T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team!! ~~~> Week 14

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    losingit - that was just an example of a starch.
    Here's more of the list of starches:
    angel food cake - 1 oz
    animal crackers - 8
    bagel - 1/2 (1 oz)
    bran cereal - 1/2 cup
    bread - 1 slice
    corn - 1/2 cup
    couscous - 1/3 cup
    dinner roll - 1 small (1 oz)
    french fries - 1/2 of small order
    pretzel sticks - 3/4 oz
    pudding (sugar free) - 1/2 cup
    and yeah, rice is one, didn't go that far down on the page...

That's only part of the 2 pages, but you get the idea. Their idea of a serving is different than a serving on the side of the package.... so that will be challenging in a way.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Wow!! Good to know!! Thanks!!

Easy to get those 12 servings in that way.. LOL
  • Hey ladies and gent,
    Just checking in. I stayed on track (1200 calories for the day). Then we went to Grandma Helen's and I had one small piece of birthday cake. Put me over by 300 (maybe more???). I am so proud of resisting the ice cream...:noway: Who made the rule that you have to eat cake when you go to a birthday? I am done with birthdays for a while now, thank goodness :ohwell:

p.s. no exercise today because we went to grandma's. tomorrow night I can go for my walk because I have arranged a stepdaughter babysitter while hubby is at work. She is so great! I feel so bad when I don't get my exercise in! :mad:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Hey team -

Okay Adopt4, you have become my trainer - that ab work KICKED my butt! Also, did Walk Away the Pounds, and resistance for arms... Good on calories today, too:bigsmile:

I am working, working, working - picked up 2 more transcription clients AND getting ready for the Art Walk booth in June... busy girl.

Work hard all, I am lurking and keeping my padded slipper handy!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi group. How is everyone! I am phyally and motionally xausted. We say that in my family, when we are dead dog tired, cuz one of my nieces said it when she was about 4 and it stuck.

You all have been having group therapy without me today! I have one to add to the drama. I once hired a gal................................. Mama mia! She was a trial! For literally years later, my coworkers would tease me about the phrase, "but she interviewed so well!" Which I would whine on a regular basis. Adopt4, I kinda question the amount of starch in the Max Miracle Muscle Plan. All I have to go by is my gut. No science tonight. I'm just wondering.

Also, your body fat gain - are you eating about every 2-3 hours? And your question about exercise. So far this week, I suck at it. But, the week ain't over yet. And - THANKS FOR ASKING! I have been kind of flying under the radar for a few days.

Lulu, if I do not report exercise tomorrow, you may beat me with your slipper! Nice workout, by the way!

Well, I am still trying to find something I can wear. I may have to buy something, and that can't happen until payday. Ok, enough of me tonight.

XOXO Off to chocolate milk land I go. :wink:
  • adopt4
    Hey Kristi I took your advice (which probably came from me to start with, LOL) and put all my weight loss on my ticker... including my entire goal, and my highest weight from when I first started WW a few years ago. So it means more lost - but more to lose as well.

I am (ow) a bit (ow) sore tonight (ow ow) after my (ow) workout.

I redid my goals, and realized that Max Muscle calories were for me to lose 1 pound a week, I want 2 pounds (and at my weight, that's still a reasonable goal). So I changed my MFP goals again back to 2 pounds per week, giving me a daily deficit of 1000. But, in my head, I am giving myself permission to eat 1600 cals on days I don't work out, because 1300 I just can't do. It's still a deficit, just not as much. And today, on a workout day, I ate 1600 cals and can't imagine getting any more into my body, so it seems a reasonable number.

Which brings me to a quandry, which I will test this theory out and let you know how it goes. On days I don't exercise, I'm always hungry, and can't keep within cals very easy. So on those days I"m giving myself permission to eat a few hundred extra without guilt and I should be able to do that (giving myself the 1 pound a week cals deficit).

But on days I exercise, I feel like I eat and eat and eat and have a hard time eating all my cals (losingit is so gonna laugh at this, because we had this conversation about her in the past and I couldn't believe you can't eat all or most of your exercise cals!).

But aren't we supposed to start listening to our bodies? If it says it's full, shouldn't you stop eating? So I am going to test this, not force feed myself just to get some cals in, maybe I'll be able to up them with higher fat things or whatnot, like REAL mayo instead of that non fat crap, but see how I feel if I just eat every 2-3 hours as usual, but not try to stuff the last several hundred cals into my face at night just to break even.

I do - totally - understand the "eat your exercise calories" concept. But I also know that shoving my face full of food when I wasn't hungry was what got me here in the first place!

