40 +? anyone

Hello, I am new today, started my life change like most on the 1st of Jan... Anyone in their 40's that has had children? My weight goes straight to my belly, I think it's because of three pregnancies...

Hoping to find support and positive results here!

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Hello, I am new today, started my life change like most on the 1st of Jan... Anyone in their 40's that has had children? My weight goes straight to my belly, I think it's because of three pregnancies...

Hoping to find support and positive results here!

Lots of us here
  • Hello, I am also in my 40's alittle older than you 45 from Korea and have 2 boys 16,13...always exercise and ate whatever not too much meat. I was adopted by Pa couple. Ate alot in the family.. I used to starve in my 20,30's now when I starve I do not lose nothing. I saw today Dr Oz. about belly fat. I might try the safflower...saff oil...maybe, that might help. Hopefully, you can help me be more motivated on tracking my food.. talk to you soon Jennifer
  • Hi there, I'm another over 40. I too started the weight loss journey on Jan 1st. I've been overweight most of my life and decided now is the time to stop ignoring the 'odd pound here, odd pound there' that seems to creep from nowhere (although in reality it crept out of the sausage rolls I was filling my face with)! lol . 5 children have left my body in a rather unique shape, i'm sure it's not technically a shape at all to be honest, blobby just about sums it up!! :noway:
  • Hi there!! Over 40 here, too (with kids). Sadly I've gained more lbs since I've joined last September, but it really doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why (um, got into the xmas chocolates a wee bit early last fall...heehee). BUT, back on track and going to kick the fat to the curb before summer hits. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish!! Best of luck on your journey! ~ Cheers!! ~
  • Nice to meet all of you! thanks for the introductions...

what kind of goals are you doing?
    I'm only starting small,

stay on track one whole week, no cheating, no negative self talk, one whole week... I would like to see a 2 lb weight loss

What are you guys doing?
  • I am 44 and have a son. I started exercising in November when my Dr told me I was pre-diabetic. That was all it took for me to get SERIOUS about the weight and health issue. I started WALKING AWAY THE POUNDS with Leslie Sansone. She is AWESOME and very motivating! If you have an opportunity check her website out. I lost 6 pounds in the first week with her walk DVD's and portion control. Good Luck to you and remember a little activity everday goe a long way!
  • jan115
    jan115 Posts: 21 Member
    Lots of us over 40 (and over 50, like me). I can certainly identify. I had three kids and gained a bunch of pounds with each, the most with my third. I finally decided I needed to do something, and the weight is slowly coming off. You've come to the right place and will find a ton of support here.
  • Nice to meet all of you! thanks for the introductions...

what kind of goals are you doing?
    I'm only starting small,

stay on track one whole week, no cheating, no negative self talk, one whole week... I would like to see a 2 lb weight loss

What are you guys doing?

I'm just taking it day by day. No negative self talk as well. Making sure I get my workouts finished in the a.m. before breakfast, and only weighing myself once a month or so (I figured I would hop on the scale the same day I get my brows waxed, which is every few weeks, lol. The numbers staring back at me can make me bonkers for the scale can dictate my emotions,.. so by doing it this way, hopefully I'll have a pleasant surprise every few weeks!) :happy:
  • JRMCK64
    JRMCK64 Posts: 53 Member
    I am 47 from a place in Queensland Australia called Bundaberg. We are the start of the great barrier reef I am a parts interrupter and a delivery driver and I have a great family who supports me. So Myfitnesspal is a great site. I have been on a life change now for over 3 yrs i have fallen a total of 132 lbs or 60 kg my health is getting better every month had 7 month of 2010that i was sick on and off but 2011 seen me fall another 18 kg. this is the best thing i have done for me. I am still 50.8 kg off my goal weight so long way to go found this program on my android phone now over 9 mth ago and gave it a go the support I get from my friends on here is overwhelming and all I ask is that if you are a friend you be active with support as I will be it is a journey we take together and I am so proud of how far I have come so if you are the type of person that would like to travel on a life change with me please give me a friends request cheers
  • tracy9301
    tracy9301 Posts: 150 Member
    Hi. I'll be 44 in Feb. I have 2 girls. I have been on this up and down yo-yo weight journey most of my life.
    My goals will be small to start with. 1.2 lb a week, Try to remember to exercise everyday, healthy eating, and showing my kids it can be done.
  • Hi, I'm 44 and been here 6 days. I feel so discouraged in myself because I keep eating over my calorie everyday!! I am going to have to make better food choices because I just get hungry. Help - and I just logged on to the website (been using my phone) and these messages are inspirational.

