Exercise Time

apaden4
apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
Just wondering...

Does it matter what time of day you exercise? Like, am I more likely to lose more weight if I work out in the morning? or the evening? Or does it not matter, just as long as you work out?

Any thoughts, even if it's just from experience is appreciated!
Thanks =)

Replies

• apaden4
    Just wondering...

Does it matter what time of day you exercise? Like, am I more likely to lose more weight if I work out in the morning? or the evening? Or does it not matter, just as long as you work out?

Any thoughts, even if it's just from experience is appreciated!
    Thanks =)
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    That's a personal decision so what ever works best for you but I did find an article and here is the link:

http://walking.about.com/od/fitness/a/besttimeex.htm
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I've done both. When I first started working out, I had to do it first thing, because I didn't like to do it.

I now work out in the late afternoon, because I realized that was when I was most likely to overeat.

I didn't notice any difference in my weight loss progress depending on what time I worked out.

I think the main thing is to schedule the workout in advance, thereby committing to doing it. If I say "I'll work out when I have time" I don't. Now that I schedule the workout (in my calendar, like everything else I do) then the time for it becomes sacred.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    its when you have your best workout. if morning is great for you then do it then. if you find working out at night , you don't have enough time to come down from your exercise high and it keeps you awake, then don't workout at night. i prefer mornings because i could get my workout in when my kids were home before they got up. there was never enough time in the evening. since they are grown i have worked out at night but i feel more sluggish then.
  • JKArts
    JKArts Posts: 10
    I have heard that the best time for cardio is in the morning (to kickstart metabolism?) and the best time for weights is evening (you will still be burning off calories while you sleep due to the muscle repair).....BUT there just seems to be so much conflicting information out there on diet and exercise it is just CRAZY!!! I say, do what you enjoy most, and what works for you :-)
  • apaden4
    Thanks for all your input! and thanks for the link Healthier_Me - I think it answered my question =)
This discussion has been closed.