If I feel weak/tired/lethargic/cold/sleepy then I will know I didn't give my body enough fuel, and will have to make my meals bigger or eat more snacks or something. Already been there once before I got the HRM, so I know it feels when you're body is starving. But I'm curious, do I need to eat them all at this point (given the amount of weight i have to lose).... it's a good time to test this theory because I'm getting my body fat tested 2x/wk for the month of May... so I'll see if I"m losing fat or not!!!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Morning Team! Did I tell you all that I will be flying out of town this weekend? I leave Thursday and return Sunday night. Not sure if I will have computer access or not. I am heading to Maine for my sisters graduation from Grad School. Hopefully I'll be able to use her computer to check in. I will not be here to weigh in Friday am...debating whether i should do it Thursday or just wait till next week?!?!?
    Any advice on the whole eating without MFP...I'm nervous about how that is going to work! :ohwell:
    Today is looking like it will be nice out so I am hoping to get to the gym for centergy and walk my dog if the weather holds out.
    Happy Tuesday!
    Jamie :flowerforyou:

safe trip Jamie, see you when I get back cuz I will be leaving on Saturday!!! finally its here its really close...vacation tme... have a great time with your sister... and tell her congrates for me...
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Good morning, everyone...

adopt4...What you're saying about eating your exercise calories sounds right to me. I believe that we train our minds first, and then the body follows. So if you're not hungry enough to eat all of your exercise calories, why go through the motions? Maybe your body is adapting to a new metabolism?

For me, time on my hands is a deal-breaker. If I don't have a lot to do, I naturally seem to go foraging for food. And once I start to eat, I want to keep eating. (And maybe that also explains why we want to go over our calorie limit on the days we don't exercise.) If I eat a big lunch, I feel like I'm starving for the rest of the day, but if I eat a small lunch (which is what my body seems to want), then I have no problem staying within my calorie limits.
    (So no more lunches out for awhile...)

adopt4...Was it you that mentioned fat-free mayonnaise? I only use Hellmann's...and I absolutely can't tell the difference between the regular and the lite. Come to think of it, most food products in my home are Lite now...and I must be adapting, because they don't taste Lite anymore.

And now...a question. Does anyone know anything about LOW blood pressure? During my check-up yesterday, the nurse was very surprised at how low mine was. 60-something...(Way low...but not quite dead.) Anyway, I was reading about it last night online, and kind of scary. Athletes can have low blood pressure and it's okay. But sometimes low blood pressure is indicative of something else...
    But then again, researching anything on the Internet can be scary. Because someone always has a doomsday theory, it seems...

Talk to you later...
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Morning Team

Its 8 am.. and I am up moving watched american Idol and biggest loser last night... boy did they look Great...

Well I am going to tan for 7 minutes then I am going to the gym to do my water areobics, elliptical and some weights!!! someone gave me this sweat band you put around you waist and it makes you sweat more.. and its supose to help burn more calories?? who knows I have never used one but I guess it is worth a try... anything to get rid of the love handles!!!! lol

I can add to the drama lol I dont have very many friends either really only my sisters and two of my cousins that I really hang out with and you all know how I feel about my one sister!!! and the reason I dont have very many friends is because when I was married to my ex-husband he cheated on my with my best friend and he sleep with my cousin on my fathers side.. well I ended up beating her bumm and Put a ppo against her so she couldnt go to any family functions if I was there... so I was hurt more then once... I got my divorce and havent seen him since... I never got child suport from him cuz I didnt want to see him and he never saw the kids.. I know that seems mean but He was very abusive to me and I didnt want the kids to go though that.... and they are older now and understand.. They feel as if my husband now is their dad even though he has only been in their life for 9 year they love him... and its weird but I never had a trust issue with him.. He was a size 30 waist when we meet and I was a size 24.. his family are all wonderful all 10 brothers and sisters and his mom an dad.. he is very suportive with me going to the gym and my weight loss.. he always tells me how poud of me he is and how much he loves me.. and he tells me that I dont have to lose weight he loves me the way I am and he will still love me when I lose.. Its not that I dont trust him its I just have a hard time lettig people into my heart beacuse when I did the last time.. I was the one hurting.. Although I have a great husband now we will be married 9 yrs Next Wed the 20th of May he cooks he cleans he does laundry he was there for me when I was my sickest he takes care of my when I am sick.. he will hold my hair back when I am throwing up and wipe my face with a cold rag when I am done... I love him with all my heart... anyway enough of my drama LOL

Cant wait for vacation 2 more days!!! well Adot4 keep up that awsome workout.. your doing great.. Li4g I am going to try making that bread when I get back!! Jamie have a great weekend with you sister and safe travel for you.. LuLu good luck getting all that stuff ready... I love going to art shows and craft shows... kristi.. you better keep up your good work.. and dont let me get lulus slipper!! and come get you!!!

well off to start my day talk to you all later..

Sheila
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Hi Team,

Jamie - have a wonderful to your sister's graduation.

Sheila - boy time is getting near - girl I can't wait

Renayeb - way to go girl - Congratulations on the weight loss and winning.

LI4G - TOM struck here too - wow three of us on same day. Recipe on the bread sounds real good. Definitely will be trying it soon.

healthymom - nice to read your post. feel better when exercise too.

Adopt4 - thanks for posting info - very interesting and informative.

Hi to all you others. Work is becoming a big bear. I was going to post last night but DS and DDIL came by to leave a rhubarb pie for me to take to my dad today. And I have no problems with this delicious pie being in my refrigerator. They marveled at my weight loss and let me brag and was really interested. So last night - no posting - no exercising but that is all right I stay within my calories. So I am totally happy

Take care all - off to log food and do my exercising.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    goodmorning
    did not get to work out last night got home late . so this morning did quick 100 pushups 20 hanging knee lifts :)
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Good Morning everyone..

Today is usually my day off but I am going to the office and will get Friday off.. I will take that 3 day weekend.. :happy:

I am going to exercise this morning but only do weights... Just wanted to post and say hi to everyone..

anita
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Thanks for the support TEAM
    This is why I am here. You guys are great. I lost another full lb when I got on the scale this morning. I think it was because my husband wouldn't let me get some ice cream last night or the hottub swishing that lb off my body. What ever it was it feels great. You know I haven't been exercising or eating the "right things" I just cut my portions down and drink more water. I hate water. :grumble:
    Yep, the rest of the Weightloss group have to put money in. We are down to 5 people now but the money other people put in to start is non refundable so if I win I will get some of it. I feel like walking outside today but it is such an ugly day. My soaps come on in about 50 min so I can finish my laudry then treadmill while the soaps are on. I gotta make room for ice cream :laugh: I hope all of you have a fantastic day.
    I know someone in here is wondering what soaps so here they are:
    Channel 3 CBS
    YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
    BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
    AS THE WORLD TURNS

We need to start a soap club man.:laugh:
  • adopt4
    And now...a question. Does anyone know anything about LOW blood pressure? During my check-up yesterday, the nurse was very surprised at how low mine was. 60-something...(Way low...but not quite dead.) Anyway, I was reading about it last night online, and kind of scary. Athletes can have low blood pressure and it's okay. But sometimes low blood pressure is indicative of something else...
    But then again, researching anything on the Internet can be scary. Because someone always has a doomsday theory, it seems...

Thanks for the advice.

And about low blood pressure - if it was seriously low, wouldn't she have reacted right then to do something, put you on meds, have it tested, whatever?

I'm not a doctor but I've seen them on tv and so I say... if you have low blood pressure, you FEEL it. You get dizzy, might pass out, etc. My father in law was on meds for it, he would literally pass out. My dad's blood pressure dropped last year and he passed out cold too. So if it's that low, and you have any feelings of you're going to faint or there's spots in front of your eyes - call 911. Seriously.

If your doctor didn't schedule a follow up, then schedule one yourself, have it re-tested.

Oh, and if she used one of those cuff machines, those can be so unreliable. My doctor's offices uses them and they always have my blood pressure way, WAY high and she's shoving pills down my throat (but since my blood pressure has always been on the low side, I was suspect) and so I had them retest it manually - it was perfect. Every time.
  • adopt4
    goodmorning
    did not get to work out last night got home late . so this morning did quick 100 pushups 20 hanging knee lifts :)

So Mr. Exercise King, I have a question for you. I would like to do push ups, even girly ones, but I can't yet. I tried the wall-aways and they are too easy, I don't feel like I'm doing anything (maybe I'm doing them wrong?) Anyway I was wondering if just working on my upper body strength at the gym would then translate into me being able to do push ups?

I've seen people do the hanging knee lifts at the gym, looks kind of fun... but again does it rely on the upper strength in the way pushups do?

I'm pretty strong but for some reason can't easily push up my own body weight....
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Hello Everyone! Hope you missed me :tongue: I had a fantastic weeken away, it was just what I needed!!

Hope you're all doing well, looking forward to a better week(exercise wise!)
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Good Morning Team! Did I tell you all that I will be flying out of town this weekend? I leave Thursday and return Sunday night. Not sure if I will have computer access or not. I am heading to Maine for my sisters graduation from Grad School. Hopefully I'll be able to use her computer to check in. I will not be here to weigh in Friday am...debating whether i should do it Thursday or just wait till next week?!?!?
    Any advice on the whole eating without MFP...I'm nervous about how that is going to work! :ohwell:
    Today is looking like it will be nice out so I am hoping to get to the gym for centergy and walk my dog if the weather holds out.
    Happy Tuesday!
    Jamie :flowerforyou:

safe trip Jamie, see you when I get back cuz I will be leaving on Saturday!!! finally its here its really close...vacation tme... have a great time with your sister... and tell her congrates for me...

Thank you Sheila! I hope you have a great trip as well! Can't wait to see the pictures! Enjoy yourself! when do you get back?
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    goodmorning

So Mr. Exercise King, I have a question for you. I would like to do push ups, even girly ones, but I can't yet. I tried the wall-aways and they are too easy, I don't feel like I'm doing anything (maybe I'm doing them wrong?) Anyway I was wondering if just working on my upper body strength at the gym would then translate into me being able to do push ups?

I've seen people do the hanging knee lifts at the gym, looks kind of fun... but again does it rely on the upper strength in the way pushups do?

I'm pretty strong but for some reason can't easily push up my own body weight....

So, I am clearly not Erin!! I am more like the Whine about exercise queen. However, If the wall aways are too easy, move your feet back from the wall. Also, you may want to do them in a sort of beginning horizontal position by using the edge of a counter top of a piece of furniture that will support you (ie, prolly not the couch). I respond because I am betting these tricks are well under the class Erin is used to!

I, too have a question for you Erin. How are people treating you differently than they did before? Especially at work. I am just wondering. I notice two things, people respond more positively to me, and part of that is the second thing, which is I am much more confident and outgoing. Just curious.

Well, team - I had the Dryer repair guy here again this morning. And now, off to work. I hope to check in later with more info.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Exercise King.. I love it..

I did weights and then abs this morning.. 26 mins and my arms were burning and then 100 crunches.. Can't remember how many calories I burned.. I think 201.. I am going to take a walk tonight on the good ole treadmill for 30 mins when I get home from da job...

I think Exercise King needs to give us all some pointers for those abs he's got "hubba Hubba" : )...:blushing: :blushing:

Kristi I miss chatta with ya lady..

LI4G --- Hi..

Jamie -- Have fun

D - Hello

Adopt4 - I am still driving around with that box of traveling pants in my car.. I gotta get to the post office.. I haven't had a lunch break all week so maybe Friday they will actually get on a plane or train.. and they are really traveling..

Sheila -- nanners nanners nanners - my tanning bed is up and running.. i can now tan at home..... Kidding.. if you lived close I'd let you tan for free just for teasing you...

Everyone else.. Have a fantablous day....
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Hi!!

Sorry I hadnt checked in before now. I went wogging yesterday around the neighborhood in the AM. It was totally awesome and the time flew by way faster than doing it at the gym. I didnt have a chance to stretch yesterday before or immediately after, but i managed to get a good 30 minutes of stretching in last night along with doing the ab work and some push-ups. Even got the kids doing it with me and my oldest showed me some ab exercises that her track and cross country coach makes them do.

Went to bed early last night after watching American Idol. Read my book for about 30 minutes then I was out cold by 10:30ish. Woke up this morning with horrible, horrible back and stomach PMS cramps. So much so I was doubled over in the kitchen this morning. I managed to get some coffee and sit down for a while, had some cereal and adopt4 called me. I had the little ones arriving in like 15 minutes so there was no way I could go to the gym today even if I didnt feel like crap. Told her once I felt a little better I was gonna take the kids for a walk to the park, so she loaded up her boys and brought them over so we could all go together! That was nice!! We took the long walk to the park and then let the kids play while we sat with the baby and did some stretching. The kids had a blast, we got in a little walk and some stretches and then came back here for lunch. Will definitely be doing that again! The little girl I watch is wore out!! :laugh:

Been sitting on my butt since they went home. Im wayyyyyyy too sore to do much of anything else. Took some motrin and parked it with my heating pad. I havent had it this bad for months. Not since I started MFP, but it should only stick around a day or so. I know its not the ab work from last night because that usually doesnt start to effect me until a good 24 hours later, plus...its all in my lower back which is usually the first place I feel it when its related to that. :grumble: Im hoping tomorrow I feel better and can make it to the gym for a good workout, especially since I have no little ones here for the rest of the week. This has been a messed up week for me as well in terms of exercise. Ive managed to fit little things in here and there, but not really get a full hour at the gym since last week. :angry:

Eating hasnt been an issue at all. Even my salt level seems to be dropping a bit from what it was. Instead of being a 1000mg of sodium over a day, Im now closer to 300mg over a day, which is much better! Im pretty sure this is why I didnt get all bloated last week, which is what usually happens the week before.

Im off to drink my water and get in some rest time on the couch. "ohhhhhhh my ovaries" :sad: