ok whats for dinner

hmmmm
hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
I didn't really want to post this but I want to feel accountable for this choice I made. So after lunch and snacks I only had 350 cals left for dinner I made cabbage rolls for dinner. For lack of a better idea and leftover cabbage all I had was ground beef so I mixed it with brown rice and onions and tomato puree I had two of those suckers and went over my calories by 400. Oh well tomorrow is another day

Replies

• hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    I didn't really want to post this but I want to feel accountable for this choice I made. So after lunch and snacks I only had 350 cals left for dinner I made cabbage rolls for dinner. For lack of a better idea and leftover cabbage all I had was ground beef so I mixed it with brown rice and onions and tomato puree I had two of those suckers and went over my calories by 400. Oh well tomorrow is another day
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    It's ok... remember... tomorrow is a brand spanking new day:bigsmile:

I had pepper steak with No Yolk egg noodles... 1.5 servings actually (I had 1400 cals left)

774 cals total

I have 624 cals left.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    turkey burger w/reduced fat montery cheese (no bun) 220 cals
    salad w/fat free french dressing 100 cals
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    After my cardio at about 6:30 I had 1200 cals to eat, so I had

1 cup milk
    2 tbsp milk&egg protein
    2 eggs
    2 whole grain waffles
    1 piece whole grain toast

600ish calories. I still have 1 cup rice, 4 oz chicken, 2 eggs, 1 piece toast, and .5 oz. almonds to eat for the rest of the night. I have 5-6 meals so there's really no 'dinner'.
  • It's 8:29 and I have 900 calories left. I did eat three meals and one snack, however I burned most of my calories off in exercise. Am I suppose to eat those calories I burned? There is absolutely no way! I do this every day. I am suppose to have 1410 calories a day which I eat, but burn most of them in exercise every day. I hope I don't go into starvation mode. I am eating what this site says I should eat. I don't think I am exercising too much. Anybody have any input?
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Chicken eugene (chicken with dried beef underneath in a sauce of mushroom soup and sour cream baked in the oven), baked potato and green beans......it was delicious, for the second night in a row! Ok, the sauce sounds terrible, but I used reduced fat sour cream and it really wasn't bad. Gotta love working out!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    It's 8:29 and I have 900 calories left. I did eat three meals and one snack, however I burned most of my calories off in exercise. Am I suppose to eat those calories I burned? There is absolutely no way! I do this every day. I am suppose to have 1410 calories a day which I eat, but burn most of them in exercise every day. I hope I don't go into starvation mode. I am eating what this site says I should eat. I don't think I am exercising too much. Anybody have any input?
    Bubbles,
    Yes: you should eat those cals. I have been eating mine. I am continuing to progress, feeling more satisfied than when I tried depriving myself. You earned those cals. You should eat them!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    i was looking for a chicken recipe for dinner but i didnt have much to go with it so i baked chicken breasts with a chopped yellow pepper and sundried tomatoes and oinon then i put "club house: garlic plus on it and 2 tbsp of honey and a little water ........... it was soooooo good
    i also had 1/2 cup of rice and 1 cup of cooked peresian carrots (they are like balls of carrots) it was like 400 calories for it all ... not bad
    j~
  • Grilled boneless pork (with all of the fat trimmed off), 3/4 cup of rice, 1 cup of steamed broccoli, 1/2 cup of corn, and an apple all washed down with one of those crystal light water drinks, I still have over 500 calories to go tonight, so maybe I'll treat myself to some rasberry sherbet....
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    home made lamb broth, baked potato, tuna mayo and salad. Still have 700 calories to have, but as it's 1am here i guess that will have to do.
  • Tgeorge
    Tgeorge Posts: 49
    One suggestion would be to excersise for 40 minutes to burn the extra 400 C- or at least try a walk to get half of those buggers back into your count.:drinker:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    I decided to spoil the kids and take them to mcds. I had 2 honey mustard grilled snack wraps and 1/2 plain sundae. Cost me about 700 cal... but I still have 300 left. I was strangely ambitious and ran 4 miles this afternoon!!!! (my longest) That earned me a little over 600!!! So at least it was a "safe" night to splurge.
  • uh...I had a frozen pizza...shhhhh! I HAVE to go grocery shopping tomorrow. My DS was sick today and I didn't get a chance. My serving was 840 cal! Yikes. I only went over 40 though. When you guys were talking about eating the calories you earned from working out. Are you talking about the # at the bottom of your totals for the day when it says you have earned 305 today from your workpout? So if I already ate my 1200 for the day I should really have 1505 if I worked out? Am I understanding this??? :noway:

J
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    YES!!! You should always eat all the calories it says to eat. So, if your daily allowance is 1200 and you work out and burn 310, then that day you should consume 1510 calories!

Makes working out an even bigger incentive, espeically if you want to splurge or are going out to eat that night!

I've been doing this for almost 2 months and haven't gone a week without losing (yet)! ;)
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    If you look on the My Home tab it shows the Calories Remaining. Shoot for 0 remaining and that will mean that you used all your exercise calories. It shows a summary there.
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    I was hoping someone would start a post on Supper/Dinner. I was running kids all night, and made the mistake of not preplanning like I had been and over did it tonight when I got home.

spiral noodles with ground hamburger and spaghetti sauce about 1 1/2 cups
    1 cup homemade mac & cheese
    1 cup potatoe salad
    1 cup skim milk

and I am paying for it my stomach hurts.:sick: :grumble: I am preplanning in the future for nights that are going to be busy.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Yes, you should eat the cals that you burn from exercising but don't force yourself to eat of you're not hungry. It'll make you sick and there goes everything you ate throughout the day.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • YES!!! You should always eat all the calories it says to eat. So, if your daily allowance is 1200 and you work out and burn 310, then that day you should consume 1510 calories!

Makes working out an even bigger incentive, espeically if you want to splurge or are going out to eat that night!

I've been doing this for almost 2 months and haven't gone a week without losing (yet)! ;)

SWEET!!! I didn't know that...are you still losing what your goal was weekly? Why does that work? Thanks for telling me. And since this is What's for dinner...

Tomorrow night for dinner we are having:

Ground Turkey sloppy joe's
    1 lb ground turkey
    1 bell pepper
    1 onion
    1/2 c. favorite B-B-Q sauce

Saute' first 3 ingrediants then add sauce and serve on whole wheat buns! Yummy and soooo easy!!!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    I made celery and carrot salad with raisins and apples.

i'm not exactly sure of the cals, but I think its around 220? maybe.
    anyway, I just needed a really light dinner tonight...i was successful!