T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 16

adopt4
adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
New members always welcome! Come check us out and introduce yourself!

New thread starts each week on Fridays in the motivation and support category. A link to the new thread will be provided at the end of the previous weeks thread.

Name~ Start Weight/ Goal Weight/ Current Weight/ total weeks Loss or gain amount

Name- Start BMI/ Current BMI/ total loss or gain this week.

Replies

• adopt4
    dwray SW/GW/CW: 275/180/262 loss of 3 lbs since last weigh in
    manda1111SW 198/ GW 135/ CW 178 = 2lbs loss no longer obease!!!!!!
    cyndeebee SW136 / GW 115 / CW: 131.6 lost 1 pound (cyndee, we round up unless its a gain!)
    stillkristi: SW 461 / GW 195 / CW 405 = 14 pound loss. (See, not really possible)

cyndeebee CBMI: 24.1
    stillkristi SBMI 66.1

I'm not registering mine this week, I'm over sodiumed and it says I gained 3 pounds. Not very dang likely!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Kelli thanks for starting things. I don't know why we all sit and wait for you to start things. We all should be able to pitch in and help. Sorry! And, again thanks!

And Cyndi, thanks for all you do, too.

AND CMR - if you are lurking. Thanks.
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    Hi everyone.

cherylmac62 SW/GW/CW 149/125/145= 4 lbs lost
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Hi,
    I couldn't find the thread this moring.

SW 198, GW 135, CW 178 = 2lbs loss
    Also I an no longer obease!!!!!

I have a great week!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    dwray SW/GW/CW: 275/180/262 loss of 3 lbs since last weigh in
    cyndeebee SW136 / GW 115 / CW: 131.6 lost 1 pound (cyndee, we round up unless its a gain!)
    stillkristi: SW 461 / GW 195 / CW 405 = 14 pound loss. (See, not really possible)
    nitag: SW 220/GW 145/CW 187 - 2 lbs loss...
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Up 2 lbs. NO COMMENT!!!
    :grumble: :angry:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Soooo sorry I didnt start the thread this AM. Thank you for getting it going adopt4!!!!! :)

I stayed up wayyy to late last night (1:30am) baking mini german chocolate cakes for adopt4's hubby's b-day cake. I only had one pan and each tiny cake took 35 minutes + cooling time in the pan and I had to make 4 of them.

THEN...I admit, I completely FORGOT to start the thread this AM because I totally didnt think today was FRIDAY, even tho yesterday was Thursday and tomorrow is Saturday. LOL!! DUH!

Anyway.... thats what too much sugar does to me... makes me a space cadet!!

Here is a picture of the finished cake project that literally took me allllll day to do. Her hubby and my hubby are love thier scotch and we always BBQ, so when adopt4 and I were brainstorming about what to do, this seemed like the best option! A bottle of scotch & a HUGE hunk of meat. LOL The bottle is a quadruple layer german chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and fondant. The steak is a triple layer strawberry cake with strawberry gel filling and buttercream frosting, then layered with fondant. I laughed so hard when I finished the steak. It looks so real!! The cupcakes are strawberry with strawberry filling and the hamburger patty is german chocolate cake. (whew!)

The entire thing is edible expect for the paper label on the scotch bottle and the cupcake wrappers. :love: Dont ask how many calories... its scary.. LOL!!!

waynecake.jpg
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Fri 05/22/09 03:20 PMdwray SW/GW/CW: 275/180/262 loss of 3 lbs since last weigh in
    cherylmac62sw149/gw125/cw145 -4 lb loss
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw188.2 .2 gain
    indianagranny sbmi31.6/gbmi below29/cbmi30.4 up.1

Welcome cherylmac62. Congratulations on the weight loss. Please post and tells us a little about yourself. I am Lisa - a 50 year old granny to five in Montana. I work nights at a local distribution center.
    join in and tell us how this lifestyle change is going for you.

Congratulations to everyone who loss.

Kristi - wow - you go girl.

Adopt4 - you are doing great girl - sodium gets me too every time. I like your attitude - HANG IN
    THERE and keep up the good work. Thanks for starting the thread.

Renayeb - probably water retentiongirl - it too will go

Lulu - Enjoy your time away. I will miss you.

I am satisfied with this week. My goal was to maintain and after some disturbing news and inventory week at work .2 gain is not bad so I 'll take it. This week - I plan to up theexercising back up to normal and eating wisely. Not pushing for big numbers - just to continue to eat wisely and exercise.
  • healthymom - SW208/GW150/CW183 -2 lb loss in 2 weeks BMI 30.3-29.5=0.8 loss this month

Welcome to the new members to the thread. See ya later to those who are away. Congrats to manda no longer obese. I hit that goal this month too. Isn't it a great feeling?

Tried eating my big meal at lunch today (since I have left overs). It was easy to feel full all afternoon and only ate a small meal for supper and then went to the gym. I like that!!!! My workout was an easy one - slow and steady for 2 - 30 min. sessions. Burned 600 calories. My body feels great after 2 days off.