To tell about me, I have had 5 children and the last one 3 years ago at 41. My metabolism is really slowing down and everything I eat runs to the scales to wait for me! Ha! I like food and stay so busy that I grab food on the go most of the time.
  • well thanks so much for all your stories!! Great inspiration, and nice to know I am not alone... Thanks for all the friend's requests, I think this will be a great positive change... Did fantastic today, and going to do my work out early before work tomorrow... yikes! My abs feel tight today, but as Tony Horton says "bring it!"

Fear came knocking at the door, and when Faith answered there was no one there!
  • Hi, My name is Retina. I'm 41 two children 26 and 15. I want to shred 50lbs no excuses this year! I'm done with the Killer Within....... Food Addiction........... determined to walk it off and throw some strengthening in there gradually............ Got a lot of haters and challenges that are trying to deter me........ Writing helps ladies...... I love the stories............ Much success and greatness to you all!
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Hey there! I turned 40 in Oct. and am mom to two boys (12 and 8). This is my second time through. I lost 35 lbs two years ago and it's mostly back - a family illness threw me off my routine - and then new mess for me caused the "munchies". So starting again. Would love to both get/give support and am very open to making new friends!!!

Kathy
  • Hi, my name is Shane, I`m 45 two kid`s(can`t call them that anymore), 16 and 19. I was orginally 110 kilo`s decided after a visit to Japan and finding it hard to move around(everthing sooo tiny over there) that I was just to big. That was in 2006, since July 2007 I have been going to gym 5 days a week at first I lost the weight super fast, eventually getting down to 78 kilo`s, I`ve competed in 3 long distance bushwalks 100 km(finished ONE!!!), which I never imagined I could ever do in a million years. The last year I put on 11 kilo`s(not paying attention) so I decided to be pro active and abit smarter, this site has helped alot, just seeing the calories I put in my body each day helps alot.

Weight lose is a very personal journey, but it does help to have a little support along the way, goodluck to all!!.

Shane
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Lots of us here that are over 40... I have 3 kids 20, 19 and 14... I have another 20 - 25 pounds to go... I originally only wanted to lose another 10, but am opting to go a little lighter!

I've done all my weight loss by walking and running... more running lately!!! AND IF I CAN DO IT... SO CAN YOU!
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    I'm 42 from South Africa. I have a 16 year old daughter. I was a skinny b*tch all my until I turned 30 and added a few kilograms, then when I turned 40 I added another few and after a hysterectomy in Dec2010 and stopping smoking in Mar2011, I added about 9 kilograms (20 pounds).
    I've been on here since November 2011 and its been great. Joined the gym in Dec2011 and now I'm working out every day.

Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Hi! I'm 46, and have 2 boys (8yrs. and 10yrs.). I am going to lose 35pds. I had all of my clothes tailored 3 years ago and I don't fit....I enjoy how I look in those clothes, and how I feel when I'm 35pds. lighter. :flowerforyou: I'm giving this a go to see if it works for me. I believe the toughest part is going to be remembering to input the foods. So my goals are input all food and exerciser for 1 week, then it should be easier, all I will have to do is copy most.

I'm also new to this type of support system, so please be patient with me.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    I'm 41 and a mom of two kids: soon to be 13 (heaven help me. HAHA) year old and a 5 year old.

I have always had trouble losing it in my belly. Sucks. I am sure it's the last to go. I would like to lose another 10 lbs or so. We'll see. I'm just happy I made it this far. Too bad my belly is sticking with me. HA.
  • sxyasnmom
    sxyasnmom Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm 45 and have 4 kids (30D, 16D, 14S, 6S). I've lost about 75lbs. so far and gained back 15 or so back. I want to lose about another 30lbs. and then lean and tighten to get six-pack abs and sculpted arms. After I've lost my initial weight, I decided to pay it forward and I became a Coach and help others succeed with their weight loss goals while I reach mine at the same time. Giving each other the encouragement and motivation to push forward, learning good nutrition tips and exercise and finishing strong! It builds the support system and accountability and the only requirement is that each person commits themselves and participates. It has been a tremendous journey for me and all of those on my team on Facebook. MyFitnessPal is a great tool to use to track your nutrition and meals to help get you on your way :)