T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM ~~> Week 15!

Replies

• DWray- sorry to hear you’re not pregnant. The Lord knows the perfect timing for these things. Enjoy being pampered!

Li4g – sounds like you burned a lot of calories at the gym, you go girl! Your menu sounds delicious but I could not eat that much food. I ate a bowl of homemade chilli (slimfast recipe), a garden salad and a small dinner bun. For the first time I felt full before I even finished!!! What’s with that?
    I agree with CM (sorry the time to quit smoking can be now) but you have to do what you are ready to commit to and be able to succeed. It’s a big step. p.s. very cute kitties!

Adopt4 – I too feel frustrated that the scale does not move down fast enough. I feel I work hard but have kept very close track of my eating and realized the little extras here and there add up to no pounds lost for another week. I rationalized it away until this month. That was my problem. BUT I have been using the measuring tape and have lost 2 inches around the middle – that’s why the pants are fitting better. I guess in the long run it’s all good and healthy – whether it’s lbs or inches.

Cyndeebee – I admit I am a scale hopper too. Right now it is keeping me on track to work harder that day if the scale has gone up. I know that we have to remember the big picture and 1 or 2 lbs in a week is awesome, so it can’t go down every day, even if we want it to.

My good news for the day is another 30 sec. off my time (16:36) for 1.5 miles in 15 minutes! I time myself about every 3 weeks and it keeps getting better. I nearly DIED to stay on the treadmill but am so proud of myself and proud I pushed past what I THOUGHT I could do. My mind is my biggest obstical these days. Guess it shows that all the cardio I do outside is helping! :cry: :cry: (sweat)

Good night all!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Aww! Sooo cute, those babies.

A three-way!

Kristi stayed up too late last night and had to get up early. But I didn't tell you :noway:

I am so gonna kick yer butt.
  • stillkristi
    Hello, everyone. Sorry to have been so distant. I have had a lot going on. Eating has been going well, very good, in fact. Exercise, is like last week - a few minutes here and there, not getting up to a good burn, and not getting to really try out my HRM. :grumble: :grumble:

More tomorrow, I am beat tonight. Or, rather, this morning.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Good morning, everyone.
    I was awake at 5:30 a.m. today, because I slept on the couch. Since I'm not married...no...I didn't get sent there as a punishment...:laugh:
    I put myself there, because I painted my bedroom window yesterday. My room stinks! I have to give it another coat today, so more stinky-poo. Another night on the couch.
    I'm becoming an expert at small renovations. I also took on the major job of replacing the bathroom floor. It was hideous. Old linoleum, faded, curling up at the corners...I got fed up one day and started pulling it up.
    (Why do I always get these brilliant ideas, where I can't change my mind, and have to continue???)
    Anyway, all of my guy friends gave their unsolicited input...
    "You'll need to put in a subfloor." "You should lay down a nice wood floor. Just take up the baseboards..."
    Pshaw.
    After struggling with the idea for a few months (and putting up with a hideous, half-ripped-up floor), I finally decided to go with what I'd thought of initially.
    PEEL N' STICK!
    Guys seem to hate hearing that...
    But I'd done a kitchen floor that way before, and it worked for me.
    So...Yesterday, I bought my tiles ($16 worth of tiles), and I started it last night.
    It's going to look amazing. And...I'm going to work on it today, and put it in as an hour of vigorous housework...
    This afternoon, I have to go and put in 2 hours at the store where I sell my stuff. My training. Shouldn't be too hard...since I was a Retail Manager in my previous job...
    (And once I really get my foot in the door, the first thing on my agenda is to talk them into changing that display window more often than once a month...Sheesh...One of the biggest selling features...)
    Anyway, those are my plans for the day. It's beautiful outside already.
    Feels like a very positive day here.
    Wishing the same for all of you!
    (LI4G...How do you put pictures up here???)
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    I have an issue.. I went to the Dr. yesterday for a little issue I have had since the weekend. He said no exercising until it is gone as walking or any form or exercise will irritate it even more.. So I can't exercise for at least the rest of the week .. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do??? Should I just take the week off and eat healthy?? He doesn't even want me to do crunches as it puts pressure on the area.. I'm frustrated... I'm supposed to stay off my feet at least until the bleeding stops.. Oh its painful.. Anyways, any ideas would be great.. I am going to try to stay within 1300 calories....

