T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 16

Replies

• swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Afternoon Team -

I went to my sleep Dr. today and he asked me how things are going and I told him okay they are normal... then he goes on to tell me that I need to lose weight!!! WTF does he not read the damn chart I have lost 43 pounds since Feb !!! HELLO!!! so I got snippy with him and I said I have been losing weight I have lost 43 pounds since Feb... and I am doing the best that I can... Does he say good job keep up the good work HELL NO he says that isnt good enough you need to lose more... man I am so pissed at him right now I want to just scream...... I gues43 pounds isnt a good enough start!!!

I thought I was doing Great I went on Vacation and I didnt lose a pound but I didnt gain anything either!!! so not gaining is a good thing so I thought... man I am so pissed off.. I cant believe I am this mad.... People like him are the ones who bring us down... I need to stay strong and not let him bother me but...... I have worked so damn hard in the last few months for him to tell me its no good enough WTF....:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

The best thing about this afternoon was I recieved my Traveling pants Today !!! yippie !!!

Now that I have vented I am going to go I have my water areobics this afternoon... so I will talk to you all later this evening..

Sheila
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Sheila you are doing great. Some just don't know that what they say brings us down even if they are in the medical field.. I hope you gave him a double flip when you left... That always makes me feel better....

I just got done working out. Didn't do as much as I had hoped but my arm was hurting and I don't want to strain it again so I slowed down. I did 30 mins of Walk away the pounds express dvd and burned 329 calories.. Abs later, I need to do laundry...

Everyone have a great day...
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Morning everyone!! My motivation is back in full swing! Its such a beautiful sunny day again today and I am heading to the gym to get me a good cardio session in, then when the kids get home Im gonna drag them to the park for a nice long walk.

I stepped on the scale to see if there was any damage from the weekend cuz I had avoided it for the past week and to my pleasant surprise I am down another whole pound. Talk about a shocker!! 4 bad days in a row and talk about THRILLED not to see the scale budge in the upward direction. I guess aside from the time I spent outside working in the yard, my body just really needed the rest time and I totally drank my water over the weekend (about the only good thing I did for myself..LOL) so anything bad I ate didnt result in water gain. Its cool to see that Im finally figuring out HOW this works with my metabolism. I felt so guilty about not hitting the gym, but now...Im all good with it. Obviously my bod needed a break.

Anyway...

Sheila... dont let that stupid doctor get to you. You HAVE been doing an incredible job the past few months and we are all sooooooooo very proud of your hard work and determination. Some doctors just dont have good bedside manner when it comes to things like this. They say what they think needs to be said without actually LISTENING to thier patients. I woulda been like "hey dude... KMA, I have my goals set and WILL get there, I dont need you to tell me to lose more!" You know what needs to get done, obviously, otherwise you wouldnt be here and we are PROUD, PROUD, PROUD of you for working so hard and pushing yourself. You deserved that vacation time and just think about the next time you go, how smokin hot you'll look if you keep up what your doing now!

Nitag- Terrorist Kittens.. :laugh: How old are they now? I cant wait until mine start running around and getting playful. Altho, Opa seems lazier than the other 2, so It will be interesting to see if he stays that way or if he becomes hell on wheels too. It only lasts for a while tho. Locking them up at night is a good idea if they are that bad. We had a cat once that wouldnt shut up at night unless we left either the TV or Radio on. It was like it was just too darn quiet for him.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Happy Wednesday....Almost to the weekend! :wink:

I have a confession to make. After however long now without soda. I broke down today and had one. Yep you read that right. I drank a mt. dew (though after a couple months of no mt. dews its amazing that I remember them tasting better than it was today). I had one called a throwback, supposed to be made with natural sugar. haha. Just one can, and yes I logged it. I need caffeine today bad. I feeling overwhelmed. I have a ton of work to get done and only the rest of today and half of tomorrow to do it.

Chanty - Its so exciting that its only 4 months to the big day! Congrats!

I've read a couple people talking about making their food diaries public. That sounds like a good idea, maybe make people more accountable. Other than Li4g has anyone else done it? I'm thinking about doing it. Though I may follow Li4g and do friends only.

Well I better get back to work but I wanted to say hello and hope everyone is having a great day today! :glasses:
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Afternoon Team -

I went to my sleep Dr. today and he asked me how things are going and I told him okay they are normal... then he goes on to tell me that I need to lose weight!!! WTF does he not read the damn chart I have lost 43 pounds since Feb !!! HELLO!!! so I got snippy with him and I said I have been losing weight I have lost 43 pounds since Feb... and I am doing the best that I can... Does he say good job keep up the good work HELL NO he says that isnt good enough you need to lose more... man I am so pissed at him right now I want to just scream...... I gues43 pounds isnt a good enough start!!!

