixcatfaerie & add me! Please let me know that you are from MFP!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Here's the link to add me as a friend over there: http://www.goodreads.com/friend/i?i=LTM2MDU3MDIxODQ6MzY4

if that doesn't work, my name is Alice Molina
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    I'm a little late, but I just created mine on there. Here's the URL to mine: http://www.goodreads.com/kimmyeb
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    I love to read, and have heard a little about Goodreads.....going to check out the website some more.....from what I already know about it....it seems pretty awesome!! =]
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I :heart: goodreads!! Don't go on there very often but I don't know what I'd do without that To Read list! People are always recommending books to me on top of the list I've already got going so it makes my life a whole lot easier.

Feel free to friend me if you'd like - if you search for NayShel, I'll be the only one that comes up - no image and it's under Renee.