5 ways to naturally boost your metabolism

Replies

• kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    I tried to look at this link but all the words are down the left side of the screen?? :ohwell:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    I tried to look at this link but all the words are down the left side of the screen?? :ohwell:

Kingon8 - did you copy and paste the link in the address bar? I did and it worked fine for me. Great article btw! Maybe it didn't load the whole page as there is a column of stuff on the left side and then the article in the middle. It does load on page 2 so you have to go to the very bottom and click on page one to get to the beginning. HTH.
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    it must be my computer b/c there is still no article in the middle, and on yht bnottom of the page it says "error on page' if there is anything really good on there, would someone mind copying and pasting it on here for me?
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Here Ya go kingon8....

Top 5 ways to boost your metabolism naturallyHow making small changes to your lifestyle can help you boost your metabolism and lose weight.

By Dr. Joey Shulman

4 more ways to boost your metabolism
    2. Eat more protein! The hormone glucagon is released in response to dietary protein, such as egg whites, low-fat cheese, lean meats, chicken, fish and protein powder. Glucagon signals fat cells to release fat into the blood, thereby promoting its use. In other words, more fat is burned and more weight is lost when you eat more protein.

3. Say good-bye to refined grains. Products made from refined grains, such as many breads, pastas, cookies and cakes, cause most people to oversecrete the hormone insulin. Insulin has the opposite effect of glucagon. Of its many functions, insulin is secreted from the pancreas to facilitate the uptake of glucose from the bloodstream into the cells.

Glucose (a.k.a. blood sugar) is derived from carbohydrates and is the main source of fuel for the body. When too many of the wrong types of carbohydrates are consumed, such as refined white sugar and/or white flour, excess insulin is secreted to deal with the sugar. In short, excess insulin = excess fat.

4. Stick to low glycemic index carbohydrates such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains (breads and pastas) and beans. Do not be scared of eating bread! Research demonstrates very clearly that whole grains are beneficial for weight loss and the prevention of type II diabetes, colon cancer and constipation.

5. Go for green! Instead of your morning coffee, opt for some green tea. Green tea has many health benefits, from helping to fight diseases such as cancer and heart disease, to aiding in weight loss. Studies show that catechins, the antioxidants in green tea, help increase fat burning. Research also shows that green tea may lower blood sugars by inhibiting enzymes that allow the absorption of starches, and it may reduce the absorption of fat from the intestine. Typical dosage is three or four cups per day or a 300 to 400 mg capsule of green tea extract daily.

Take home point
    Your total metabolic rate is not fixed. In fact, there is a certain part of it that is flexible and when given the proper foods, hydration, exercise and supplements can rev up and help you slim down naturally. Bon appetit!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member