Nite all.
  • Soooo sorry I didnt start the thread this AM. Thank you for getting it going adopt4!!!!! :)

I stayed up wayyy to late last night (1:30am) baking mini german chocolate cakes for adopt4's hubby's b-day cake. I only had one pan and each tiny cake took 35 minutes + cooling time in the pan and I had to make 4 of them.

THEN...I admit, I completely FORGOT to start the thread this AM because I totally didnt think today was FRIDAY, even tho yesterday was Thursday and tomorrow is Saturday. LOL!! DUH!

Anyway.... thats what too much sugar does to me... makes me a space cadet!!

Here is a picture of the finished cake project that literally took me allllll day to do. Her hubby and my hubby are love thier scotch and we always BBQ, so when adopt4 and I were brainstorming about what to do, this seemed like the best option! A bottle of scotch & a HUGE hunk of meat. LOL The bottle is a quadruple layer german chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and fondant. The steak is a triple layer strawberry cake with strawberry gel filling and buttercream frosting, then layered with fondant. I laughed so hard when I finished the steak. It looks so real!! The cupcakes are strawberry with strawberry filling and the hamburger patty is german chocolate cake. (whew!)

The entire thing is edible expect for the paper label on the scotch bottle and the cupcake wrappers. :love: Dont ask how many calories... its scary.. LOL!!!

waynecake.jpg

Awesome cake!!!
  • LosingIt4good
    Dwray SW/GW/CW: 275/180/262 loss of 3 lbs since last weigh in
    cherylmac62sw149/gw125/cw145 -4 lb loss
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw188.2 .2 gain
    indianagranny sbmi31.6/gbmi below29/cbmi30.4 up.1
    healthymom - SW208/GW150/CW183 -2 lb loss in 2 weeks
    healthymom- BMI 30.3-29.5=0.8 loss this month
    Losingit4good- SW 221.4/GW 175/CW 219.2 ... lost 2 pounds over the past 2 weeks. yippie!
    Losingit4good- SBMI 30.2/ CBMI 29.7/ down .5 total at 4 weeks.

1 more week to go on the BMI challenge guys but if you wanna keep posting it, thats fine also!

Congrats amanda for getting out of the obese category!!! :drinker: Cheers to you!!!

:flowerforyou: Welcome to the club Cherylmac!!! Congrats on your loss this week!

Holy cake crumbs Kristi!!! 14lbs in 1 week?? Seriously??! What were you doing while you were away?? LOL

Renya- :grumble: drat!! This mean you had to pay in $2 to the kitty at the challenge?? What that jackpot up to now or do they tell ya?
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    I found us...YAY!
    Welcome, new members! You're going to love it here.

Holy cow...A 14 pound weight loss? I'd take it. Don't question it. Enjoy.

Yesterday was my WORST day ever, since I've joined. Besides working on the floor last week, I decided to go for a long walk (so that my sore muscles wouldn't seize up...)
    Stupid thing to do. I seem to forget that "walking away soreness" does NOT work with fibromyalgia. Instead, when you're feeling the burn, that's the cue to take it easy and put your feet up. So yesterday, I was in such incredible pain! Most of the day is a big blur. I vaguely recall eating foods with way too much sodium. Never did write in my foods in the Food Diary. We ordered panzerotti...I recall that. I think I only managed to drink one bottle of water.
    And the rest of the time, I was comatose...
    Between Thursday night and this morning, I slept about 20+ hours...

But it paid off.
    Today, I'm only slightly sore...
    And lesson learned. Until the next time...

I'm going to cheat and step on the scales today. It's always good to know your enemies...
    I figure I'll see an extra pound or two, gained yesterday during my "too much pain to care" state of mind.
    And that will, hopefully, scare me enough to get me back on track...

Happy weekend, everyone!
  • nitag
    Adopt4 I hope you guys have a great time at the party... Birthday wishes to your husband...

LI4G OMG those are cakes??? Thats good ... Really good..

Kristi, 14 lbs.. thats great.. You go girl... losses like that will have you skinny in no time and remember we are cheering you on girl.. We all love you so much.. Your my inspiration..

Lulu I miss ya.. I saw you post the other day but you need to come back daily.. Making sure I am logging in is what keeps me motivated.. Reading the posts ect.. Lets all try to stay together, it's been 16 weeks and we are family now...

I am going to go do my BMI, I didn't do it yesterday....

Everyone have a great weekend..

My BMI is 32.1 - I am still obese.. I have to be 174 to be overweight UGGGGGG
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    nitag...That's good advice, about checking in daily, because I know that the TEAM is my motivation and my strength.
    Have faith...The BMI will surely come down. We all know that hard work and determination pays off. And you've got it!

As I predicted, my scales went UP today. Likely mostly from sodium...
    So today, my diet is going to consist, mainly, of water and lemon juice. Maybe a few lettuce leaves tossed in there.
    But I'll shun meat. And prepackaged foods. I'm thinking I may indulge in Smart pasta later, but no sauce. I'll chop up tomatoes and green onions and call it my "Emergency" pasta dish.