LI4G the babies are so cute.. Mine are still terrorists... The squirt bottle is helping a bit... My Vet won't fix them till they are at least 5 months old.. Hoping to get it done a little sooner.. But never the less they are are babies for now..

Back to the DR. he said my highest weight last Nov was 232 and he was very happy with my current weight... I go back in a few weeks and am hoping to have lost some more... Well I gotta run.. I'm going to stop at the Sprint store and return this Instinct phone, it is the worst phone I've ever had...

Everyone have a good day...

Anita
  • cyndeebee
    Anita...

I would take it easy this week, get your physical health back on track. Go with what you said - eat healthy...
    Depending on where the problem is, you might want to lift arm weights (soup cans?) while you're sitting. Deep breathing exercises are also good. Remember isometrics? You tense, then relax, a particular part of the body. Not too stressful, but helps a bit with muscle tone.

Speedy recovery!

On a very sad note...Here in Canada (and only about 1 1/2 hours from where I live), most people have been waiting to hear some news about a little girl who went missing, 6 weeks ago today. It's been all over Facebook, the news, and a lot of speculation about the family, etc. They had a video of the little girl - Tori Stafford - walking with an unidentified woman on the day she went missing.
    Today, on the news, a couple have been arrested. The woman is 18, the man 28. They're charged with abduction and murder. The police are now looking (based on information given by the female suspect) for young Tori's body. The most horrible news is that it was an "opportunistic crime" - Tori was abducted for sexual purposes.
    A lot of people in Canada are crying today. This is unimaginable evil.
    So those of us who have children...Hold your children a little closer. We do live in a world that has way too much evil.
    And keep Tori's family in your thoughts and prayers. They've been through so much for the past 6 weeks, and I can't imagine how you'd get through something as tragic as this terrible outcome.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Blah day. Last night I over ate, it's like I had a hole I was trying to fill - didn't eat bad stuff, a bowl of Kix, with milk, some trail mix - but none of it satisfied. I am proud to report that the chocolate bar in my freezer is STILL in my freezer, unopened, although I looked at it for awhile last night... it seems my TOM day of eating has switched from before my period to during... strange.

Anyway, need some help to get motivated, here, guys! Also I'm tired, that stupid (but wonderful) nap meant I couldn't go to sleep on time and I'm TIRED this morning! I just want to crawl back into bed and not go to the gym or do anything today!!!

And i went way over on sodium, so i'm REALLY retaining water, feel like the pillsbury dough boy today. I know it's water weight, I practically slosh when I walk...

I need encouragement! Or a kick in the butt! Somethin'! Please!
  • nitag
    Blah day. Last night I over ate, it's like I had a hole I was trying to fill - didn't eat bad stuff, a bowl of Kix, with milk, some trail mix - but none of it satisfied. I am proud to report that the chocolate bar in my freezer is STILL in my freezer, unopened, although I looked at it for awhile last night... it seems my TOM day of eating has switched from before my period to during... strange.

Anyway, need some help to get motivated, here, guys! Also I'm tired, that stupid (but wonderful) nap meant I couldn't go to sleep on time and I'm TIRED this morning! I just want to crawl back into bed and not go to the gym or do anything today!!!

And i went way over on sodium, so i'm REALLY retaining water, feel like the pillsbury dough boy today. I know it's water weight, I practically slosh when I walk...

I need encouragement! Or a kick in the butt! Somethin'! Please!

Swift kick in the butt for Adopt4, but no kicking my butt back.. It has an owie :grumble:

And stay away from the chocolate bar..

There did that help??? :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know why the TOM effects us all like it does.. I am soo hungry when it happens and I need chocolate.. I usually treat myself to a couple hershy kisses and that seems to help...
  • nitag
    Anita...

I would take it easy this week, get your physical health back on track. Go with what you said - eat healthy...
    Depending on where the problem is, you might want to lift arm weights (soup cans?) while you're sitting. Deep breathing exercises are also good. Remember isometrics? You tense, then relax, a particular part of the body. Not too stressful, but helps a bit with muscle tone.

