Confused!

I am so confused...I have tried a lot of things to make me lose weight and the ONLY thing that ever worked was cutting out my carbs....I have already made the whole grain switch but with the carb thing I lose at least 3-5 lbs per week...I have been watching what I eat since Monday and haven't lost an ounce!! what am I doing wrong...HELP!

Replies

• I am so confused...I have tried a lot of things to make me lose weight and the ONLY thing that ever worked was cutting out my carbs....I have already made the whole grain switch but with the carb thing I lose at least 3-5 lbs per week...I have been watching what I eat since Monday and haven't lost an ounce!! what am I doing wrong...HELP!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    You've been doing this for only 4 days... you have to give it time.
    Remember, you didn't gain the weight over night so don't expect to lose it over night.
    I know it can be frustrating but stick with it and you will see results.
    You should start measuring yourself too. You'll see more & faster results with the measuring.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    You've been doing this for only 4 days... you have to give it time.
    Remember, you didn't gain the weight over night so don't expect to lose it over night.
    I know it can be frustrating but stick with it and you will see results.
    You should start measuring yourself too. You'll see more & faster results with the measuring.

Yup, Joanna is right.
  • I know...I guess that is why the low carb always worked because I got quick results!

I have never done the calorie counting thing...

is there something specific that I shouldn't eat...should I cut to low-fat products?
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    My dr always tells me when I get upset that this is a marathon not a sprint!

Keep up the good work you will get there!
  • thanks for the encouragement..it is so nice to be where others feel my frustration :frown:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Hang in there....the weight loss will come in time. Just stick with it, and be TOTALLY HONEST about your calories and your exercise...and you WILL get there.
    Sending good thoughts your way....

BTW, I tried the low carb thing (didn't eat bread, pasta, or anything like that for about three months), and yes, I lost about 30 lbs, but I felt terrible. Cutting one group of foods out of the diet entirely isn't the way to go. I would rather eat SOME of what I enjoy, and lose weight more slowly....than deprive myself.:happy:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I know...I guess that is why the low carb always worked because I got quick results!

I have never done the calorie counting thing...

is there something specific that I shouldn't eat...should I cut to low-fat products?
    Try to eat as healthy as possible, low carb, low fat, low cals... there are tons of recipes to look through for breakfast, lunch & dinner... even snack ideas!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/14-recipes

We're here for you.. you CAN and WILL do this:bigsmile:

• I agree with cutting out one group isn't so good...the problem I have is that when I have the bad carbs...my cravings are so bad that I could eat my own young...LOL

How about protein shakes are they helpful for cutting down the cravings?

So is this kinda like weightwatchers?
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    I agree with cutting out one group isn't so good...the problem I have is that when I have the bad carbs...my cravings are so bad that I could eat my own young...LOL

How about protein shakes are they helpful for cutting down the cravings?

So is this kinda like weightwatchers?
    Then replace them with the good carbs.....fruit for one thing, plenty of vegetables and the whole grain and wheat is better for you then the white rice, and spaghetti, This is a healthier way to lose the weight and learn to eat properly for the rest of your life. Hang in there , because losing a couple or one pound a week is much healthier for your body. The first week my body had to adjust to it, and now I feel the rewards of feeling so much better from the better foods I am eating.:wink: