Spaghetti Help

Ok, so when it says two ounces is it meaning in weight or ounces converted to cups?

Replies

• kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Ok, so when it says two ounces is it meaning in weight or ounces converted to cups?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    I could be wrong, but I think two dry ounces is equiv to 1/2 cup cooked and that's normally a serving....which in my opinion stinks! lol

hope that helps!
    Ali
  • conniestar
    conniestar Posts: 22 Member
    For spaghetti, that would be 2 ounces dry - it makes about 1 cup when cooked. Check out this website for other types of pasta...

http://www.barillaus.com/Home/Pages/Measuring_Pasta.aspx
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    I use green beans as my spaghetti. sounds weird, but it surprisingly good!....and a whole lot less calories
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Green beans or steamed spinach and broccoli instead of pasta. Add spagetti sauce on top and it is very yummy. Lot less calories.
  • markfloyd
    markfloyd Posts: 69
    Green Beans as Spaghetti!! That's the most interesting thing I've heard lately!!
  • They have measuring things at places like walmart. They have about 3 different size holes in them. And the smallest hole is a single serving of spagetti
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    My Father in Law makes the best spaghetti! He zucchini, yellow squash, extra onion, extra tomato, eggplant and sometimes carrots in it. More veggies and less pasta= healthier?
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Thank you all so much, because I was freaking out :noway: when 800 calories popped up for one cup of spaghetti. I appreciate ya'lls help!:wink: