Introductions

2»

Replies

• cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    My name is Christina, I’m 24 years old and from Buffalo, NY. I’ve been on MFP since January 2011, and in April 2011 I got engaged to my boyfriend of 6 years. Since joining MFP I’ve lost 49.8lbs, and I’ve done 2 rounds of 30DS and 1 complete round of RI30. I also do all of her other dvd’s pretty regularly :)

After buying a house at the beginning of November, I kind of fell off the wagon eating and exercise wise. I stopped logging and even skipped working out for almost 2 weeks straight. I decided today to get back at it full force :) logging no matter what, and exercising like I used to. I’m currently in the middle of Supreme 90, but I am so excited for Jillian’s new DVD. I also preordered it off Amazon, and I think starting this challenge just after the New Year will be great!! Can’t wait to get started with all of you :) and I look forward to encouraging and supporting each other along the way!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Amy, 37 - from New York State. Mom of 3 (5,7,9) + 2 dogs & you can throw hubby in there too!

I've got a crazy busy schedule (like most of you, I'm sure) - and know I have to put my health as a priority.

I'm 5'8" and I've been bouncing between 190-198 for the past month. (prior to Thanksgiving I had hit the 20# loss mark on MFP & need to reclaim that).

I love Jillian - I used to belong to her online forum, but dropped to help out the budget.

Can't wait to start out the year strong with a fabulous challenge & wonderful group for motivation!!

Hugs,
    Amy :)
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    It seems like we have an awesome group ready for this challenge. I'm so excited! I definitely NEED this! As much as I LOATHE Jillian (repectfully referred to by man of us as "the devil *****" (DB for short)) I cannot wait to get going!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    HI, I am interested in joining in this challenge as well :) My name is Jennifer,31, and I currently live in California.

I have done the Shred 3x with barely any results just 2" :( Ripped in 30 2x with no results, finished her Killer Buns with 1" loss and done some of her over dvds as well and yet super excited to get her new dvd :P I am not getting results with Jillian but I love her, I enjoy the workouts. I haven't preordered cause the last time I did it didn't come in the mail til a week after it was released so I will take my chances with getting it in the stores, so Jan 2 will hopefully be perfect.

I am currently going into week 3 of P90X so will not be finished with it when we start but hopefully can manage both (we'll see). The 3-4 days sounds awesome considering it is a 45 minute workout. I am taking a break from Jillian cause I think my body is too use to it. I LOVE planks btw <3

I am having a slow go with weight loss, not plateaued but losing like .2-.4 lbs a week but then finally 1 lb one week. I keep thinking it prolly mainly due to diet cause I am a super picky eater. I usually workout 5-7 days a week.
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Hi, I'm Sophie. I've just finished Ripped in 30 and will be taking on Killer Buns and Thighs in december. Can't wait to carry on with Jillian in the new year while being supported by all of you awesome girls! Bring it on!!
  • ChasesMumma927
    ChasesMumma927 Posts: 130 Member
    My name is Nicole I am 27 I have lost weight with MFP and I have gained some back before hitting my goal.. SOoooo I need support!! Food is my weakness and I need to get back into working out!!

so anyways

Count me in!!! I have more than I want to admit to lose :-( I hope this really works! Fun to have support :-)
  • My name is Regina and I am 43 years old married with three adult sons. I have done shred it with weighs but not for a full 30 days so it will be good for me to be consistent with her workout. I usually work out 5 times a week either elliptical treadmill and Zumba I have shed 23 lbs since starting MFP
  • My name is Regina and I am 43 years old married with three adult sons. I have done shred it with weighs but not for a full 30 days so it will be good for me to be consistent with her workout. I usually work out 5 times a week either elliptical treadmill and Zumba I have shed 23 lbs since starting MFP
  • mauck7
    mauck7 Posts: 74
    Hi! My name is Elizabeth. I currently live in MN. I am a stay at home mom of two kidos. Alex is 2 and my little man is a yr old and I am fulltime college student. Finding the time to do anything these days is an interesting task. I believe that if I am involved with a fabulous group of fat burning machines then just maybe I can kick these extra 20lbs of baby weight to the curb.

Im excited to feel the burn and get this weight loss back on track. I HATE Jillian. I find myself frequently saying horrible things to my TV when she’s on it.(even random commercials). One time I actually think she turned and gave me an evil look and added a set to the routine. Then she yelled at me for doing the beginners version even though she’s the one that provided it in the first place!!

I know we can do this. if we stick together there are no limits to our success!!!