Speedy recovery!

On a very sad note...Here in Canada (and only about 1 1/2 hours from where I live), most people have been waiting to hear some news about a little girl who went missing, 6 weeks ago today. It's been all over Facebook, the news, and a lot of speculation about the family, etc. They had a video of the little girl - Tori Stafford - walking with an unidentified woman on the day she went missing.
    Today, on the news, a couple have been arrested. The woman is 18, the man 28. They're charged with abduction and murder. The police are now looking (based on information given by the female suspect) for young Tori's body. The most horrible news is that it was an "opportunistic crime" - Tori was abducted for sexual purposes.
    A lot of people in Canada are crying today. This is unimaginable evil.
    So those of us who have children...Hold your children a little closer. We do live in a world that has way too much evil.
    And keep Tori's family in your thoughts and prayers. They've been through so much for the past 6 weeks, and I can't imagine how you'd get through something as tragic as this terrible outcome.

Thanks Cyndee.. I am going to call him and ask about weights if I am sitting on the ball. I have a hemoriod.. Sorry I know TMI but thats all it is and it sucks.. I've only had one before years and years ago after I had my daughter so this is sooo unusual. I sat on cold cement on Friday night and the Dr. said that can actually cause them, this I didn't know.. i thought it was a pressure thing. But since its bleeding he really wants me to take it easy..

I am reading about that little girl right now.. it's so sad.. People are sick, so sick and stuff like that just ruins my day...
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76

LI4G...Good luck with the Benefiber. If you're into vitamins and such, fish oil capsules are also good for keeping the digestive system on track. Plus...They're good for your heart. Omega 3 and all that...

Thanks Cyndee- I already take my multivitamin, cinnamon & the fish oil every day. At first the fish oil made me go, but not anymore. I think Im gonna talk to the nurtitionist about how many I should take. They are 1g gel caps and I take 1 a day. Not sure if I need to up that or not but I didnt think about that until you said something! So Thanks!! Will put that on my list of questions for tomorrow's meeting with him.

Dwray- Sorry your TOM showed up. Practicing at the baby making is fun tho so keep tryin if yer ready :wink: Im past that stage, but I still keep track of my TOM using a free tracker called Fertilityfriend.com. Ive used it since my 2nd month on MFP and it gives me an idea of when TOM is gonna show up so I can not freak out at the water weight....:laugh: Would totally be helpful if your trying to get preggie.

Thanks! I checked out that site today, and think I'm going to use it. My TOM has always been like clockwork, that's what got me so freaked out this time! Oh well, just have to keep trying!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Cyndee- I did that peel-n-stick floor in my kitchen years ago and liked it. Just make sure ya get it good and stuck and tight together so water doesnt seep in between the cracks when ya wash it. Otherwise, You'd never know it was done that way! Great job getting things accomplished!!

Nitag- I have had those off and on since my youngest was born. Listen to the doctor and take some time off from working out. Once its better, you shouldnt have to worry about it again, just give it a chance to go back to normal. Those dang things are painful!! I feel for ya!

Well, adopt4 and I went to the gym this morning. Did the body+abs class for a change of pace. Lots of squats, lunges and some hand weight exercises. It was all her idea last night, so if she gets sore...(hehe) she cant blame me!! :tongue: The class was really good and I was proud to have made it the whole class. I had trouble with doing a couple of the moves... the wallsit with weights (i find it hard without the weights added in!) and this one move where you sit on your butt legs out in front, knees slightly bent and with your hands on the floor (fingers facing forward) you have to lift yourself off the floor and dip back down. I probably woulda been fine if we hadnt already worked the triceps area out, but that pushed it too much so I just sat there... LOL Otherwise, it was great and Id like to do more of it. I told her "Dang, I need a nap now" after we were done.. :laugh: I burned 940 calories in an hour according to my HRM. Veddy cool!!!

Got home and have the rugrats today so Im just doin some laundry and cleaning house. Trying not to sit around cuz I know if I do, I'll either a.) take a nap or b.) get stiff, so I may take the kids for a short walk to the park once the baby wakes up from his nap. We'll see how much motivation I have after lunch time.. :laugh:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    yeah yeah, blame ME for doing something different! LOL i've been wanting to try out different classes at the gym, shake things up, actually the elliptical has gotten pretty easy, i can't really up the resistance much more because it can hurt my knee... and i can't run because my knee is sore from the other stuff I"m doing... so trying out some classes. it was hard not to look at each other and laugh from time to time,though.... just like in jr high school! ha!

thanks for the kick in the butt, btw. so far so good today, did my workout, did some cleaning/decluttering upstairs... so far haven't given into the nap temptation....
  • cyndeebee
    All this talk of naps is making me sleepy...:yawn:

And I finished most of the floor today, so maybe that's part of it.
    Now I have to fill in a few spots, do the edges...The hard part.

But it will wait until tomorrow.
  • LosingIt4good
    No nap for me and no walk until at least after dinner. 3 rugrats here and only 1 single stroller.
    Its all good, they are keeping me running around so at least I cant get sore. I sat for a bit when the baby was down and was like "oh oh ow oh ow" when i got back up. Im scared to sit now for any length of time. LOL My inner thighs are singin at me already. Im sure tomorrow will be interesting... thank god its a rest day for me.. :laugh: (I feel like such a whiner)
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Hi im sorta new here was on the site in jan did great went thru a rough patch personally and regained what i had lost and then some so im ready to get back and was wondering if i could join the team??
  • jodazary - Welcome! Yes you are welcome to join us. We weigh in on Fridays but you can do it whenever. Some of us like to post daily because it keeps us more accountable for the food and exercise. If you need some encouragement, just ask - we are here for anyone who tries hard every day.

adopt4 - sounds like you are feeling better after the workout this morning? :smile: Remember the big picture - you are doing awesome!!!!!

Anita - rest and get better soon:flowerforyou:

Li4g - Sorry to hear about sore muscles. You're right - keep moving tomorrow too :drinker:

I had a delicious salmon and veggies supper. I am 400 calories over but need a day off of the gym, what do I do?
  • LosingIt4good
    Jodazary- Welcome aboard!! Tell us a little more about you ..What do you like to do for exercise?

Healthymom- 400 over on a day off from the gym. Well, either chalk it up or go for a walk. Thats about all ya can do. Listen to what your body is sayin. If its tired take a day off, 400 cals isnt gonna make a big difference.

Im not too sore now. It could be worst. I feel like I got something accomplished today and my muscles are all alive now. Its a great feeling, noticing muscles that you dont feel all the time. All those squats & lunges have my inner thighs feeling it right now when I get up from sitting. I think It was just more painful earlier because I havent felt those in a while, even with the wogging so I really wasnt sure what to expect (im such a wimp) and usually things dont start to hurt until about 24 hours later...not 2 :laugh: So its good to know what to do to target my inner thighs cuz the rest of my legs are great from the elliptical and the wogging so I can work on that more. My abs feel fine, firmer but not sore, we'll see how they feel after 24 hours.. :happy:

Tomorrow is off day from gym but I am gonna take a good walk at some point. Not much on the agenda. More cleaning and might get ambitious and clean my family room carpet IF i can afford to. THings are pretty tight right now. Ex is being a douche and hasnt paid child support for 3 months now.. so the purse strings are pretty scrawny.. :angry:
  • stillkristi
    Hi, gang!

I have missed you! I have had about a week of crazyness! I am eating well, and today, I finally got to put the HRM to the test with a full workout. During my weight routine, I burned 720 calories in 32 minutes. I do have a question: It says I had 11.4 minutes in the zone, 21 seconds below the zone and 21 minutes above the zone. So, obviously, I need to change what I am doing so I get in the zone better. The question is - what are the ramifications of being above the zone?

You know, my week has been really crazy, but I am really loving it! I feel so great! Work has been very intense, but wonderful. Personal stuff, same thing. In one of my groups today, one of the guys said, "you know, these problems I am having right now aren't a big deal, because I for the first time, I am dealing with them with a clear head." Thats how I feel. Clear headed!

Jodazary- welcome! Yer gonna love this group!

Everyone, I will be so glad when this audit is over at work~ til then, I am sort of a minimalist.. But, I am doing great, as I mentioned! Take care!

:happy: Kristi:yawn:
  • cyndeebee
    Welcome, jodazary!

Good morning, all.
    More flooring to do today. Maybe. I'm paying for yesterday's big rush of energy. Bruises. Sore, scraped elbows - I'm not sure how I did that...

LI4G...That sucks about the child support. Do they have a "system" in the U.S.? My ex used to be very late with his child support, but then they initiated the Family Support Program in Canada. It took collection of child support out of the recipicent's hands. Instead, the payees had to remit directly to a government agency...and if they got more than 2 months behind, they couldn't renew their driver's licence...plus it would come out of any government cheque...like Income Tax or Employment Insurance...pensions.
    Wow! That sure changed a lot of lives! My ex thought he would be crafty, so he stayed just 2 months behind (so he thought), but they caught up with him at the end. My son finished college, my ex thought he was off the hook, but then he got turned down for licence renewal. Huh? Turns out he had to pay those arrears, or the government would continue to haunt him.
    So now, in Canada, there's no such thing as being in arrears for child support...because they'll get you...one way or another. Such a big burden off the shoulders of the parents struggling to make ends meet and raise children.

I've got to get out and do a bit of shopping today. I was under in calories yesterday, but over in sodium. It's because I didn't eat enough fruits and vegetables...

Have a good day everyone.
  • nitag
    Jodazary- Welcome aboard!! Tell us a little more about you ..What do you like to do for exercise?

Healthymom- 400 over on a day off from the gym. Well, either chalk it up or go for a walk. Thats about all ya can do. Listen to what your body is sayin. If its tired take a day off, 400 cals isnt gonna make a big difference.

Im not too sore now. It could be worst. I feel like I got something accomplished today and my muscles are all alive now. Its a great feeling, noticing muscles that you dont feel all the time. All those squats & lunges have my inner thighs feeling it right now when I get up from sitting. I think It was just more painful earlier because I havent felt those in a while, even with the wogging so I really wasnt sure what to expect (im such a wimp) and usually things dont start to hurt until about 24 hours later...not 2 :laugh: So its good to know what to do to target my inner thighs cuz the rest of my legs are great from the elliptical and the wogging so I can work on that more. My abs feel fine, firmer but not sore, we'll see how they feel after 24 hours.. :happy:

Tomorrow is off day from gym but I am gonna take a good walk at some point. Not much on the agenda. More cleaning and might get ambitious and clean my family room carpet IF i can afford to. THings are pretty tight right now. Ex is being a douche and hasnt paid child support for 3 months now.. so the purse strings are pretty scrawny.. :angry:

douche, I love that word I really do and use it often to describe my husbands ex-wife... About the Child Support, that sucks. My hubby pays it and it comes directly from his paycheck and that makes it nice. We don't have to worry about it and we know it's getting paid. Even though he is considered a Seasonal Worker they adjusted it so it doesn't go behind when he is not working - he pays more but that's okay. It works out in the long run... He also pays it to a Clearing House in AZ that then sends it to her, isn't there a way you can get his checks garnished?

Today is another off day for me.. Dr. said no exercising till Monday PERIOD. I think I might do some arms but other than that I am a no go for a few more days, I can't even walk or I feel it getting irritated. Painful to even stand... Damn it sucks getting old...

I miss Sheila.. I hope she is having a great time...

Kristi I miss talking to you.. I am enjoying a cup of coffee right now thinking about you... mmmmmmmm coffee...

4 day weekend here for me.. My daughter and her family, my ex and his girlfriend and her child and an old high school friend are all coming to stay with me for the weekend. I'm excited. It will be a busy weekend but that's okay.. Beer and BBQing is the plan, I don't drink anymore so I am good to go..

My issue, laminate floors, I hate them, do I wash them before I have the company or do I just dust mop and clean the rest of the house and not be a freak about my floors??? Let the babies have a good time and not worry about people taking off shoes ect.. I seriously have OCD when it comes to a clean house..

Well I am off to surf the web and then get ready for work..

Nita