"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Tuesday (finally getting my butt back to regular workouts). I'm changing up my routine some. Will be doing strength training 4 times a week...2 days of upper body, 2 of lower body. 2 days of cardio to round out the week.

Upper body strength training today: bicep curls, shoulder lateral raises, reverse flys, pushups, spiderman pushups (only managed 3 of those!), plank (2), side planks, scissor kicks, leg raises, tricep dips, overhead tricep extensions.

Food: on target.

Assessment: getting back to the routine and some new goals. Looking for significant fitness improvement this upcoming year.
    Always good to keep setting new goals!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Just one client today. After that some last minute cleaning up and shopping.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:cack- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 8x8 method.

Assessment: I've been pretty steady. No real losses, but no gain either.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Just a couple of clients today. Shopping is all done and there's just a couple of presents left to wrap. House is done and now all we have to do is wait for my BIL and SIL to arrive tomorrow and party!!!

Cardio:jog/walk- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 8x8 method

Assessment: Even though I had a Burrito Supreme yesterday, weight went down.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Big calorie deficit today. Ran out of time to eat much, but what I did manage was super healthy and low-cal.

Gym Workout Total Burn - 467 calories

CARDIO:

Treadmill - 5.0 and 6.0 intervals - 20 minutes - 227 calories
    Stationary Bike - 17 minutes - 117 calories

STRENGTH TRAINING - 35 minutes - 123 calories

Standing Tricep Extension - 3x10x30
    Seated Cable Row - 3x10x45
    Oblique Abdominal Crunch - 4x40
    Abdominal Crunches - 4x40
    Leg Press - 3x10x130
    Toe Press - 3x10x40
    Seated Lateral Pull - 6x10x60
    Standing Calf Raise - 3x20x60

Food: Only 993 calories for today. Not intentional, just the way it fell. I had ham, veggies, low-cal cottage cheese, a smart ones frozen meal and a shrimp and bacon salad....so nothing I ate carried any weight to it. But I'm not left hungry or anything, and I'm actually glad for it today.

ASSESSMENT: I needed to feel that control again. The stress of impending holiday eating, whether I'm doing any of it or not, is overwhelming me. The need to control something that's hard to control...people all around me and the need to enjoy a holiday...I don't do well with my ED anxiety over it. *shrugs* Happy Holidays, I suppose. I'm attempting to reach 154 lbs. by christmas eve. My weigh in Saturday morning is stressful enough....hoping I did enough in 16 days to lose 3 lbs! No point in pushing yourself if you don't believe you can do it.
  • ninerbuff
    Big calorie deficit today. Ran out of time to eat much, but what I did manage was super healthy and low-cal.

Gym Workout Total Burn - 467 calories

CARDIO:

Treadmill - 5.0 and 6.0 intervals - 20 minutes - 227 calories
    Stationary Bike - 17 minutes - 117 calories

STRENGTH TRAINING - 35 minutes - 123 calories

Standing Tricep Extension - 3x10x30
    Seated Cable Row - 3x10x45
    Oblique Abdominal Crunch - 4x40
    Abdominal Crunches - 4x40
    Leg Press - 3x10x130
    Toe Press - 3x10x40
    Seated Lateral Pull - 6x10x60
    Standing Calf Raise - 3x20x60

Food: Only 993 calories for today. Not intentional, just the way it fell. I had ham, veggies, low-cal cottage cheese, a smart ones frozen meal and a shrimp and bacon salad....so nothing I ate carried any weight to it. But I'm not left hungry or anything, and I'm actually glad for it today.

ASSESSMENT: I needed to feel that control again. The stress of impending holiday eating, whether I'm doing any of it or not, is overwhelming me. The need to control something that's hard to control...people all around me and the need to enjoy a holiday...I don't do well with my ED anxiety over it. *shrugs* Happy Holidays, I suppose. I'm attempting to reach 154 lbs. by christmas eve. My weigh in Saturday morning is stressful enough....hoping I did enough in 16 days to lose 3 lbs! No point in pushing yourself if you don't believe you can do it.
    Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas! Keep strong and do what's right to reach your goal!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 2 more days before Christmas! My BIL and SIL are coming to stay with us for a week and a half and I'm marinating short ribs for our party today. Looking to having a great time this weekend! I will be working out little extra to make sure that I can eat a little more!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (500 calories)

Strength:biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 8x8 method

Assessment:I had a Taco bell triple stack yesterday and still lost a pound! But I didn't really like it much.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Merry Christmas!!!! I hope you all have a great one! I have kickboxing class and then it's off to my mom's for Christmas Eve party! Enjoy, but stay within calorie limits!

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: I've been eating junk all week, but not gained any weight!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Merry Christmas, everyone! Got one cardio workout in this morning. Won't be tracking calories, but doubt I'll overindulge too much, anyway.

Sunday, Cardio: EA Active Custom Cardio Mix program (jog/sprint in place, foot fires, jump ropes) for 30 minutes. 277 calories burned.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! What a great Christmas! First off going into tonight, I've already demolished my opponent in the finals of FFL and still have 2 more players tonight! Then family came over and we had a great great Christmas party! Can't wait till New Year's now!

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 8x8 method

Assessment: I'm up, but who cares!! I'll have it all off by the first week of the year!
  • brandiuntz
    Monday: Strength training. Upper body only.