Lovely cakes! I'm on my way over to my sister's to decorate 200+ cupcakes. I'd copy your theme, but they're going to a Music Festival at her Church tomorrow...
    Steak and Scotch might not be appropriate...
  • adopt4
    I'd copy your theme, but they're going to a Music Festival at her Church tomorrow...

:laugh:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    LI4G - AWESOME CAKES! WOW what a talent. you really do just about everything don't you?

Adopt4 - Happy Birthday wishes to the hubby. Hope your party goes swell. Relax and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Cyndybee - You are such an inspiration - keep plugging away and it will get there. I still say slow and steady is the best way. I enjoy your post.

Nitag - Girl, posting is what keeps me accountable too. I saw BMI raise this week. But determined to get it down this week. So keep going and we will get there.

Kristi - oh Kristi we miss you. If you come back - I might even drink a cup of coffee with you. And I don't drink the stuff.

DWray - hope everything went ok with the knee procedure and you are being pampered.

Lulu - hope things are going fine in Texas

Jamie - you must be super busy - missing seeing u post girl.

Renayeb - girl - u can do this! Remember the new ward robe the pot will buy when you when the contest.

Sheila - missing you girl - can't wait til u get back.

healthymom - hi

to everyone else hi - have a great holiday weekend and DRINK plenty of water.
  • nitag
    nitag...That's good advice, about checking in daily, because I know that the TEAM is my motivation and my strength.
    Have faith...The BMI will surely come down. We all know that hard work and determination pays off. And you've got it!

As I predicted, my scales went UP today. Likely mostly from sodium...
    So today, my diet is going to consist, mainly, of water and lemon juice. Maybe a few lettuce leaves tossed in there.
    But I'll shun meat. And prepackaged foods. I'm thinking I may indulge in Smart pasta later, but no sauce. I'll chop up tomatoes and green onions and call it my "Emergency" pasta dish.

Lovely cakes! I'm on my way over to my sister's to decorate 200+ cupcakes. I'd copy your theme, but they're going to a Music Festival at her Church tomorrow...

Girl you can't live off of lemon water and lettuce.. Eat some protein... You'll be nothing.. I love the smart pasta..
  • LosingIt4good
    I agree with nita.... eat some healthy stuff. Add some lean lunch meat in a lowfat tortilla with some cream cheese to your lettuce and water. You'd be surprised how low cal and tasty it is. Easy to make and filling. Give your body nutrients and it will love you for it. :wink:
  • LosingIt4good
    Thanks for the comments on the cake guys! I sure hope he likes it! :happy:

As for being multi-talented... Im pretty much one of those people that if I want to learn how to do something... I put my mind to learn how to do it and keep trying at it until I feel like Ive got it down. It also helps that my mother decorated a few wedding cakes and taught me a little about making some stuff. Altho, hers were the typical royal icing and flowers popular in the late 70's early 80's. She didnt do much after that time because she couldnt squeeze a pastry bag for several hours without her arthritis in her hand acting up. I learned how to make icing roses, how to write with it and how to pipe on different designs. Quite literally, that was about all I learned from her in the kitchen growing up. The rest came from gramma :happy:

I have been watching Ace of Cakes for a long time and love the challenge shows. TONS of very creative ideas there. Always wanted to play around with Fondant and found a youtube video about how to make my own. The first one I made was just a small 2 layer cake for the family for dessert one night. After that.. I was hooked. I made one for halloween that looked like a mummy head. It turned out way cute, then one for Shelbys b-day in December. Helped a friend make one for her hubby for his birthday . Hadnt played with it since about January cuz I had no real reason to make another one. When adopt4 told me she was doing a party, I told her I "had!" to make his cake and she was all for it so we talked about what to do. We tossed around a few ideas and I told her to look online to get some idea's then we settled on doing the bottle of scotch & the giant hunk of meat. I never in a million years thought I could pull off a cake that looked so much like a giant slab of beef in my life... but ya never know until you try and I thought I could maybe get close. I told her worst comes to worst it looks like crap and I have to make another cake. :laugh:

Id love to take some classes, but they are spendy... around $100 to get started and get the supplies for each specific class. If I thought it was something I could do all the time, I totally would go for it, but it is just a hobby for me. I couldnt stand doing all those dishes all the time.. not to mention Id have to give up on losing any more weight cuz you cant have a bad sugar tooth like me and NOT snack on the leftover frosting, cake and sprinkles...LOL!!!!

I'll have another one to share with you guys in a couple weeks. Id post what its gonna be, but morgolis will prolly be here snooping around and Its a secret. He knows Im making it, just doesnt know WHAT it is gonna be yet.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    HI guys! I was looking for the thread yesterday morning and didn't come across it. Found it today! :happy:
    I am happy to report that I didn't lose any weight and I didn't gain any weight either! I was really worried that after last weekend I would gain. So I am happy to be the exact same weight...wow, who thought I'd see that.
    I better get going, I need to head out to coach. Hope you all have great long weekend!!! :glasses: