How many times a day

I was wondering, how many times a day does everyone work out for to lose weight or what is the recommended time for someone to work out for in a day? Thank you :D

Replies

• emmiexjay
    emmiexjay Posts: 145 Member
    what ever works for you.. they say the average person should exercise for 20 mins each day a week.. but i sometimes do less or more as long as i burn some cals and stay under my calorie intake i don't really mind (:
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    We try for 30+ minutes high effort for 3 to 5 days per week.
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    I go to a persoanl trainer twice a week (hour session), and the other four days I try to get on the bike for 30 minutes a day... Sometimes if work doesn't allow it, I try and do something small, like walk up the stairs all day instead of taking the elevator.
  • MattArcade
    MattArcade Posts: 135 Member
    Just once a day, started 3 times a week then bumped it up to 5 times a week once my recovery times shortened. I do 1 hour cardio and prob 1 hour 30 mins for weights. Do what you feel capable of doing start off maybe doing 20 mins and build up from there. Everyone is different with different lifestyles :)
  • inufan4evar
    inufan4evar Posts: 73 Member
    Ohhh ok that sounds nice :) Is it bad to workout more than two times a day, can that damage your muscles?
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    im startng a new year going to workout over and hour a day but sundays off lol..happy new years.
  • I work out 3 times a day for 10-20 minutes each time... or thats what i try to do!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    depends on the day for me.

on a work day, i generally do 20 minutes in the morning and then 20 to 30 after work.

on weekends, i do three 20s, or maybe two 20s and a 30 minute. mostly exercise bike when it's too cold to walk.
  • inufan4evar
    That sounds like a good recommended time :) and Happy New Years to you too :D
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    When I started it was alot less but as I lost weight and got stronger my exercise has increased. I do splits during the week (early morning and them evening) and once on Sat or Sun taking one of those days off most weeks. I Do Aquatic therapy, Cardio and Strength training ......
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    I was working out 3x a day 4-5 days a week (each workout for 45-60 min) but an injury prevents that now. So, I try to get at least 60 minutes 5 days a week which consists of strictly cardio (walking) and abs.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    you can't out train a bad diet. eat properly, and you will see the weight come off without exercise.

that being said, i only work out once a day, usually for no less then 30 minutes, and no more then 90. because of work i'll go periods without working out at all. i haven't worked out since Dec 27th, and probably won't get a chance until this friday, jan 6th. my weight has no gone up in this last week.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    I do 50 minutes of cardio every other day and weight/strength training 2 days leaving 1 day for rest between after I've done 6 days, it's a rolling week but works well for me. :flowerforyou:

Sláinte!
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    I do 3-hrs a day in 2-sessions.. 1.5 hr in the morning, and 1.5 hr in the evening....There`s times when im too tired to do it for that long, and have a( three) 1-hr sessions..
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    I shoot for 30-45 minutes in the morning 5-6 days a week. But if the weather is nice and I am not exhuaseted I will do a short leisurely walk in the evening too.
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    i work out everyday for 2 hours onces a day !! 5days a week :) and im doiing really good lossing weight :happy:
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Generally I take 2 gym classes on the same day, either back to back or lunchtime and then after work.
  • inufan4evar
    Well good for you anna80??? HAHA but that's awesome!! :D
  • avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    I do 35-45 min. of cardio a day. (7 days a week)
    I also do strength training 7 days a week. about 25 min. per day.
    As of yesterday, I have lost a total of 20lbs. in 3 months.

Oh, & I also agree with engineman312. Dieting is the most important thing when losing weight.
    I'd say losing weight is approx. 80% food and 20% exercise.

Good luck! :D
  • sherbear2678
    sherbear2678 Posts: 60 Member
    work out different muscles if you do more than one workout with weights... definitely 30 mins of cardio a day and more if I have the time/motivation!