I thought I was doing Great I went on Vacation and I didnt lose a pound but I didnt gain anything either!!! so not gaining is a good thing so I thought... man I am so pissed off.. I cant believe I am this mad.... People like him are the ones who bring us down... I need to stay strong and not let him bother me but...... I have worked so damn hard in the last few months for him to tell me its no good enough WTF....:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

The best thing about this afternoon was I recieved my Traveling pants Today !!! yippie !!!

Now that I have vented I am going to go I have my water areobics this afternoon... so I will talk to you all later this evening..

Sheila

Sheila,
    You are doing great! :flowerforyou:
    I am annoyed at your doctor as well! Doctors are the ones who say you should lose weight in healthy way to keep it off. Ugh. :grumble:
    Let's look at it this way: If you use the full month of Feb and May thats roughly about 10lbs a month! That is AWESOME and we are all so proud of you! :happy:
    Ignore that doctor and keep up the great work woman!!!! :happy:
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Sheila...Very uncouth of your doctor not to recognize your great achievement. Maybe he couldn't praise you up because he doesn't get the credit for inspiring you. You did that...all by yourself! You have been amazing here. And in the end, you'll be successful because this is what YOU want to do...for YOU.
    (I don't think that most doctors really think about what they're saying. My family doctor told my son, years ago, that he'd never be "average" or thin, because it's not in his genetics. My son was 17 at the time, and he still carries a defeatist attitude regarding his weight. Did my doctor intend to put my son into this frame of mind? Not likely...But doctors are revered. We tend to treat them like they know better than us...and that's not always true...)

I get to claim at least an hour's vigorous housework today. :happy:
    I just finished rearranging the storage closet. Took me most of the day. So I got in my exercise for today AND made my house look purtier...

I haven't checked anyone else's Food Diaries yet, but I made mine public. Do I want to snoop into your personal eating habits? Damn skippy, I do. Might give me some new ideas...

My metabolism kicked into gear this past week. Either that, or I'm learning not to "graze" so much in the evenings.
    Whatever the reason...I'm happy. I know it's not Friday yet, but I've lost over a pound so far this week. When I finally get below the 130 mark, you'll hear the cries of joy all the way from Clinton, Ontario...

Going to drink water now...
  • nitag
    Jamie my food diary is supposed to be viewable now.. Let me know if you guys can't see it..

LI4G I think the kittens are about 9 or 10 weeks... I can't really remember with all the lack of sleep... They seem to be pretty playful right when we turn out the lights... Today they have been sleeping a lot and when ever I notice them asleep I wake them up.. But they are paying me back so they are locked in the back bathroom till I am done doing what I need to get done.. They have toys, scratching posts and stuff to entertain them but yet they are still jumping on me when ever I walk by.. I don't always have the squirt bottle with me... I am glad you have your motivation back... Mine is coming back slowly I guess...

Off to finish laundry...
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Sheila, crap, that sucks! I hate when that stuff happens. Here is what I do. I think to myself, "well, (insert name of jerk here) when I have lost all this weight you will still be a (insert particularly fitting epitaph here.) Then, let it fly. You know what you have done, you know how much better you feel, you know where you are at in this journey. Let the haters say what they will, we are going to do this. No, wait - WE ARE doing this! Hang in there.

Lisa - well, sometimes we have days like this, don't we? Its ok. You will get through it - you always do, right? Hang in there.

Cyndee, cool that the old metabolism is kicking in. I have experienced that recently myself, it is amazing!! I feel like a kid again. Pretty darn cool.

Nita, darned if you do and darned if you don't! Good luck with your kitties.

Healthymom, I have been meaning to say for a while that you look marvelous! Absolutely marvelous. I remember your av when I first came on in February - very different! You must be very proud.

Li4G, good to see you back in the swing - though you are never really out.

Jamie, Mtn Dew, huh. Dr. Pepper would be my drug of choice in that direction. And, at times, it does call. Good luck with your month end stuff. I got that coming up too. Seems like it never gets any better. Oh well, job security, right?

Adopt4, how are you doing today? Hope all is well. Thanks for everything!

Lulu, you too! You are pretty darned encouraging. Not to mention funny and helpful. I hope things are going well in Texas. Girls gotta get back to her gaters!

Renay, oh well, chip in your two bucks and back in training. Not a big deal. You are still in the game.

Everyone else, I am out of time - am at work. Gotta go. Take care!
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Well Gang I did it - got in a little exercise today - not enough, but shows me on the humid nights at work I can still exercise that next morning at home. I will build from here on my work days. I got a very bad earache right now - so much at times my balance is off - don't know what is up there. I will be sharing my food diary with you guys starting this weekend hopefully. It will make me more accountable and I will have to log a whole lot different than what I do. On days I work, my breakfast is sometimes my supper - my supper my breakfast. Feel free to call me on anytghing when I get it visible.

Sheila - Girl you are doing fantastic and you will continue doing fantastic. Take what the doctor says as being his way of not being able to take the credit for what you did without him. To go on vacation and have no gain is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So get back into the swing of things and keep those posts coming.

healthymom - thank you for your post this morning. it may have been the push to get in the exercising I did today. I do want to be healthy and need to get in the exercising to do it. I can eat right, drink my water while these days at work have hit but I need to get in the exercising to get it all done. Started small today - 22 minutes aerobics 5 minutes treadmill - but will aim for better as the days at work get hotter. Humidity drains me.

LI4G - glad to see your motivation return WTG GIRL. Now push some this way. I love the pictures of the kitten. Can't wait to see the next pictures of the cakes that are coming.

Lulu - Water is one thing I do get in at work when the humid hot days hit. I will learn to get the exercising in with you gals pushing.

Adopt4 - hope everything is okay your way

Cyndeebee - I am so proud of you. Hey long time ago I could of hired you as a tile layer. We ran a carpet/tile floor for business and always needed people to install it for other people.

Jamie - getting to be quite a traveler. Are you flying to Ohio?

Kristi - Ya I will make it through these days but I have needed you all before to push me through it and I guess just wanted that extra push. Love you all for putting up with me.

DWray44 - hoping you are doing fine and those arms are developing!

to all the others hi and to all Good Night. Gotta roll to work. Hope this is my last night this week and we don't have to work Thursday night to catch up
  • LosingIt4good
    OK, so I didnt hit the gym this morning, but I am going tonight. Decided since it was all warm and sunny that a good swim would feel good on the sunburn, so Im off to do laps in the pool after dinner.

I did manage to get to Lowes and get the barkdust to finish up the area's I needed to. Also rented a carpet steam cleaner so I could clean the downstairs carpets and got that done. They look much better and I already returned it to Lowes. Folded about 4 loads of laundry and got it put away (up and down the stairs with multiple piles of clothes) and swept the floors too. So, I got some stuff accomplished today.

I have the 1 year old for the next couple days. Thats gonna be fun. Somehow on Friday I have to keep her, the 6 month old i watch and the 4 year old I watch entertained while making my FIL's cake. :grumble: thats gonna be a blast! :laugh:

Anyway, I threw dinner on the grill. Have to go change around my food log for the day, but it shouldnt make much of a difference.

Back later gaterz!
  • LosingIt4good
    LMAO i had to share this. I was gonna use it for Friday's thread but its sorta gross and didnt want it on the front of our team page all week long.

It just seemed to fit the week....

motivation.jpg
  • nitag
    I blew it today you guys.. I really blew it.. I had a plan and I didn't stick with it... I did exercise but then I got stressed and ate everything in sight... I am not going to dwell on it.. I am going to think ahead and plan for tomorrow.

Kristi how the heck do you remember to post and say something to all of us. I love you..

Indianagranny you too.. You remember everyone...

I have a bad memory... But I think of all of you..
  • LosingIt4good
    OK.. as promised, pictures of the yard...

First... the front yard...
    frontyard.jpg

Then along the fence....(this whole area was last weekends project when I got burnt)
    frontside.jpg
    frontsidewalk.jpg

Las summer we poured this area for RV parking (we dont own an RV..lol) Its now used by the little kids to ride bikes and do sidewalk chalk since it is fenced in. We park the truck back here also to make more room in the driveway. Thats the fish pond in the background.
    RVParkingNDeck.jpg
    playarea.jpg

After you go up the steps onto the deck, this is what you see. 1100sq ft of wood decking that morgolis built on to the house himself. (yes he comes in handy sometimes..LOL)
    Looking to the East tward the yard... Lots of margarita's drank in that swing!!
    SwingNdeck.jpg

Looking back to the west...
    deck.jpg

And from the side yard....
    deckhouse.jpg

The retaining wall we had built out of recycled driveway cement the first year we were here.
    backyard3.jpg

and looking at it with the rest of the top of the yard....
    backyard4.jpg
    backyard.jpg
    backyard2.jpg

Behind the 1st wall....Irises, Blueberries, Strawberries, Lilacs
    irises.jpg
    blueberriesNstrawberries.jpg

Also my Zucchini's....they are little now, but in a month will be huge and hanging over the side of the wall, they are in the bottom left corner. Behind the upper wall I have lemon cucumbers and yellow squash planted with room for 1 big pumpkin plant which is getting planted from seed this weekend, we also have a crabapple tree up there. The wall steps up again and behind that is a truckload of green, yellow and red bell pepper plants, Chives and nasturutums (edible flowers)
    upperwall.jpg

And last but not least... my raised garden boxes with my 4 Tomato plants, Leaf Lettuce, sweet peas & pole beans growing it the first one, and broccoli, asparagus & radishes growing in the 2nd. The 2 small containers in the front are strawberries and the big black tub is my giant rosemary bush Ive had since the first year we moved in.
    garden2009.jpg

And that...is my yard that has taken 6 years to get into 1 piece! :happy:
  • nitag
    That is so beautiful LI4G...

Mine is still a work in progress.. NOTHING like yours... So pretty...
  • Indianagranny – you’re welcome, for the push to exercise. I will let you know what day I will need you to return the favour. It must be tough with the heat – take care.

Stillkristi – thanks for the picture compliment. I am pretty proud of myself.

Li4g – :noway: I LOVE the yard! You have been working hard and it looks amazing. Wonderful how you have raised beds for all your veggies and flowers. LOVE the deck as well. Thanks for sharing!

Sheila – doctors like that should be shot. You are doing amazing things and you know it. Glad you are going to pick up and carry on. :heart:

Anita - stress can do it to me every time but that is why we are here to change that. Drink, drink, drink your water and it will be better tomorrow. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

My day was excellent. On track with eating and room for one snack today cause I was hungry! Went to the gym and did weights for 40 minutes and then elliptical for 20. All that exercise put me way under for the day but I’m ok with that!

Pleasant dreams! :yawn:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Morning Team,

Thank You all for the encouraging word.. because of the Dumb Dr..... I went to the gym for about an hour... I had to cut my trip short because my daughterhad her poetry slam last night and I went to watch she took 3rd place...I am so proud of her...:drinker:

Li4g - wow what a beautiful Yard, you have to be proud of all your hard work.. and Morgolis did an awsome job on The Deck... Keep up all the Great Work.... What a funny Pitcure, you always find the funny pitcures to fit the mood of the week!!!

Adopt4- Thank you again for all the stuff...

Well, my son's ex-girlfriend had someone jump him at school yesterday so now I have to go to the school this morning... Let me tell you when I left They were going to prom together!!! yeah well they went to prom and then she started dancing with other guys and so they broke up at prom...then she was mad at him because he didn't want her to... So she had this big Kid jump him.. my son is tall and skinny ( to Skinny) and he has never been in a fight his intire life he is kinda a whimp... He has always been like that his brother has always fought his battles... so Now I have to go to the school a week before school gets out to see if he losses credit for this semester of school GRRRRRRRRRRR I am so pissed off... first the damn Dr. then My damn Son!!! what a day ... then I calmed down with my daughters poetry slam

Talk to you all a bit later... It is supose to storm again today... It rained all day yesterday off and on!!!

Sheila
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Hi all. I'm still alive. Not much time to log these days let alone post. Sometimes it just ends up on paper instead of mfp. As long as I'm logging.

Kristy a big contrats on your most excellent success. Keep on shedding.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    What a beautiful yard! I'm envious. (But in a nice way.)

Ewwwww...on the marathon picture. Funny, too.

Hey, Sheila...There was another post in the Community last night, about Dumb Doctors...
    One of the guys on this site...His doctor put him on a diet, because of diabetes. When the guy went for his check-up, the doctor weighed him. He'd lost about 40+ pounds...and the doctor didn't even comment on it. So this "no recognition for hard work" seems to be common. Maybe. Someone suggested he inform his doctor that he'd like positive feedback...
    I suppose that would depend on how comfortable you are with your doctor.
    And about your son...That's really too bad. He shouldn't be disciplined for it, though. Should be the girl, and the guy who jumped your son. My son got into trouble like that, a few years ago, and they were going to put it on his record...permanently. I (and another mother, who was also involved) fought it...and we won.

I'm heading into the big city today, with my sister. Going to pick up the rest of my bathroom tiles.
    I'm not sure, indianagranny, if I'd ever want to make a career of laying tile...
    I seem to cut myself a lot. I can't be trusted with sharp objects.

Anyway, I'm off...
  • nitag
    Today is a new day!!!!!

I am up its early, 5:13 am just waiting for the man to leave then I am exercising.. I will not dwell on yesterday, I will not let stress get to me... I will eat healthy today and exercise... I will drink all my water... and I mean all of it...

prayerful mom we miss you..

Sheila, If this was your son's first fight and not his fault I think he'd be okay.. I hope he didn't get hurt.. Amazing how things change in a weeks time...

Adopt4 did you post yesterday??? I didn't see anything...

I am going to get those walking shoes on now...

I will log later and often..... I have to own up to my bad day .....
  • nitag
    Exercise:
    36 minutes of Walk away the Lbs Express total body workout DVD - Burned 432 Calories

Abs: I'll do them when I get home from work...