Shoulders: reverse flys 3x10x15lb, lateral raises 3x7x15lb, front lateral raises 3x10x10lb

Pushups 3 x10, Spiderman pushups 1x5

Triceps: 3x10 dips, 1 x 10 x 15lb row, 3x6x15lb skullcrushers

Abs/back: 3x20 leg raises, 3x20 scissor kicks, 3 x30sec planks, 5x15sec supermans, 1x30sec side plank (per side), 1x30sec superman.

Biceps: 3x10x15lb curls, 3x10x15lb hammer curls.

Food: on target. holiday overindulge is officially over, time to focus on my diet again.

Assessment: good to focus on upper body and start on these new goals.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! Helping my FIL paint and redo some of the rooms of his home.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 8x8 method

Assessment:I didn't eat too well yesterday! Leftovers!
  • brandiuntz
    Tuesday: Strength training, lower body 30 minutes total

Squats: 3x20.

Squats with calf raises: 3x10.

Forward lunges: 3x10.

Glute Kickbacks: 3x10.

Glute Flutter Kicks: 3x10.

One-legged Hip Bridges: 3x8.

Split Squats: 3x10.

Calf raises: 3x15.

Assessment: good day.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    UPDATE:

Reached my "mini-goal" of losing 3 pounds in 16 days [by christmas]. Weighed myself 12/23 at officially 154.5. A total loss of 21 pounds in 99 days, or 84 percent weight loss from original goal. Actually felt disappointed over not losing that last half pound to 154.

Food: Overindulged at Christmas. Havve hung around 2,000 calories both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Probably overestimated a lot. Disappointed.

MONDAY:

12-hour work day. Logged the extra four hours of retail work on a sale day as walking, 2.0 mph, for 240 minutes. MFP says its a 710 calorie burn. Calories was up around 2,000, but still "under" after calorie burn allottment. Still felt bad about eating chocolates.

TUESDAY:

12-hour work day. Same as Monday.

ASSESSMENT: Eating much more then normal for the energy during extra work hours. Not a lot of sleep. Also am dealing with monthly cycle. Not feeling great over any of it. Can't wait to get back to the gym next week. No weigh ins until next week.

Keep a tumblr blog about all of this if you ever have a chance to read. Follow link: http://dreambig-gohome.tumblr.com/
  • ninerbuff
    UPDATE:

Reached my "mini-goal" of losing 3 pounds in 16 days [by christmas]. Weighed myself 12/23 at officially 154.5. A total loss of 21 pounds in 99 days, or 84 percent weight loss from original goal. Actually felt disappointed over not losing that last half pound to 154.

Food: Overindulged at Christmas. Havve hung around 2,000 calories both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Probably overestimated a lot. Disappointed.

MONDAY:

12-hour work day. Logged the extra four hours of retail work on a sale day as walking, 2.0 mph, for 240 minutes. MFP says its a 710 calorie burn. Calories was up around 2,000, but still "under" after calorie burn allottment. Still felt bad about eating chocolates.

TUESDAY:

12-hour work day. Same as Monday.

ASSESSMENT: Eating much more then normal for the energy during extra work hours. Not a lot of sleep. Also am dealing with monthly cycle. Not feeling great over any of it. Can't wait to get back to the gym next week. No weigh ins until next week.

Keep a tumblr blog about all of this if you ever have a chance to read. Follow link: http://dreambig-gohome.tumblr.com/
    Congrats on the mini goal. Now onto next years goals!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Back to my FIL's to finish painting so that his house is ready for New Year's party. I work today but only for a few hours.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:cack- pullups, t-bar rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pressdowns. 8x8 method.

Assessment: Well let's just say that my eating isn't the best.
  • brandiuntz
    Wednesday: Strength training, upper body

Shoulders: reverse flys 3x10x15lb, lateral raises 3x7x15lb, front lateral raises 3x10x10lb

Abs/back: 3x20 leg raises, 3x20 scissor kicks, 3 x30sec planks, 5x15sec supermans, 1x30sec side plank (per side), 1x30sec superman.

• c0rinth517
    c0rinth517 Posts: 13 Member
    Had a huge hernia surgery 8 weeks ago.....I'm walking on tread mill 15 min. a day. I would like to do different exercises but not sure what would be safe ....Any ideas?
  • ninerbuff
    Tuesday (finally getting my butt back to regular workouts). I'm changing up my routine some. Will be doing strength training 4 times a week...2 days of upper body, 2 of lower body. 2 days of cardio to round out the week.

Upper body strength training today: bicep curls, shoulder lateral raises, reverse flys, pushups, spiderman pushups (only managed 3 of those!), plank (2), side planks, scissor kicks, leg raises, tricep dips, overhead tricep extensions.

Assessment: getting back to the routine and some new goals. Looking for significant fitness improvement this upcoming year.
    Back on track! Good setup for your workouts.
  • ninerbuff
    Wednesday: Strength training, upper body

Oh yeah! Like them Spiderman pushups!
  • ninerbuff
    Had a huge hernia surgery 8 weeks ago.....I'm walking on tread mill 15 min. a day. I would like to do different exercises but not sure what would be safe ....Any ideas?
    Get clearance from your doc first. Last thing you want to do is reaggrivate it.