Rock on Hawt Candy Azzes!!!
  • sd101483
    Hi! My name is Elizabeth. I currently live in MN. I am a stay at home mom of two kidos. Alex is 2 and my little man is a yr old and I am fulltime college student. Finding the time to do anything these days is an interesting task. I believe that if I am involved with a fabulous group of fat burning machines then just maybe I can kick these extra 20lbs of baby weight to the curb.

Im excited to feel the burn and get this weight loss back on track. I HATE Jillian. I find myself frequently saying horrible things to my TV when she’s on it.(even random commercials). One time I actually think she turned and gave me an evil look and added a set to the routine. Then she yelled at me for doing the beginners version even though she’s the one that provided it in the first place!!

I know we can do this. if we stick together there are no limits to our success!!!

Rock on Hawt Candy Azzes!!!

I believe that is referred to as "the stink eye" and I wouldn't doubt one bit she fired it at you - it's like she's psychic...devil ***** that she is! ;-)
  • uniquemoves
    uniquemoves Posts: 102 Member
    Hi all!!! My name is Marquita.. and I am so glad to meet all of you and looking forward to sharing this challenge with you.. I absolutely love Jillian!!! Did a round of Rip in 30.. also did a Killer buns and thighs challenge with some other great mfp'ers, i often mix in turbojam/turbofire and pole fitness... and had huge success with all of those.. I lost 29 since starting mfp.. now i am 20 lbs away from my goal so i am so ready for this challenge.. so with that said, let's make it happen!!! :smile:
  • sd101483
    Looks like we have more people joining us so just thought I'd pull this thread back to the top! :)

WELCOME! Tell us a little about you!
  • Hello :) My name is Elizabeth, Ellie for short, and I'm 19 years old. I've been overweight since I was a kid, because of my family issues, and have decided that the controlling person who was behind all of it, is semi out of my life.

I've never tried anything from Jillian, and I know how tough she was on the Biggest Loser. So, I'm interested to see how this will go.

Since September-October, to date, I have lost 23 pounds. I went from 217 to 194, Sizes 18-20 to 16's. I can fit into 14's but I can't button them! :(
    I make no plans on eating junk during the holidays. I workout a LOT, dance to Just Dance games, sit-ups, crunches, lunges, exercise bike.... and now I've hit a plateau.

So far, I'm happy enough to have lost 23 pounds. The most I've ever lost is 5. By March (my birthday), I'd love to lose 20-30 more pounds.

I hate being frustrated and discouraged when I can't seem to be able to lose the weight, which is why I've gained a lot over the years.

So, I really need a good swift kick in the butt, and to lose more and get more fit. I love being on MFP, and have become obsessed with tracking my foods and exercise.

Glad to meet all of you!!
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Hi my name is Lori, I have been on MFP since late September and have found this site to be great. I have lost 16 pounds so far with this program and want to make this site my lifestyle to help me keep this weight off and to stay in shape. I am so glad to be part of this group and can't wait until we start. Glad to meet you all and I wish everyone the best.
  • mommajdawg
    mommajdawg Posts: 57 Member
    Welcome !!!! Great to have some new people in on the Jillian Challenge !!!!:flowerforyou:
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Hey my name is Nikki and I just joined MFP about two days ago. I have a hard time exercising and watching what I eat so once I heard about MFP I jumped to sign up. And so far, MFP has helped to keep me motivated.

I am 19 and from North Carolina. I am engaged to a great man and we have a 2 month old son together. I recently decided that I would not go back to work and would just be a stay at home mom. So far, I love it and all the free time I have. I currently am going to college online through University of Phoenix.

I am aiming for my pre pregnancy weight by summertime and want to lose about 45 lbs.

I am so excited to start this challenege. It is just what I need to stay focused and motivated! I ordered about three different Jillian DVDs last week. I am ready to work my butt off and lose this weight!
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Hi I'm summer. I've been a bum lately and haven't been online much. I've just been so busy I don't have time to log on anymore! I done all of her videos and love all of them. Lately I haven't been doing them and just been running. Which I am totally addicted to. I have the last 15lbs to lose and hoping that this video will help!

I'm 23, have two girls. 2 yr old and a 1 yr old. (she turns 1 on Saturday!) The day I had her I weighed in at 210lb. I am now at 155. So I'm very happy with my results for the year.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Hi I'm Med, 30, California. I like mixing running and Jillian DVD's. I've been using My Fitness Pal for a few months.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Hi I'm Med, 30, California. I like mixing running and Jillian DVD's. I've been using My Fitness Pal for a few months.