Has anyone tried Alli?

I was wondering if anyone on here has tried Alli, the weight loss supplement that is approved by the FDA to help you lose 50% more weight?! I have been eyeing it in the store and would looooove some feedback from anyone who may have tried it!
Thanks,
Jenn

Replies

• cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    I was wondering if anyone on here has tried Alli, the weight loss supplement that is approved by the FDA to help you lose 50% more weight?! I have been eyeing it in the store and would looooove some feedback from anyone who may have tried it!
    Thanks,
    Jenn
  • AshleyPic
    AshleyPic Posts: 13 Member
    Hi! I have never tried Alli, but I did talk to my doctor about it. She said that it doesn't help you THAT much, and because it prevents you from absorbing fat you will be in the bathroom quite a bit while taking this medicine. So she said it was up to me, but that she didn't recommend it. Also, there is a prescription version of Alli that is stronger, and she said that if one of her patients really needed help loosing weight, she would prescribe this, not have them get Alli. But she did end up saying that it was up to me. Hope this helps!
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    hi,

i've tried a variety of fat burners and then i went to crosscrunch.com and began following the meal plans. these are similiar to medfast and some of the others that deliver food to your door except these you buy the food for one week at the store and then prepare the meals yourself. no meal takes over 15 min to prepare and without exercise during the first two weeks i had to take in my belt notch three notches. over the course of 90 days with exercise i went from my size 15 being too small to a size 13 being loose. i haven't taken vitamins and i feel better eating those foods then anything else i have done. you have to make food your friend and know what foods will work as fuel in your body. that menu has it all. the menus are free. when you exercise and you will see that you can actually see results the next day after working out. i like knowing that what i eat today i will be thinner and more fit tomorrow. before food was my enemy and i craved sweets so bad. i don't crave any foods any more and i guess that is because my body is getting what it needs. my nails are growing, i was never able to grow nails before. now i am getting help from jillian michaels personal trainer for biggest loser program on tv and she says you have to have a strength training and cardio in your workout.
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Wow Pamelawh! Hats off to you! You should go to work for crosscrunch because you sound like a walking billboard advertisement!
  • Alli can have some pretty nasty side effects. They say they decrease after the first week and may stop after 4 weeks. The package insert actually suggests wearing dark pants while starting Alli...some 'oily leakage' and 'fecal incontinence' are actually very common. There can be lots of other upset stomach issues too...so even if it helps you lose weight you can be pretty miserable too. Something to think about when weighing the pros and cons.
  • SugarBearRetired
    SugarBearRetired Posts: 76 Member
    It sounds like giving yourself the flu!