Bring your crockpot/slow cooker recipes

Replies

• kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    This maybe a silly question. Does bump just mean ditto?
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    bump
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    chicken with your favorite bbq sauce and some tabasco sauce. i also use turkey sausage instead of chicken some times.

look on line for a site called crock pot girls. they have alot of good recipes
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    bump means they are just posting a random comment so it will show up in their my topics list so they can easily find it
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Bump

I just made my grocery list for this week. Balsamic Chicken and Pulled Pork and the Oatmeal sounds great!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    bump
  • shlobiwan
    shlobiwan Posts: 109 Member
    bump means they are just posting a random comment so it will show up in their my topics list so they can easily find it

This makes sense here...

On other boards, bump is used to bump a message thread back to the top of the boards.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    I made this last night it was so good. It made like 12 cups of chili so it was a lot. We had it last night and will have it tonight too. I'll just eat it on the stove.

Turkey Chili

Ground turkey 20 oz.
    1 big 24 oz (I think that is what it is) can of crushed tomatoes
    15 oz can of black beans
    15 oz can of red beans/kidney beans
    15 oz can of corn drained
    1 package of taco seasoning
    1tbsp of emerils essense
    1tbsp of cumin
    1tsp of paprika
    almost 3 cups of water. I just added til I got a good consistency because I hate for my chili to be too thick
    I cooked on high from about 12 to 6 pm. I served it with white rice I made in the rice cooker.

You can add cheese, green onion, cilantro or red onion to the top to serve.
  • williti
    williti Posts: 22 Member
    I love my crock pot
    bump for later...
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    I have quite a few recipes, but I love making salsa chicken and it is so easy. Just put a cup or so of salsa on top of chicken breasts in the crockpot. Put the crockpot on low and cook 6 to 8 hours. Yummy!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    bump
  • MrsKunz
    MrsKunz Posts: 151 Member
    I tried a new crock pot chicken last night
    4 chicken leg quarters
    1/2 table spoon of salt
    1/2 pepper
    1/2 Italian seasoning
    1 large chopped onion
    2 cubes of chicken bullion
    fill with water
    boil for 5 hours
    DELICIOUS!!!
    I served it with glory seasoned green beans for under 350 calories!
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    bump...can't wait to try some of these!!!
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Need these ideas-Thanks
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    I just made a very quick meal from what I had in the cupboard/freezer

I found I had chicken breasts, chili beans, and rice, so I put the chicken and beans in and filled the chili can up with water, let that cook on high (my chicken was frozen for 4 hours, then added the rice and let it cook for another hour or so. It turned out fantastic! Thats what my favorite thing about my crockpot is, I can toss it in and forget about it, and it's so easy to through things together.
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    I have a bok choy soup recipe that I have changed some. My kids call it "Yummy good for you soup"

1 leek, diced
    sauted in 1 tsp butter (I have been known to skip this step and just add the chopped leak and a touch of EVOO to the crockpot)
    add a clove of garlic (I always at least double the garlic because my familiy loves it!)
    4 baby bok choy sliced
    8 cups vegetable broth (I use 8 cups of water and vegetable bouillon to make the broth)
    1 tsp marjoram
    2 potatoes diced
    2 carrots grated
    Vermicelli 3 oz. (I tend to omit this because it nearly doubles the calories)

our family favorite. It even gets my husband to eat vegetables. I have read that yellow onion can be substituted for the leeks. (this makes the recipe cheaper and leeks aren't always easily available.)
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    The thing I love about a crock pot is you can just make stuff up.

I love orange chicken.

I took 4 chicken breasts and 1 jar of sugar free orange marmalade and threw it in the crock. Set it on 6.5 hrs. low, and then warm. When I came home from work tonight I had not only a hot meal for tonight, but lunch for tomorrow.

So simple.
    did you wish you would have added anything to the marmalade like spices??? or good the way it is?
  • roxannecoleman
    roxannecoleman Posts: 44 Member
    bump for later.