T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 16

Replies

• cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Not to worry...I am eating. Just being really careful about the sodium.
    I made a new concoction with Smart pasta, organic vegetable broth, cherry tomatoes, green onion...
    It wasn't too bad. Over time, it might make me forget the joys of macaroni and cheese.

My sister and I frosted 150 cupcakes this afternoon. Happy to report that I didn't even sample the icing.

So far, so good with the limited sodium. My daughter went to the grocery store and got me a fresh fruit bowl for my snack later on tonight. Hoping that fills me up...

(And I did get most of my calories in. Less than 300 to go. Almost filled my protein quota...)
    Sorry if I alarmed you. I'd never go without food. I just have to make better choices...
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Not to worry...I am eating. Just being really careful about the sodium.
    I made a new concoction with Smart pasta, organic vegetable broth, cherry tomatoes, green onion...
    It wasn't too bad. Over time, it might make me forget the joys of macaroni and cheese.

My sister and I frosted 150 cupcakes this afternoon. Happy to report that I didn't even sample the icing.

So far, so good with the limited sodium. My daughter went to the grocery store and got me a fresh fruit bowl for my snack later on tonight. Hoping that fills me up...

(And I did get most of my calories in. Less than 300 to go. Almost filled my protein quota...)
    Sorry if I alarmed you. I'd never go without food. I just have to make better choices...

Girl, you got some serious willpower is you can pass up not even tasting the frosting... LOL!! Good job!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Well, I ate pretty ok all day until the cake. But hey, I had to eat some of each (german chocolate & strawberry)! it was AWESOME. And I had a little bit to drink, but not too much. Hey, it's the only bday party I've thrown him in the 13 yrs we've been married, so I got to party a little!

Everyone was amazed at the steak cake that it was cake. Too funny.

Tomorrow I"m supposed to meet the trainer at the gym. Been over on cals the past few days without going to the gym... so time to get back on the wagon. Although my ankles are really sore, like I twisted them. I didn't. And it's both of them. What's up with that??

Night, all. Have to carry my very drunk hubby to bed before he passes out on the floor (several people brought him bottles of scotch, and he had to sample ALL of them...)
  • adopt4
    OH and the traveling pants went out in the mail yesterday! Should be there in 7 days!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Hey Team I am back!!!

We had a blast!!! I have lots of pictues to share!!! but It isafter mid-night and I am kinda tierd.. just wanted to say hello and let you all know that we are back and safe!!! we took so many pictues between the three of us we have like 1000 pictues !!!! lol hubby said no more pitcures please lol

I do have to tell you the on Wed. our annivrsary we sat by the swim up bar and layed out and drank!!! did the contetes of name that tune!!! so needless to say with all the drinks and all the shots we had we passed out by 4 pm!!! got up for dinner at 8 and we were back in bed by 9!! lol and slept until morning.. we were up every day at like 5 am and in bed by 11pm almost everyday!!! it was kinda funny we tryed to stay awake but we just couldnt hang LOL we started drinking first thing Rum cream and coffee until the bar opened at 10am!! we didnt close the bar once!!! not at all lol

anyway I will share the pictures tomorrow after I get some rest....

glad to be back I missed you guys

Sheila
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hey gang, I am back also. Sheila, good to see you! Lets see those pics!

I mentioned that I had a crazy week at work, and then a house guest - picked her up late Friday after work and she left today at about 3:30. We talked all night long. (32 years - lot of catching up to do.) SO, I was beat - slept for about 5 hours this evening, and am going back to bed now.

Tomorrow, I will hopefully be back in form with a nice long post. I've missed you all. It sounds like you've been busy. Take care, friends!
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    WELCOME BACK SHEILA - WE HAVE MISSED YOU.

Kristi - We have missed you too. If I can I will join you for coffee(me - water) in the morning

Adopt4 - hey girl - you deserved this party and those cakes looked awesome.

Cyndebee - awesome awesome will power
  • julsbfit
    julsbfit Posts: 2
    :flowerforyou: I lost weight this week , didn't thank it was possible, :love:
  • cyndeebee
    Welcome back, Sheila and kristi...

Good job, julsbfit...
    Keep it up! :happy:

Don't credit me with too much willpower...(re: the cupcakes)
    We grew up with dessert after every meal, so I don't really have a sweet tooth.
    Except for chocolate...
    Chocolate is always the exception, eh?

I'm just about fully recovered from last week, so I may take a short walk today.
    And then, of course, I'll start to overdo it again this week. I know I work at the store on Monday, shopping with my sister on Thursday...
    I'm afraid to look at my week's calendar. I'm hoping that I didn't plan anything else. It would be lovely to have a week with more "rest" days than active...

Sheila...Sounds like you had a blast on vacation. I'd love to go someplace with a "swim up" bar. Maybe Canada should consider some of those...
    (Can you picture that? Bobbing around the ice floes in Hudson Bay...)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Good Morning All

got some exercising in for today - 15 minutes on the dreadmill - it is so boring - and 95 minutes of tapes. Motivation is a little brown dress I found in Avon's catologue. I really really like it but it is small. - We will see. My girl friend gave me a button down cropped jean jacket in a size 16 and it fit. Further motivation is a wedding I can go to the end od June. So help girls - tell me I can get my rear in gear and do this

Kristi - hi - coffee's ready. have you exercised yet? I will exercise with you so you can push me.

Cyndeebee - Good morning

julsbit - congratulations on the weight loss. tell us a little more about yourself

Have a good Memorial Day everyone. remembering several of those who serve today and keep us safe. If there is someone in your family, please tell them thank you for me - I truly appreciate it.
  • stillkristi
    Good morning, team. I have a little time before church, so I thought I would check in. Lisa, hi, hey no coffee for me, I am an herb tea drinker. Love to join you! We need to chat and catch up, its been a crazy week! I hope the one we are starting is going to be more back to my normal routine. I don't exercise on Sundays, thats my day of rest. It rained here last night, and is overcast this a.m. When the weather is warm, this is a lovely change up.

Well, I have a hysterical story about going to get my hair done last week. I will share it after church.

Cyndee - hang in there, girl. That fybromialgia must be really frustrating to live with. And, I am afraid that your idea for a swim up bar in Canada will never get off the ground. Sad really, because it seems like you would be able to keep your drink cool so much longer..... :laugh:
  • swignal
    Well Team here are a few of the pitcures -

This is in the Airplane on the way to Jamaica

JamaicaMay2009010.jpg

This is on the bus on the way to he Hotel

JamaicaMay2009047.jpg

This is at my husbands sisters I was steiring the pot of chicken foot soup!!

JamaicaMay2009111.jpg

This is my Mother in Law and I

[]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee105/swignal/JamaicaMay2009127.jpg[/img]

One of his sister's ( Vivian) and I

JamaicaMay2009139.jpg

The sunset in the Moutains

JamaicaMay2009160.jpg

one of the flowers

JamaicaMay2009187.jpg

This is Me, Kenroy, my cousin Suzette, our friend Dave, and suzettes son Nicholas at Our Favorite place... we spent a lot of time there LOL

JamaicaMay2009218.jpg

I almost missed him!!!

JamaicaMay2009280.jpg

This is at the gardens

JamaicaMay2009303.jpg

four of us at the Gardens

JamaicaMay2009304.jpg

This is leaving the Gardens it over looks the town of Ocho Rios Jamaica!!!!

JamaicaMay2009329.jpg

there are more I will post later going to a Detroit Tiger game right now!!!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Good Morning..

Way way to much partying for me last night. We had 25 people over for a bbq and I myself drank a whole 6 pack of Schmirnoff ice UGG> We were all just hammered and that isn't like me at all.. Now I have 5 days of damage control.. Drinking kills that whole thing..

Well I have a headache and my granddaughter is calling for me so I am outta here...
  • cyndeebee
    Wow, Sheila! Love the pictures. Keep em' coming...

I especially love those long yellow plastic glasses...Was that water you were drinking out of that???
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • stillkristi
    Hey gang, just got back from church. Gonna grab a bite of lunch and get caught up on MFP business. How is everyone?? Sheila, wow, beautiful place! Those are some fun pics. We get to take little mini vacations thanks to them, so keep em coming!

Thursday night, the strangest thing happened. Here it is: My hair dresser has started going to school during the day, so he is working afternoons and evenings in the salon. I went to see him this evening after a meeting I have that ends at 7:30. I don't have any groups on Thursdays. So, he puts color on my hair. I told him I would prefer to go a little blonder for the summer. We are talking and he is telling me of his love life problems, an ex he thought he would get back together with turns out to be still the same old guy. He was quite sad. Well, a guy he was recently seeing calls him all distraught because HE is having drama with HIS ex! So, they are talking, and I am texting a friend and then I glance in the mirror and holy doughnuts! My hair looks on fire! So, I get my hairdresser's attention, and he hustles me over to the shampoo sink. Apparently, it was a bad idea for me to ask for a color change! SO, he starts mixing color to deal with the effects of the red. Renaye you will appreciate that! His silly ex-boyfriend is blowing up his phone. I can tell he is rattled about my hair, so I am too, of course. He finally tells the crying fella on the phone, "Honey, I don't know what I can do for you. I have to fix this hair color right now. BUT - Kristi is my therapist (which I am not) and why don't you talk to her?" So, I sit and talk to this crying man in order to free up ny hair dresser to deal with my hair. I kept sitting there thinking, if my hair will just turn out some color I can live with, this will be a very funny story. Lucky, it did.

I ask you, have you ever heard of anything so stupidly crazy!!!??? Sometimes I can't believe my life.

By the way, cmriverside fell and broke her wrist. OUCH! So, pm her and cheer her up, K? Love you guys! Take care.
    :happy: Kristi
  • adopt4
    Wow great pics! And I'm kind of laughing at a bunch of us because it seems like we imbibed when we normally don't! Hubby doesn't have a hangover this morning (how is that possible??) but I do - and I only had one Mike's Hard "Light" Lemonade and a pomegranite lemonade! Probably a sugar hangover, most likely.

Kristi, I used to be a lifeguard over the summer at a camp and when I went back to work my hair was half and half - brown on the top where I wore my cap and blonde at the ponytail that stuck out of the cap in the back. So I went to the hairdresser to fix it - and it turned out red. Apparently there's a lot of red in my hair. So instead of changing it, I spent the next several years as a redhead for fun... My hairdresser cried when it happened to me, and i just laughed (it's only hair, we could have dyed over it but it didn't look bad, wasn't a crazy color of red). So I feel ya on the hair! Plus, talking to that guy on the phone, too funny!

I was supposed to go to the gym today but so far I haven't made it. Tomorrow for sure if I don't go today, but my body is enjoying the rest as is my brain today!

Good job on the weight loss, those who lost, those who didn't - keep going, you can do it!
  • swignal
    okay Team here are some more pic's

JamaicaMay2009280.jpg

JamaicaMay2009284.jpg

This is Dunns River water Falls... I was able to climb all the way to the top!!! Thanks to loosing weight...

JamaicaMay2009549.jpg

JamaicaMay2009560.jpg[img][/img]JamaicaMay2009464.jpg

more to come!!!!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Happy Memorial Day everyone!!

Sheila- you did GREAT with the pictures!! It looks like you guys were having a blast!! Im jealous of the waterfalls, they are one of my favorite things to photograph and that one you can walk up... VERY COOL! I wanna go next time...k? So make sure you buy a bag big enough to stuff me inside :laugh:

Kristi- LOL!!! @ your hairdresser! You gotta write that down and save it. Where is the pic of your new haircolor?? :wink: I wanna see!!

As for me.... I took Friday, Saturday & Sunday off from the gym and OMG..I am fighting the motivation to go today. Its bad!

Friday I spent the day doing that cake. Saturday morning I was totally gonna go, but overslept and had the little ones until 5:30pm. Once they left I went to adopt4's for the party. I was good and didnt go overboard. Had 1 Mike's hard lemonade and then stuck to my water bottle. Did have some cake, but amazingly enough didnt go over on my calories. Yesterday, I got up and got dressed to go to the gym, but I just couldnt muster the willpower. I kept thinking about all the stuff we had to get done around the house. We had another birthday party at 3pm to go to and it was already 11 by the time I was awake and alive. So we went and grabbed breakfast, then went shopping for a birthday present, then headed to the tree nursery to buy 2 tree's for the yard. By the time we got home it was 2:30 and I had to get ready for the party. I was good there exept for the 3 ranger cookies I ate. LOL I stuck to water the whole time and avoided the soda and beer. Basically, I had 3 of those cookies and a little homemade potato salad for lunch. :laugh: We walked home at 5:00 (about a 10 minute walk).... Got our 2 new trees planted and I spent the next 3 hours weeding in the front yard and cleaning up outside.

Im fighting the motivation to go to the gym today. I know if I go get it done now I'll be fine, but I also know that when I get home I have about 3 yards of barkdust to spread in the front yard and Im thinking "You should really just call that your workout today" :angry: :laugh: Then again, I may just do the barkdust and go to the gym later to sit in the jacuzzi, but Im not sure how late they are open today so I'll have to call them first. I know my back isnt gonna love shoveling all day, but my arms definitely will!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    LI4G - I am having the same issues.. No motivation and I keep telling myself I did go overboard and I need to get back on track.. My behind is much better so no excuses.. It's time to get going again.. I know I've gained 3 lbs just this weekend.. I'm super sad.. Oh well.. Today is a new day.. Off to watch the race...
  • cyndeebee
    If anyone has spare motivation today, I'll take some...