hi guys

hi im new to this website.im 27 male and pushing 400 lbs.i have really bad hips and back problems.i have never been a small guy but i have a 3 year old son and i have to lose some lbs for him before i have a heart attack.i already im beening checked for heart problems.doctor said "nothing is wrong,but if i dont do something i will have heart problems.so there for im on a diet and some exercise slowly at first cuz of me hips.so if u would like to chat with me just write just looking for some support thanks

Replies

• hi im new to this website.im 27 male and pushing 400 lbs.i have really bad hips and back problems.i have never been a small guy but i have a 3 year old son and i have to lose some lbs for him before i have a heart attack.i already im beening checked for heart problems.doctor said "nothing is wrong,but if i dont do something i will have heart problems.so there for im on a diet and some exercise slowly at first cuz of me hips.so if u would like to chat with me just write just looking for some support thanks
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Hey Big Steve!
    Welcome. It's good that you are starting here. It's never too soon to start taking care of that heart and body. Keep us posted on your progress.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Welcome bigsteve! Glad to have you here. Good luck!
  • sturge161
    sturge161 Posts: 37 Member
    This is a great site - I hope it helps!
  • alice
    alice Posts: 25 Member
    Hi bigsteve

I love this site. You have come to the right place. Monitoring your calorie intake along with exercise (and don't forget to drink your 8 glasses of water). You will feel better. It seems to be easier to lose if you are a little larger. It's when you only want to lose 10-20 pounds that it gets hard.

I know that I was raised to eat everything off my plate and I still do. I know that it's not always good to do that, but its hard to break habits that you were taught when you were growing up as a kid. I make sure that I don't force my kids to eat everything. I tell them its ok if they can't finish their meal, because they are little and have tiny stomaches.

Best of luck to you. The people on this site are very supportive. We are all here to help each other. Just let the site know what your concerns on and you can be sure you will recieve replies.

alice
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    have you watched the biggest loser program on tv? i find it very inspiring. in fact one of the personal trainers has her own website and will coach anyone who wants. remarkably its very inexpensive $4 a week. i have found it to be very informative and the coaches make you feel so good. they are very motivating and they will continue to make your workouts fresh and exciting. they also have meal plans there too. good luck. be sure to take a before foto so when you begin to lose weight especially if you are having a low point you can reflect and instantly feel better.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome Steve
    It is so good to hear that you have made a choice to make your life and your sons future better.
    There are alot of us that would love to help you with tips or answer questions if you need.

Please enjoy everything there is here and keep us up to date. We look forward to hearing from you. Diet is my main area right now as well, though I do walk at work . You will definately be able to start seeing results and the longer you stick with it the better you will feel and the more energy you will have.

Eve
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Welcome Steve, I know you will enjoy everyone on this site as much as I do. Everyone is so supportive here, we're all working toward the same goal...healthier in the end. It sounds like you have the best motivation to do this...your three year old. It's great that you want to do this for him so that you will be around to see him grow up. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Hi Steve! Welcome! Coming to this site is a great first step in achiving your goals. I think you will like the site and support everyone has to offer. Good luck to you!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Ditto buddy my 3 year year old and 6 month old deserve to have a healthier daddy. Talk about motivation very proud of you. Keep it up you can do this.
  • thank you everyone that replyed im going to give it my all this time im going monday to get a ymca pass to swim cuz of my hips thats about all i can do.untill then tho im running a little each day
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Sounds like a good plan. just be careful! can't wait to hear from you when you report back to us!