raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Hi :flowerforyou:
  • Hello! :smile:
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Hello!!
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hi. How does this group work?
  • LysieMae
    LysieMae Posts: 29 Member
    Hello! I think we just make posts about breastfeeding related issues, challenges, stories, etc?

How long has everyone been breastfeeding?

My son is 4 months old and has never had formula... We're just now starting him on a little cereal. :happy:
  • unofourthree
    unofourthree Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I'm Dani, I'm a 26 year old SAHM. I exclusively breastfeed my son, he's 4 months (20 weeks post partum) and I really want to shed the baby weight especially with the holidays coming around. My son is getting heavier and heavier, he's currently 16lbs and I want to be able to carry him for an extended period of time without feeling like my muscles are getting super sore. :) Anyways, nice meeting you ladies and I'm looking forward to sharing experiences.

-Dani
  • LauraLouFace
    LauraLouFace Posts: 56 Member
    Hey ladies! I am a 28 year old first time mom of a handsome little 8 month old boy :D I gained 50 or so lbs during my pregnancy, so here I am at a plateau and I've got at least 10 more lbs to lose (lost 24 using my old and out of date Weight Watchers resources!) I'm wondering if I'm just doomed to hang onto the extra weight until we are done breastfeeding, but myfitnesspal is sort of my last resort before I give in to that line of thinking. How long have you all been using this site? Have you had much success?
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Hi! I'm summer. I'm a 23 yr old sahm of two girls. Cadence is 2 yrs old, and Sydney is 10 months old. (15 months apart)I've been breastfeeding Sydney since the start and she's never had a bottle. Actually she refused lol. I delivered both of them by csection. I weighed 206 when I went in to have Sydney. I am now 156. I got down to 183 two weeks after I had her since most of it was bloat. Sydney weighs 16 lbs, and only breastfeeds about 5 times a day now, and eats whatever I eat. She goes crazy for pop tarts. (don't worry she doesn't eat them often lol)

Great job everyone for making the decision to breastfeed!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Im jessica. I have three children now. My oldest is 6, my middle is 4 and my new little guy is almost 3 weeks old. Im exclusively breast feeding and he actually is my first only breast fed baby. I lost 50 lbs before I got pregnant with him and gained back 40 being pregnant. Im down 20 so far and Im hoping to atleast get back to pre pregnant weight. I have alot to go. I gained over 60 with my first and just held on to all of it untill I lost that 50 before getting pregnant this last time. I worry most about counting calories and causing my supply to go away so I think for now Im just portion controlling and cutting out the bad things. I have a hard enough time getting to eat these days with nursing and taking care of my other two. I also "e"school my 6 year old at home so we are quite busy.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Hi, I'm Colleen, 34 yo mama to five (ages 8, 7, 5, 3, and 1 1/2). I've pretty much been breastfeeding since my first was born almost 9 years ago, with a couple months off here and there since my toddlers have mostly weaned toward the end of my pregnancies. :smile: I gained a small amount with each pregnancy, and it added up! I'm down to 138 or so, down from 155.5... I'm working on getting past the 135 mark, which has been a sticking point for me for a couple months now!
  • I am so glad someone started this group! I have 20 pounds to lose and i love this site! I'm 23 years old and i have been married to my awesome husband for 3 years. We have two sweet baby boys, my oldest is turning 2 on November 19 and i just had a baby September 2. I have been pregnant or breastfeeding for all but 4 months of our marriage. I have always been pretty athletic and in sports and in great shape. I ran a marathon to lose the weight after my first born but got pregnant shortly after and have barely worked out since that marathon on September 19, 2010. I gained 45 pounds during this last pregnancy and although i am EBF i feel like it is coming off slower this time around. I joined an all womens boot camp and that has really jumpstarted my eating healthy and my weight loss and i love that this tool makes it so super easy! Can't wait to get to know everyone!
  • Hey everyone! I'm a first time mom of a beautiful 9 month old baby boy. He is exclusively breastfed and will be until at least a year (mom's struggling to decide when to wean - check out the book "The Crazy Makers: How the Food Industry Is Destroying Our Brains and Harming Our Children" I highly recommend it!) Anyhow, I'm excited to see this group on here. I still weigh about 20 lbs more than I did before I was pregnant, and want to lose just over 40 to hit my ideal weight. I look forward to meeting you all!
  • KFontaine679
    KFontaine679 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi all!

I am a SAHM to my 5 year old son (O) and 3 month old daughter (A). Both were delivered via c-section. I was able to breastfeed O for one year, and hope to do the same with A.

While pregnant with O I was able to workout until a few days before delivery. I ran a half-marathon a few months before getting pregnant with A and hoped to continue running during pregnancy, but wasn't able to because of sickness and injury. Oddly enough, my half-marathon was exactly one year to the day before A was born. Aside from toning, my fitness goal is to be able to run another half by her first birthday (Sept 2012).

I have about 15 lbs to lose, and lots of toning to do!
  • Hello ladies!
    I'm a mama of two beautiful boys, 23 months & 6 months old. My 6 month old is 27 pounds, and is EBF'd. Breastfeeding has not been my weight loss toll, in fact, I think my body has held onto fat to aid in this.
    I also gained a lot of weight over the last 2 months from Christmas!

Day 4 for me, and looking to lose about 18 pounds plus a additional 5 pounds when I hit that goal.
    Can't wait to have the support of you mamas! I love love breastfeeding... so I'm taking my weight loss super slow so I don't decrease my supply!
  • nat0224
    nat0224 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi ladies,
    My name is Natalia and I am currently nursing baby #4 who will be 8 months tomorrow. I have a fairly small weight loss goal but can use all the support I can get.
  • Owenlemm
    Owenlemm Posts: 18 Member
    Hello everyone. I am a SAHM of 3. My newest baby was 5 weeks on Monday. I am looking to shed my baby weight once and for all. I am struggling with finding the right number of calories so that my supply doesn't suffer but still allows me to shed weight. Any suggestions and support are welcome.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Hello everyone. I am a SAHM of 3. My newest baby was 5 weeks on Monday. I am looking to shed my baby weight once and for all. I am struggling with finding the right number of calories so that my supply doesn't suffer but still allows me to shed weight. Any suggestions and support are welcome.

You can let MFP set your calorie goal just like it normally does, then go into your food diary and click 'add food' and search 'breastfeeding'. There are several options, if you are breastfeeding exclusively (no formula, no solids) you can choose the option that says 'exclusively' and add it to your food diary, and it will bump up your calorie goal by 500 calories to account for that added energy needed for breastfeeding. You have to do this every day, but after a couple of times it starts showing up in your 'most used' list so that it's quick and easy to add. And when baby starts taking some solids or formula and not nursing quite as much, you can start choosing the 'breastfeeding - mom of older baby' option which adds only 300 calories onto your goal. Hope that helps. :-)
  • peachypie1984
    peachypie1984 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi mammas!!! I'm new to MFP, just signed up tonight! I'm exclusively breastfeeding my 4 month old son (who is a HUGE pig... he's 19 lbs and turns 4 months on Sunday!). I'm looking to lose these last 10 lbs. I'm 150 lbs and 5'10 and pre-pregnancy I was 140. 135 would be my super ideal but I don't know how possible that is while BFing, I think I'll wait till I'm done nursing him to lose those last 5 unless they come off easily somehow with what I"m doing.

What I'm doing- Going to start using MFP pretty religiously; Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (just started yesterday, so I'm on day 2, ouch!!). I'm not going to really diet much but I think just knowing how many cals are in each food from being on MFP will probably help me not to eat such bad things anymore.