T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM ~~> Week 15!

Replies

• Ok, ya'll, I have to brag... I went to a Fitness Boot Camp at the gym tonight, 60 mins of all kinds of things... started out with 12 people, ended with 7... I was BY FAR the biggest person there, probably by 100 pounds... and I made it the whole time! I couldn't do everything as long as or as well as we were supposed to... but I didn't QUIT and I didn't WHINE and I didn't COMPLAIN (which is more than I can say for a lot of the "skinny" folk)....

Burned 1400 cals, which screws me up for the day, as there's no way I can eat that now... but oh well, one day of a deficit won't hurt me. As I sit here every muscle is shaking and I can barely type...

BUT I DID IT!!! I'm actually looking forward to the next one so I can see how much I can improve and how my stamina might increase!!!

I'm so proud of me!

I'm SOOOOO proud of you too!!!!!!!! You ROCK!
    It's amazing! You outlasted the skinny people...:smokin: I believe there are people who are skinny but out of shape.

My stats have not changed since last week's 3 lb loss.

SW208/GW150/CW185 no change

I did get to the gym tonight. I did 30 minutes of weights in addition to cardio. My arms are KILLING me! I have not been doing weights for about a month. Surprised how tough it was to start again.

I realize if I'm going to lose weight, I have to stick to my meal plan a lot closer. There is a family wedding in august so my mini goal is to lose another 20 lbs by then.

P.S. Love the kitty pictures. Reminds me of growing up on the farm where I played with the kittens for hours.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    manda1111 - SW 198 GW 135 CW 181 = 1lbs los
    indianagranny sw216.2/ gw160/cw188 -2.6 loss
    indianagranny sbmi(fortotalmonth)31.6/cbmi 30.3 = .5 drop
    stillkristi sw 461/ gw 195/cw 419 - 2 pounds lost
    stillkristi bmi - sbmi 68.9/gbmi for May under 60/cbmi = 60.1
    cyndee: SW: 136 GW: 115 CW: 132.2 Loss this week: 1.8 lbs.
    BMI (if I haven't already forgot) is 24.2
    adopt4 - SW 273/GW 265/CW 239.5 = almost a pound lost
    SBMI 42.8/CBMI 37.5 = down .1 since last week
    nitag SW 220/GW 145/CW 189 - nothing lost : ( TOM so Its ok..
    BMI - Start 32.6/Current 32.4
    lulubar-SW205/GW145/CW187-0 lost
    renayeb -sw 257/ cw 234/ gw 150 lost 1.6
    BMI

Lulu, good to see you again! Yes, keep the slipper handy! At times, I need it!

Kelli - great job. You're my hero, too!

Renaye - great job on the weight loss! I am sure you can reach your Monday goal!

Hey, I did some research today about exercise, endorphins, serotonin and other neurotransmitters. It was interesting, I think I figured out the connection that explains self sabotaging in spite of knowing better. I really like this stuff. I had a great group tonight! Once in a great while, you see a little miracle. I love when that happens. Tonight, we had a little healing miracle in group. COOL!

Sheila, be safe, see you when you get back!

LI4G, how are my kittens? I look forward to updates!

Well, I am beat! Love you guys.
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Sheila - HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adopt4 - YOU ROCK GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO - I'm so happy for you and proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Healthymom - I realized setting mini goals for myself helped me to stay on track better. I usually set a weekly goal and maybe two other little bit longer goals. It helps me. Good - Luck with your goal.

DWray44 - Let us know what happens .

Kristi - you go girl. good week for you. Keep up the good work.

Well gang, pitch dark and storming out but I feel like walking - wow - it will either be couch or treadmill - here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Spent some time goofing with my photo editor today after taking this pic with my phone. This one Is going in her scrapbook.

1dayoldkitty.jpg

Babies are doing great! Momma spent the first 24 hours with her babies, but we lit a fire in the firepit outside on the deck tonight and she decided she wanted to take a short break and came out to sit by the fire and snuggle with us. She wont use the liter box and the vet told me not to let her go outside, but she was pretty damn persistent about going outside to go potty so I have been keeping a very close eye on her (as in following her) when I let her out to go potty. She just goes and comes right back inside, so I figure that is ok as long as Im watching her.

Lulu- thanks for asking. Shelby did not make regionals this year. She's pretty bummed! She came in 7th for her race today out of 8 runners and her running time was 5:49 seconds for the mile race which isnt her best time. Im not sure what happened. She was so mad when the race was over and her dad picked her up because she was going to stay the night with a friend, so I havent had a chance to talk to her about it. She is working with her friend to organize a team of girls to run the Portland to Coast race this summer. Its sometime in late August or early September just after cross country starts.

