40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    109 Pushups today: 22@10am, 21@12pm, 22@2pm, 22@4pm and 22@6pm. Also did pull/chinups in morning, lunch and after work.

*cef957: wow, lots going on! Grats on deciding to refocus on you. You know you can do it :)

*hollyb9871: I agree, exercising is like meditating, only more efficient :D

*sdereski: Your even more of a BA than I thought :bigsmile:

*bratgrr1: Here's to the year of the Kim! :drinker: (water of course)

*LP & tldame: Happy Birthdays!

*frida001: good goals! I had to laugh at your "get used to the idea" comment :laugh:

*slyder432: Is that avatar pic a goal or just inspiration...or you?

*rickdz: what race is that in your avatar?

*swilkie1961: 1/2 ironman sounds cool!

*ThisNameAlreadyTaken: I'm going to call you TNAT from now on, lol. I play the Bari Sax & Flute btw.

*Lanna74: what weight does your doctor say you should be at?

Lots of people! Time for dinner...

To every one else: Welcome!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    109 Pushups today: 22@10am, 21@12pm, 22@2pm, 22@4pm and 22@6pm. Also did pull/chinups in morning, lunch and after work.

*cef957: wow, lots going on! Grats on deciding to refocus on you. You know you can do it :)

*hollyb9871: I agree, exercising is like meditating, only more efficient :D

*sdereski: Your even more of a BA than I thought :bigsmile:

*bratgrr1: Here's to the year of the Kim! :drinker: (water of course)

*LP & tldame: Happy Birthdays!

*frida001: good goals! I had to laugh at your "get used to the idea" comment :laugh:

*slyder432: Is that avatar pic a goal or just inspiration...or you?

*rickdz: what race is that in your avatar?

*swilkie1961: 1/2 ironman sounds cool!

*ThisNameAlreadyTaken: I'm going to call you TNAT from now on, lol. I play the Bari Sax & Flute btw.

*Lanna74: what weight does your doctor say you should be at?

Lots of people! Time for dinner...

To every one else: Welcome!

Chris - you are AWESOME!! :flowerforyou:
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Just doing a quick check-in. Will post more later :)

Me too
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    bump - maybe start a group?
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Hi - I'm 43 and want to get this bookmarked. I'll write more later. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and get/give support.
    --Scott
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Hi - I'm 43 and want to get this bookmarked. I'll write more later. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and get/give support.
    --Scott
  • ladyj44
    ladyj44 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 45, would love to join the group, my goal is to lose at least 20lbs by my birthday in April, I workout at least 5 days a week and I am on my second week of strength training. My problem is eating, I can exercise all day long, but I really need work on eating right, I am following a 1200 calorie diet and it is hard, so any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Count me in here! I am 43! I am only 5ft tall and 166 pounds. I know a lot of people think wow that isn't a lot of weight but then I am like HELLO I am really short! :grumble:
    Last year I lost 23 pounds then we had some health issues in the family and I had an injury so life went on for a few months. I thankfully didn't gain any weight back but never lost more. I started working out again about Oct and within a month a heel spur found me and has not left me no matter what I do or how I yell at it :noway: ...I have tried to adapt my workouts around my foot, but I miss the treadmill so much. I have given up soda and am working very hard on changing how I totally eat. I still slip sometimes but pick myself up.
    Would love to make a lot of new friends (especially anyone who may be my height! ) to fight this battle with..
  • I am a newbie to the site and just installed the app on my iPad. I would like to join the group. I am 44 and stuck between 135-140 lbs and really want to get down to about 125 by summer. The app has really shined a light on how little proteins I eat....I think that along with long office hours most of the time are my problems. New year, new focus on healthy eating habits. Looking for fast fulfilling meal solutions with low calories...is it possible to be full on a yummy low calorie meal?
  • sreeves1429
    sreeves1429 Posts: 23 Member
    Hi everyone, looking for a little guidance here. So primarily, I was focused on losing a lot of weight and as such, I've stuck to a very low calorie diet somewhere between 500-800 calories. I have stuck to ellipticals and treadmills, but now I am looking to do some serious toning and moving on to other types of workouts. I am a serious novice when it comes to eating healthy and as for fitness, well honestly, I know next to nothing. Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
  • tikanique
    tikanique Posts: 54 Member
    Count me in - will be 45 this year and will have an empty nest come September. I'm looking for new ways to occupy my time so I won't go stir crazy :-)
  • AttyMomOf3
    AttyMomOf3 Posts: 145 Member
    Hi! I am 40 soon to turn 41. I am 5'6" and currently around 180 and my goal is to get back to 130lbs. I started MFP in November at 190, so I have made a little progress towards my goal, but slid back a few pounds last week when I was sick (feeding a cold). I am trying really hard to eat more vegetables and organic foods, leaner meats and more vegetable based proteins, but I love food, including the bad stuff, so every once in awhile I'm bad. I started working out with a personal trainer in November and that has been a great motivation for me to stay on track (don't want to waste my money!). I was 120lbs for my teens and early 20s, but since my late twenties my weight has been a yo-yo. I have had two major weight loss successes: lost 80 lbs at 30 y/o and kept it off for several years, then several years of yo-yo weight (during which time I also had my 3 kids), then in early 2010 when my youngest was not quite a year old, I lost 50 lbs, but most of that crept back on too. So I am starting the journey again. I know what to do, I know how to do it, I have confidence that I can accomplish my goal! But once I do, I hope that it will be for good this time! They say third time is a charm. I hope so! Please feel free to add me as a friend!! I'm excited to read everyone's tips, stories of success, and hope to be there to provide motivation too!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    I just turned 40 this summer. My stats -
    Starting weight 252
    Current weight 187
    I've lost those 67 pounds in less than 5 months. For me, it's about the diet for the weight loss. I love my exerci, 120minutes of zumba and 40 minutes of strength training, minimum.

My goal, which I may change when I get there, is to lose another30 pounds or so.
  • denice0414
    denice0414 Posts: 40 Member
  • denice0414
    denice0414 Posts: 40 Member
    Hi, I will be 45 on Saturday. Would love to be part of this group/discussion. I will come back on friday and tell a bit about myself. Thanks :)
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Bump...will be back to post more later!!
  • james_scholte
    james_scholte Posts: 5 Member
    Hi all, I'm Jim; I will be 40 in March 2012. I am only 5'-5" tall and I am weighing in at 212 pounds! I started losing weight about a year ago, when I was at my all-time high of 270! MFP has helped me drop from 235 to 212 in just over 2 months. Lately I've been struggling to stay under my daily MFP calorie goal of 1270. I just started strength training in the past month. I've been doing planks, leg lifts, pushups, and dumbbell curls. Also a minimum of 30 min cardio at least 4x weekly. Does anyone have tips for me on how to keep losing and stay motivated? I need to lose another 62 pounds....
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Woah! Have I really been gone so lo g that not only do we have a new thread but we are on page 4 already!

Thank you alf for starting the new thread and to Chris for leaving a link to it. It made things so much easier to find you all.

I just got back from Nevada so I will try to catch up on all the posts.