Bring your crockpot/slow cooker recipes

Replies

• leslielightfoot
    leslielightfoot Posts: 34 Member
    i made this the other day and served with rice and enjoyed. the whole family liked it. I plugged in the det's and it worked out to approx 260 cal serving and then the rice is extra. Not bad served with a side of roasted brussel sprouts.

http://mmmcafe.blogspot.com/2010/01/honey-sauced-chicken.html

Next time I would add more onion.
  • smkjohnson
    smkjohnson Posts: 2 Member
    bump
  • gj4man
    gj4man Posts: 52 Member
    BM
  • Middle of summer or not .... roast beef in in the cooker as we speak. I just love a Sunday roast (no matter the weather) and never thought of doing one in the crock pot before.

Bring on dinner (and our 36 celcius day)
  • bump!
  • vittix
    vittix Posts: 84 Member
    bump
  • bump to read tomorrow
  • mistylee0104
    mistylee0104 Posts: 95 Member
    bump
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    bump
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Bump
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    My MS Diet requires: no gluten, no dairy, no legumes, no red meat, and no refined sugar. To top it off I am allergic to tomatoes!!!

But this is a yummy chicken stew that conforms to all my requirements!

Chicken Stew

boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    onion, chopped
    celery chopped or celery salt
    baby carrots
    salt (omit if you use celery salt)
    black pepper
    thyme
    water to cover chicken
    whole grain brown rice

Amounts can vary depending on how much you want to make and the size of your crockpot. I cook everything together except the rice, then using 2 forks shred the chicken. Add cooked brown rice about 1/2 hr before serving. This freezes well and I usually make a very large pot full and freeze some for later.
  • silverfox678
    silverfox678 Posts: 84 Member
    Bump...
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    One whole onion, sliced into rings
    One whole chicken, cut up
    One to two bulbs garlic, separate cloves (you will have between 20-30 cloves)
    Salt and pepper
    Paprika
    1 TB Olive oil

Layer onion on bottom of crock pot. Rub chicken pieces lightly with olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Put cloves of garlic on top (leave some with their skins, some without).

Cook on low for 8+ hours or high 5-6. You will get fall off the bone chicken with a slight sweet taste from the roasted garlic. I serve this the first night with veggies or potatoes. Then take the leftover chicken, skin it and shred it. Now you have chicken for chicken salads, taco salads, enchiladas, tacos, soups, etc. And it's cheap!

Definitely gona try this... Sounds yummy. Have you ever tried with boneless?
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    slow cooker is my bff!!!!!!!! I've made apple butter in there, whole chickens, then the next day chicken soup, blackbean turkey chili, etc. I just don't really have recipes. I pull one online and then tailor it to my tastes. www.skinnytaste.com and www.skinnyms.com both have great slow cooker recipes.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    This is by far my most asked about recipe! Anyone who has tried it has raved everytime I see them!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-taco-soup/detail.aspx

SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TACO SOUP
  • Check out skinnytaste.com! There's a bunch of crockpot-recipes. I made the Ham and Beans last night, very good! :)
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    bump
  • brookiemo
    brookiemo Posts: 15 Member
    bump
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    saving this for later. I have a crock pot that's getting no love!
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    bump