Diet coke alternative?

I am really trying to cut out all artificial sweeteners as I've heard they end up making you hungrier. Can anyone recommend something to drink that is fizzy yet not a lot of calories? I am missing my diet coke with lunch. I don't like just regular seltzer water. I need some create ideas that are low cal and no artificial sweeteners. Thanks!

Replies

• Mtscruffy
    Mtscruffy Posts: 28
    I am really trying to cut out all artificial sweeteners as I've heard they end up making you hungrier. Can anyone recommend something to drink that is fizzy yet not a lot of calories? I am missing my diet coke with lunch. I don't like just regular seltzer water. I need some create ideas that are low cal and no artificial sweeteners. Thanks!
  • markfloyd
    markfloyd Posts: 69
    Water may be your only alternative!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Go out and buy sparkling water and add a slice of lime or lemon to it. Perrier, San Pelligrino, even just club soda or diet tonic will be in the ball park of what you're looking for.

Bob
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    I drink regular club soda (no calories) and sometimes I add a little juice like cran-grape or something like that. I also will squeeze some lemon or lime. I haven't had a soda since January 1st. After the first two weeks I don't even miss it. If i were to have a soda I would have a regular one and not a diet because I have heard bad things about artificial sweeteners.
  • Mtscruffy
    Thanks everyone! I will try those ideas. Hopefully, in time, I will not miss it!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    hey i have a question to add on to this question..... Has anyone ever seen a difference in weight loss when they stopped drinking diet pop?
  • Mtscruffy
    Well - my friend said she stopped using artificial sweeteners and its helped cut down her appetite tremendously. I'm not sure if she lost weight from it - but that was encouraging.
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    hmmmmmm maybe ill stop drinking diet pop with you..... that will be hard though lol
  • I am addicted to Diet Coke! It replaces cake, cookies, and any other fattening pleasure I've had to do away with. : ) I used to have 4 a day, and I'm down to one. I'll let you know if it helps me lose weight.
  • stewarta
    stewarta Posts: 5 Member
    Nope, not a pound when I have stopped diet drinks, nor have I felt less hungry!!! Their theory about diet soda's tricking your body to overreacting to burning calories that are not there seems odd. So the argument would be, "always eat calories when you drink diet soda and then the body would be reacting to calories" That's my thinking.
  • blink14
    blink14 Posts: 57 Member
    I also drink seltzer with fruit juice in it. I also used to drink alot of soda, so I've got myself down to 1 a day or every other day. I also try to only drink soda or calorie filled drinks when I go out to eat.
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    I am down 12 lbs. since January, I don't know not drinking soda had anything to do with it. It is probably a combination of that and eating healthier, counting calories and exercising.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    I found an organic water at target the other day. . Non artificial waters. I found 4 flavors. When I get home and/or remember the name I will share with you.

There is also caffefine free coca cola.. maybe that will help?

Personally I'd try to find those organic waters. The fruits are all natual. No fructos or anything like that.
  • Mtscruffy
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!
  • kmjgrant
    kmjgrant Posts: 80
    The best diet soda that I have found that is better then everything out there is DIET PEPSI MAX there are literally nothing in there but ginseng and caffeine. On the other hand caffeine is not good for you, but it has no calories.
  • splenda
    splenda Posts: 24
    The best diet soda that I have found that is better then everything out there is DIET PEPSI MAX there are literally nothing in there but ginseng and caffeine. On the other hand caffeine is not good for you, but it has no calories.

ohhhhh yummy i love it. I hate diet pepsi and any coke, but this stuff tastes just good enough to curb my sugar cravings.

:):happy:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member

Diet Pepsi Max has aspertame in it, too. :sick: This has been a hot topic on here every so often. For anyone interested, just type in aspertame in the search box in the forums and you can read some older posts.