Bring your crockpot/slow cooker recipes

Replies

• Bump These look great.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I have a pork shoulder roast in the crockpot right now. I add the roast with a cup of water, a half cup of wine, and a half cup of tomato sauce and cooked on low for 8 hours, then I poured off the broth, added bbq sauce for pulled pork sandwiches.
    Roast is really easy too, I like it with water and a packet of dry onion soup, any vegetables you want.
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    I made the best turkey breast in the crock pot today. Very simple recipe. You can find it here: Crockpot365.blogspot.com is a great website for recipes.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/11/crockpot-turkey-breast-recipe.html&h=EAQFRy_L7AQEbS_UMpY0GFaDcYc6TWov7BbT8i6J5i-15gA
  • Have you tried a salsa chicken recipe? just 2 jars of newmans own mango salsa, a can of corn, can of black beans, 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts and one onion chopped. cook until you can shred the chicken.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I have a pork shoulder in the crock pot right. I got a big one and last week I put half of it in the crockpot with a cup of water, 1/2 cup red, 1/2 vinegar, tomato sauce and cooked on low for 8 hours, took the pork out, shredded it and added bbq sauce for pulled pork sandwiches. Now it is in the crock pot with water, wine, salt and pepper, potatoes, carrots and onions for some pork roast.
    I like to make an easy beef roast with veggies, water and a packet of dry onion soup mix, the leftovers make a great stew, too.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    bump for later..........
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    crock pot apple dessert.......

6 apples peeled and sliced
    2/3 cup oatmeal uncooked
    2/3 cup sugar
    1/3 cup flour
    1 tsp cinnaon
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 tsp ginger
    1/3 cup butter

mix oatmeal, surgar,flour,and spices in small bowl. stir melted butter in to mixture until it is crumbly.

spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. put about half of sliced apples in bottom of crockpot and spoon half the oatmeal mixture on top. cover with rest of apples and top with left over crumbly mixture. cook on hi about 2.5 hours serve warm.......

enjoy
    thanks!
  • KlassyKassi
    KlassyKassi Posts: 58 Member
    bump
  • agadoogirl
    agadoogirl Posts: 36 Member
    Bump
  • Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    :heart:
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    If you do Facebook at all, look up Skinny Crock Pot. They have tons of GREAT recipes! I just made these two this week:

Irish Lamb Stew

Ingredients

2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
    1 3/4 pounds white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
    3 large leeks, white part only, halved, washed (see Tip) and thinly sliced
    3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
    3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
    1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped

Preparation

Combine lamb, potatoes, leeks, carrots, celery, broth, thyme, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low until the lamb is fork-tender, about 8 hours. Stir in parsley before serving.
    (It's Delicious!! And the meat turns out SO tender!)

Balsamic Chicken

Ingredients:
    4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
    2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
    1 onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
    4 garlic cloves
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    2 tblsp olive oil
    1 tsp each: dried oregano,basil, and rosemary
    1/2 tsp thyme
    ground black pepper and salt to taste

Preparation:

Pour the olive oil on bottom of crock pot
    place in chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast
    put sliced onion on top of chicken
    then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves
    pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes

Cook on high 4 hours, serve over angel hair pasta.

(this can also be slow-cooked over 8 hours. I added a bit more balsamic than called for, plus some fresh spinach under the onions and tomatoes, and it was wonderful!)

Enjoy!

Can the Balsamic Chicken one - be made with less olive oil? I guess a spray wouldn't do the trick - huh?
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    :flowerforyou:
  • GiniN
    GiniN Posts: 39 Member
    Not an expert, but I suspect the olive oil helps enrich the "sauce" that develops. It is not a large amount, especially if you consider that it covers 6 servings. A small amount of oil can really improve flavor and texture.
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Not an expert, but I suspect the olive oil helps enrich the "sauce" that develops. It is not a large amount, especially if you consider that it covers 6 servings. A small amount of oil can really improve flavor and texture.

Good point... Thanks!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    bump, I will be investing in a slow cooker in the very near future!
  • BURP- oops I mean BUMP :laugh:

Bump for later... I'll be watching! :drinker:
  • Salsa Chicken

4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1 can Campbell Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom soup
    1 Jar of Salsa

Slow cook all day

It's very healthy, low in fat , carbs and calories most of all it's addicting! Give it a try you will love it!
  • Lots of great ideas! I'll post some of my own when I have a little more time :)
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    bump
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Mexican crockpot chicken: 16 oz chicken breast, 1 can red fat bushes black beans, 16 oz jar of tostios salsa spice to your taste, 1 small can gg corn nibblets, 1/2 bunch fresh cilanto. Throw it all in on low for 3-4 hours then take out chicken and shred. Lastly 3/4 bar of red fat cream cheese added in to melt. Yum yum