I hit the gym this morning and did 45 minutes on the weights working my arms and abs. Then came home and worked outside for a bit before going to her race. Got home from that about 6pm and worked in the yard some more. My back is sore now. :grumble: Tomorrow is supposed to be nice and I have more work to do before it gets hot on Sunday. So, hopefully it will be better tomorrow.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    adopt4...I admire your stamina! 60 minutes is amazing! It reminds me...Years ago, when I was in high school, our teacher used to warm us up with a record (back then, we had records) called "Chicken Fat." It was only about 5 minutes long, but it knocked out many a teenage girl. Kind of like a 5 minute Boot Camp, I think, so I can't even imagine 60 MINUTES...

Yesterday's lunch proved to be a trial for me. I thought I'd stuck with something safe (and I did - calorie wise). Had a pastrami on rye, came home and realized that I'd likely picked the highest sodium possible. Throw in a kosher dill for good measure, and I just about went over. So I had to go through the lists of foods, and find items with no salt, for my supper. I ended up eating Catelli Smart pasta with chopped tomato, broccoli...and dessert was strawberries and blackberries. But I'm proud of myself for not going over the sodium (or anything else). And I learned something. I need to be really careful of so-called diet foods, meats...
    I never use a salt shaker these days. But I realize that just about all pre-made food is salted to the teeth.
    Learning, learning...
    For me, that's what this journey is all about. And my friend is learning, too. He's fascinated with this website. He's tried diets in the past, but didn't stick with them, but he thinks he can do this...

This is our long weekend. No big plans, but just knowing it's a holiday makes me feel energetic. I want to get out and mingle. Unfortunately, it's also raining, and supposed to rain all day.
    So maybe I'll swap walking for vigorous housework...

losingit4good...
    Keep posting those kitty pictures!
    And congratulations to your daughter for her participation. Maybe not the regionals this time, but we all know that persistence pays off. Hers will, too.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    LI4G the kitten is adorable.. We tried letting our 2 sleep with us again last night but about midnight the DH went and locked them in the back room.. They just are so hyper at night.. Sleep all day.. Oh well.. And after all we went through to name them, my husband was right they are now called well I can't type it. But imagine what comes outta the mouths when they jump on you when your walking by them... It's not nice !!

So I don't know what is up with me.. First I have super sore arms from working out and my biceps are swollen.. And to top that off I have a roid.. I'm in pain.. so much to do and tell me when one has a roid why must we have to potty all the time:grumble: :grumble: - I am off to the grocery store.. Having people for dinner tonight... Making something with chicken....

Talk to ya all later...
  • LosingIt4good
    Cyndee- That is exactly what I plan to tell her. To keep working hard at it if it is something she really wants. She is a pretty determined kiddo tho, so Im sure she will be fine. I think the reason she is upset is because she worked pretty hard this year. Trained alot over the winter and before track started. Didnt take much time off from training after Cross Country ended in October, but she didnt overdo it. She went to regionals as a Freshman for the 800 meter, so she has had the experience of going and I think thats why she wanted to go so bad again. She is a junior this year, so she always has next year to look forward to. Ive always told "just do your best". She gets psyched out pretty easily by her coach and her dad telling her what she's going to do and what she's not, but shes getting better at listening to me and just giving it her all instead. :laugh: This is why I try to make it to every last one of her races! The part that stinks is that as a runner, you can have a really good season and do awesome at all the races, but districts is a 1 shot deal and if you have an off day and dont come in in the top 3, you dont go to Regionals. She is more of a distance runner than a sprinter, so her events in track this year were the 2 mile and the mile. Cross country starts around the end of August, and that is her true sport. She runs 3-5 miles every day during CC and her races are 3.2- 3.6 miles. Same meal deal as track for districts being the deciding race to go to regionals but it is also a TEAM thing, not just an individual event. Thier WHOLE team went to regionals this year for CC and she had 2 college scouts there watching her run. Both of them offered her scholarships but 1 of the schools has a really BAD running team (as in she would kick butt, but it would be too easy!) so she's already took them off the list of possibilities and keeping her options open since she still has another year. Smart cookie!

Nita- Little spray bottles work wonders for those little stalkers. LOL They also work to keep them off counters and out of houseplants. Set it on the "mist" setting and give them a little squirt when they do something you dont want them to do. They will get the idea pretty fast and will get to know that bottle well! Also, dont get them in the habit of sleeping with you, you will regret it later.. LOL... just like babies! Wear them out for a good hour before bed... a lazer toy or a string with a button on the end, even a paper bag can be a load of fun for them and entertaining for you! I saw a good lazer toy at petco last week for $5. If they really dig it you can prolly keep them playing off and on thro the day when your home and they will sleep good at night.. :laugh:
  • cyndeebee
    I learn something new every time I come in here - and not always related to weight loss. It never occurred to me to wear kitties out at bedtime...

I am SO watching my sodium today. Again...I learn so much from this website.

Even though I haven't lost much weight, I'm still wearing my "big" pants, and they're getting looser. I can grab a handful of material in the butt. (**woot woot**)
    I thought of switching to smaller pants, but I don't (yet) want the discouragement or the aggravation, when I struggle to do them up. So I'll just enjoy wearing baggy pants for now. Besides, it makes me feel almost svelte...
  • stillkristi
    Hi, gang - been out in the yard most of the day. I love this weather! We had a couple of stumps that needed to come out. Swinging a sledge hammer makes one feel so hearty. I feel like singing, "Oh, I'm a lumber jack and I'm ok..." If you weren't Monty Python fans, that will be lost on you.

Gotta have lunch - a salad and then get back to work. Take care gang.

Way to go svelte Cyndee!
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Ok, ya'll, I have to brag... I went to a Fitness Boot Camp at the gym tonight, 60 mins of all kinds of things... started out with 12 people, ended with 7... I was BY FAR the biggest person there, probably by 100 pounds... and I made it the whole time! I couldn't do everything as long as or as well as we were supposed to... but I didn't QUIT and I didn't WHINE and I didn't COMPLAIN (which is more than I can say for a lot of the "skinny" folk)....

Burned 1400 cals, which screws me up for the day, as there's no way I can eat that now... but oh well, one day of a deficit won't hurt me. As I sit here every muscle is shaking and I can barely type...

BUT I DID IT!!! I'm actually looking forward to the next one so I can see how much I can improve and how my stamina might increase!!!

I'm so proud of me!

YOU GO GIRL--BRAG ON
    I THINK THE SKINNY PEOPLE THERE ALSO GIVES MOTIVAITON TO DO JUST AS GOOD.
    KEEP IT UP APOPT 4 , IM PROUD OF YOU!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Hey gang! Glad the kittens are doing ok. I agree, the spray bottle always worked for me.

Happy dance for me please...I exercised 5 times this week and stayed on track with food too. I wogged for 60 minutes tonight before the rain began. Better go cause hubby started a fire in the firepit inthe backyard. :drinker: :drinker:
  • stillkristi
    Hey, everybody! I'm back. I'm all excited. Got a lot of yard work done. Great food day, and I finally got my HRM! Burned 897 calories (I think) then I accidently erased it. I am dangerous with new technology. I hate to read instructions, so its kind of like running with scissors. Before I go to bed, I am going to do some crunches. That is something I can isolate pretty well and see how I do. YAY!!

Hey, healthy mom, enough about me. HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU!!! LaurelandHardy-1.gif

Renaye - ready to weigh in on Monday? My BIggest loser contest at work seems to be fizzling. They were going to post the results of Monday's weigh in by Thursday, and they didn't. So, on Friday, I asked what was up, and the guy in charge said hardly anyone got to weigh in because the nurse was gone or something. BUMMER! But, thats not why I am really doing this so I guess I don't care that much. Cyndi, so sorry about the track meet. Thats a drag no matter how you slice it. "Better luck next time" just doesn't have a lot of comfort in it.

Adopt4 smiley_wave.gif You rock!

Cyndee - good job on the baggy pants. I am finding that they are enjoyable for a while, then you just start to feel silly. Don't wear them that long! My bad!

Nita. draw a circle around today and then STEP OUTSIDE THAT CIRCLE! :laugh: Some days just suck. Oh well.

HUGS everyone!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    oooohhhh. Li4g with very good photo-edit skills. I wanna kiss it. Tiny little love bug.:flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    :happy: Thanks CM! I always wanted to know how to do it and this seemed like a good pic to give it a try. So, I FINALLY figured it out. It was a pain and Im sure there is an easier way... but overall Im happy with how it turned out. Gotta dig out my real camera and take some photos of the babies. These were taken with my 2.5mp iphone, so the 10mp nikon will do MUCH better :laugh: Wanna get some good ones to share with my photo club in the next couple weeks.

That kitten is one of the twins. We have 2 that look almost identical in the orange color. The whitish/silverish/blonde baby which I will post next is the oddball and a very unique color. I cant wait to see what color eyes he has. Its hard to tell right now what the sexes are, but Im pretty sure we have 3 little boys. Will be easier to tell when they get a bit older. Its just been a very long time since Ive had to tell kittens apart in that way and they all look the same. :laugh: :laugh:

Todays gonna be a warm one outside. Upper 80's. I felt sick to my stomach last night and today Im just kinda feeling lazy and run down. Not productive to my plan to workout today and get in some cardio. I have some grocery shopping to do to stock up on stuff but otherwise Im feeling like I could sleep all day. We'll see what happens later.

Kristi- Yay!! You'll love that HRM! Keep working hard!! Youve been doing great!!!

Healthymom- HAPPY DANCE for you!!! Keep it up!!

Cyndee- on the baggy pants... I can sypmathize. Mine are the same way! LOL Its a great feeling!!
  • cyndeebee
    LI4G...Today I'm wearing stretch denim. Next best thing to baggy pants.
    God Bless stretch denim...
    :wink:

I just checked out my Reports. I've been on this website since April 18th. I've lost 4 pounds - which is what they recommend - a pound a week.
    I love this website.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    That kitten is one of the twins. We have 2 that look almost identical in the orange color. The whitish/silverish/blonde baby which I will post next is the oddball and a very unique color. I cant wait to see what color eyes he has. Its hard to tell right now what the sexes are, but Im pretty sure we have 3 little boys. Will be easier to tell when they get a bit older. Its just been a very long time since Ive had to tell kittens apart in that way and they all look the same

The "experts" don't have a good track record on sexing the young ones either. Since most orange tabbies tend to be male - I'd think you have a good chance they are - they are all tabby, no white, right?
    I think around 6 weeks you'll be completely certain...I've taken in several foster kittens that "turned" into the opposite sex as they grew a little.:laugh:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Hey all...

Just checking in.. Not much going on here this weekend.. Its hot here. Yesterday and today in the 90's.. It's been a busy weekend. Got in touch with some old friends from High School.. Enjoyed chatting with them on line.. Good times and good memories...

I haven't worked out since Friday.. Hoping tomorrow I feel better and can do some walking.. I don't want to irritate it..

I'm off to my son's for my Dad's B-day dinner..
  • stillkristi
    Hi gang, I am having a very restful Sunday. I love to sit out on the patio on Sunday afternoons and read, nap or whatever. I am going to read up on my new toy and see if I can't figure it out.

Have a peaceful Sunday! Wonder what Sheila is up to right now!?

:happy: Kristi
  • LosingIt4good
    That kitten is one of the twins. We have 2 that look almost identical in the orange color. The whitish/silverish/blonde baby which I will post next is the oddball and a very unique color. I cant wait to see what color eyes he has. Its hard to tell right now what the sexes are, but Im pretty sure we have 3 little boys. Will be easier to tell when they get a bit older. Its just been a very long time since Ive had to tell kittens apart in that way and they all look the same

The "experts" don't have a good track record on sexing the young ones either. Since most orange tabbies tend to be male - I'd think you have a good chance they are - they are all tabby, no white, right?
    I think around 6 weeks you'll be completely certain...I've taken in several foster kittens that "turned" into the opposite sex as they grew a little.:laugh:

LOL Well thats good to know. Yes, they are all tabby's. 2 orange and one that kinda looks like he's tried to turn white after orange what his original intention. He is a strange, blonde color. Not white, not orange. but he has stripes on his tail and feet and his face has some white striping around the eyes just like the orange ones. I'll get a pic of him soon. We named him Opa, which is german for grandfather because when he was born his fur looked like the hair of an old man. Kinda silvery grey and fuzzy. :laugh: The other 2 we havent named yet.
  • LosingIt4good
    ok... so.... I have a real delima here....

I ran out of ciggarettes a couple hours ago. Was gonna buy some when I when grocery shopping and they wanted $6.88 for 1 pack! I was like "oh helllll no!" I know the taxes went up, but Im sorry, I refuse to pay almost $7 for a pack. So, I didnt buy any and was real cool with that.

Well, I just ate lunch. A big lunch, so Im totally not hungry. But the habit to have a cig is there when Im done eating. Still dont want to spend the $7 and buy a pack. :laugh: Will attempt to quit first!!

I cant do the gum cuz I have TMJ so all gum's make my jaw sore, even the chew and park it kind. Cant do the patch because it makes me sick. So what I wanna know is....Any other anti-smoker quitters out there have any helpful hints for getting past the bad cravings? I know its a matter of time and in the past Ive quit for a month and picked it back up again, but now its just too damn expensive.

Help!!!!:grumble: