T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 16

Replies

• cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Anita...
    I think we sometimes need a "bad day" so that we can feel guilty...and refocus. I find that when I have a bad day, it only gives me more determination to do better.

And what a great start to your day!

I'm a happy camper today. I fit into a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear for about 3 months.
    Painter pants! One of my favorites.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Well,

They said they only sent him home for his saftey.... so he isnt suspended for them Jumping him so that is a good thing... He didn't get hurt his friend stoped it before it got bad...Thank God... all this cuz of a girl... man how kids need to grow up!!!! He only has 1 more week of classes for this semester.. I just want him to finish.... Man we try to tell our kids what we have learned along the way but they dont want to listen just like we didnt want to listen when our parents tryed to tell us... what a vicious circle!!! Wow how different my boys are from my girls....Day & Night... I guess this is my Welcom Home from Vacation!!!

Need to get exercising but it is Raining here right now... What A Day.... I really need to get motivated!!!!

Sheila
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    HI guys, sorry for being MIA, hubby's server died and that meant no internet for me yesterday!!! It was HARD!!! I still don't have email but at least I have MFP now! I couldn't log and so I lost track, and then for dinner we had ribeye steak... which put me WAAAAYYY over on cals... but that steak was so good!! I didn't eat bad the rest of the day (not that steak is bad, I didn't eat anything but meat for dinner) but I snacked a lot on little things here and there, which I'm sure added up on a non gym day. Why do I graze on non gym days??? Need to examine that a bit deeper if I ever want to "maintain" my weight without hitting the gym every day.

Slowly dropping the water weight I gained... and still not drinking my water. So going to be no weight loss for me again this week. On the other side of things. my butt is getting HARD. :happy: Still got lots of cushion but underneath that cushion you can feel muscle. Very cool. I cannot believe I"ve lost an entire size just by toning and without losing any weight. Just amazing.

I like the traveling pants idea, I sent my favorite pants to sheila and my favorite shirts to kristi and it made me feel good that someone I like would enjoy my favorite clothes now that I can't fit into them. For newbies - a few weeks ago we decided to have a traveling pants thing where we send pants (or shirts) that no longer fit us to someone else in the group who is now in that size. It doesn't have to be everything you own that doesn't fit, a pair of pants, a shirt, or whatever you can stuff into a 8.95 priority mail box - it's the idea that's fun. So if you want to join up - just holler out the sizes you got and see if anyone wants them.

Trainer put me on a new schedule where I have to take off 2 days a week so I don't get exhausted again. And yesterday, I basically sat around the house all day and watched tv, didn't do much. I was tired and unmotivated, so it seems like it was a good thing to take the day off (it was the day after I met with the trainer). And today - I am ready and rearing to go again. I'm excited about going and I'm not sore anywhere any more.

My diary is open to the public - although I didn't log over the weekend or yesterday - but I'm not proud, it's all there in it's glory or shame for anyone to see...

I am having a problem with my ankles now, they feel like I twisted them a bit. But I didn't. They're just sore in that way, you know? I was thinking it was my shoes (wore old shoes walking around Costco) so I tossed them, and the gym shoes I wear only to the gym are the best shoes I own... or could it be something else? My ankles are large, maybe water retention there? Anyone have any ideas? My ankles are one area that I don't see any changes at all... I can even see changes in my big toe, for craps sake, so there should be some changes in the ankles by now... which is why I ask about water retention?
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    I'm so proud of everyone for their hard work and motivation! I can't wait to be able to walk again! Lulu the pain is pretty severe, but I know it's got to get better. I just have to bear down and try to work thru it! I've cried so much in the past week that it's ridiculous, but I'm really trying. My arms are wicked sore, guess that's the one good thing right now!! Sorry I can't weigh in this week. Hopefully I haven't gained anything, but maybe I've lost some fat in my arms... That would be awesome!!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    I'm so proud of everyone for their hard work and motivation! I can't wait to be able to walk again! Lulu the pain is pretty severe, but I know it's got to get better. I just have to bear down and try to work thru it! I've cried so much in the past week that it's ridiculous, but I'm really trying. My arms are wicked sore, guess that's the one good thing right now!! Sorry I can't weigh in this week. Hopefully I haven't gained anything, but maybe I've lost some fat in my arms... That would be awesome!!

I hope you get better soon... I wish you didnt have so much pain.. Just think how strong your going to be after this is all said and done...

Sheila
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi gang, just checking in. I have a great report!!!!! I got my traveling pants box!!! Kelli, thanks so much!!! I was worried our taste in clothing might be really different, and right there on top of the box were tie died tees. Ahhhhhhh....... I love em! I am wearing one right now! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Well, I gotta go exercise, tomorrow, I hope is the big day! I hope to leave the 400 lbs club. YAY!!! Yesterday I was feeling a tiny bit bloated, and I though, oh no!!! Not now. But, we'll just see. If not this week, then next week for sure. It doesn't change the program.

Love you guys!

Kristi :happy:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Hey Gang,

I just got the worst news of my life right now and normally I would be eating everything in sight. But luckily I am not. Seventeen years ago, I lost my husband due to murder, and thought I would never ever love again. Well three short years ago, I met a gentleman that turned my life around in that department. No we are just real good friends but been dating three years - today he stopped by to tell me he has CANCER. It hurts so bad gang - It hurts awful and although he doesn't want anyone to know, I had to tell the people who can and will give me the support I need to direct the hurt in the right direction and not food. I was so positive when he was here but I broke after he left - the tears are rolling and won't stop. You all are a lot more than what you you ever will know and I so much appreciate that. I knew just getting on here and talking will help releive a little bit. Thanks for listening - I am more determine to stay on track and away from food right now but not for sure I can muester up the energy or power to do anything else. Thanks for listening. I will be back later tonight.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    indianagranny...
    My heart is breaking for you right now. So sorry to hear about what you, and your friend, are going through. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Wondering...What's the next step? Most kinds of cancer are treatable.
    My stepfather had prostate cancer about 11 years ago, and they said the outlook was less-than-hopeful, but he's 83 now, and leads a very active life. So again, I'll be keeping you in my prayers, but I'll be praying for a good outcome.

On a more personal note...I had my outing with my sister today, and we discussed weight (as in, losing some...) When I mentioned that I'd be following this plan, and doing well with it, she turned on me. She got rather heated, and said "It's to be expected, when you reach our age, that you're going to put on a few pounds, thicken in the middle..."
    (She's 11 months younger than me, and gained a lot of weight in the past 2 or 3 years...)
    A few minutes later, she remarked on my mother's tendency to dwell on her age - 75, and then she laughed and said "Funny, mom being that way. She's so physically fit..."
    And my mother absolutely is physically fit. She has an enviable figure. She's very active. Bowling, shuffleboard, she goes for walks every day - 2+ miles, she works in the yard...)
    So now I'm thinking about this inconsistency...
    I should accept a few extra pounds, thickening in the middle...
    And yet, half of my genetic code is a very physically fit 75 year old woman.

Methinks that my sister may be a bit jealous of my new weight loss and fitness program...
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Indiangranny - I am so sorry.. I can't even imagine.. We are here for you all the time.. My thoughts and prayers for you and your dear friend..

Cyndeebee - Your sister, what is up with all the jealous people.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    indiana - I know this was a huge shock to you, but remember, a lot of cancers can be cured. And yes, the road is rough in the meantime, but it doesn't mean you'll lose him too. I'm so sorry for you and him, and I'm very proud of you for not turning to food, but turning to friends instead.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Hi guys,
    Just checking in and saying hello! I am no sure if I will get the chance to say hello in the morning. I still haven't packed....Ahhhhh! So I have to get up early and pack and get on the road to Virginia.
    Hope you all are having a great day! :happy:
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Hey Gang,

I just got the worst news of my life right now and normally I would be eating everything in sight. But luckily I am not. Seventeen years ago, I lost my husband due to murder, and thought I would never ever love again. Well three short years ago, I met a gentleman that turned my life around in that department. No we are just real good friends but been dating three years - today he stopped by to tell me he has CANCER. It hurts so bad gang - It hurts awful and although he doesn't want anyone to know, I had to tell the people who can and will give me the support I need to direct the hurt in the right direction and not food. I was so positive when he was here but I broke after he left - the tears are rolling and won't stop. You all are a lot more than what you you ever will know and I so much appreciate that. I knew just getting on here and talking will help releive a little bit. Thanks for listening - I am more determine to stay on track and away from food right now but not for sure I can muester up the energy or power to do anything else. Thanks for listening. I will be back later tonight.

Indiana- I am so sorry to hear about what you are dealing with right now. Good job on being positive he needs you and we are here to be supportive to you! Remember there are lots of treatments for cancer. Good job on not turning to food. That's a huge accomplishment!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Indiana ~ I am in Texas and spending lots of time with my dear aunt (age 60) who is currently in her third month of chemo for liver cancer. She is beautifully bald, too thin now, and very weak ~ however, the tumers in her liver are responding to the treatment and she is optimistic that treatment will give her a future. Cancer is the DEVIL I swear!!!! I hate it beyond words. I am so very sorry for the pain and the helplessness you are feeling right now. It can be a difficult journey for both the patient and the caretakers, but there are so very many promising treatments now. Be strong, have faith. I will pray for you and your friend ~ for healing and comfort and peace that surpasses understanding. Your health is sooooo important right - take care to care for you!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Swignal- Lucky your son didnt get suspended also. If he was at my sons school, he would have been. Even if only defending himself. Our School district is so stupid. They basically want kids who are being attacked by another student, to roll in a ball and do nothing but get pounded until the other person is done or until a teacher intervenes. My son was suspended earlier in the year when another kid punched him hard in the face and took off running. My son chased him and threw an apple at him and even tho he didnt hit him, he was still expelled for 3 days. I was in that principals office so fast the next day raising holy hell so he could have a reduced sentence of 1 day instead of 3. Should he have chased him and threw the apple? No, but I dont know anyone who could just stand there and take a slam to chops without reacting in some way. Oh well, some lessons they have to learn the hard way...:laugh: I hope things chill out with the girl so he can finish out the rest of the week in peace.

Indiana- OMG girl, I feel so bad for you! What kind of cancer does he have? I have known several people who have been diagnosed with several different types and stages. Many of whom have gone through all the treatments and are alive and well several years later. 2 people very close to me have had cancer. 1 my mother- had advanced breast cancer when my oldest was a year old. She is now16 years in remission. The other, a close friend that lives in Seattle, was diagnosed with advanced lymphoma about 1 1/2 years ago and has been in remission for about 6 months now. The treatments they have for the various types have come a long way. Please know that you and your guy are in my prayers. (((((((hug)))))))))) Proud of you for not turning to food to get you through this. If you really feel like you need to put something in your mouth, heat up something hot to drink. Some tea or some cocoa, that seems to help my nerves when Im stressed and it takes a while to drink it since its warm.

Cyndee- LOL.. your story reminds me of the conversations that I hear between my 2 girls all the time. In fact, I took my youngest shopping today and got her some summer clothes. Got her home and my oldest is having a cow cuz I didnt buy her anything.(Gee... the $100 i spent on her prom dress doesnt count I guess...the entitled little brat!) Anyway... she was *****ing about the clothes I got her sister while Allie went upstairs to try on her stuff so she could show Morgolis. Allie got a cute summer dress and of course when she came downstairs wearing it, Shelby has to say "So what... did mom pick it out?" God forbid she say "Its cute & looks good on you!" (which it does!!) Of course, she cant tell Allie that she likes it and is mad she didnt get one... so shes gotta make it appear as if she doesnt care. The pathetic part is... shelby is 4 1/2 years older than Allie. :angry: Yeah, it sounds like your sister is jealous. Prolly because she is younger and is afraid that her older sister is gonna be the one that doesnt age. Its amazing what people say to try to corrupt us into our old ways..:laugh:

Jamie- Have a great trip!!!!!

Kristi- Happy dancer is ready and striking a pose for you after tomorrows weigh in! Good luck!

I baked 4 cakes today and amazingly enough I did not eat 1 piece of scraps!!! :bigsmile: Also made cream cheese buttercream frosting, which I couldnt help tasting cuz I had to make sure it was turning out ok being the first time I had made my own from scratch. I did use Fat free cream cheese tho...:love: altho Im pretty sure the 10 cups of powdered sugar cancelled out anything good about going FF! :laugh: :laugh: Got in a NICE long walk with the rugrat in the stroller. At least 45 minutes!! YAY! Getting up early tomorrow to go to the gym before all the kiddo's get here at Noon.
  • Indianagranny - so sorry to hear your sad news. there is so much encouragement here for you. Please stick with us. It is about much more than weight loss - but life changes. Everyone has stories about that "C" word (cancer). Hang in there.

Li4g - WTG. The cakes will be awesome!

Jamie - happy holiday!

I was able to stay on track today. I had to dive for the water bottle instead of eat the pizza buns the kids had for lunch. They looked so good but soooo full of calories/sodium/fat. My chocolate slimfast shake filled me up just in time.

I wogged into the wind and felt like I didn't get very far today but at least I was out there. Four times this week and one more tomorrow. I am taking Sat/Sun off. My parents are in town. Need to plan healthy choices because we always eat out when they are here.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Okay, I will type this just like my family sounds:

Toniyat, we had bar-b-q cooked on the far-pit out yunder in the yard. The goats was pickin' at the layin' hens and that's why thay's no eggs this mornin'. The onyuns, the greens, and the redishes all needed thinnin' so I had to pull a bunch this mornin' and got 'em all warshed under the hose pipe. Granny Rose cooked a scratch cake and Brad n' 'em came out to play horseshoes 'til dark-thirty, then we played dom-nos.

LOL - I LOOOOOVE my family!! Everytime I come home I remember how country I really am and it makes me feel wonderful! I went to my friends ranch to see her new ponies and her llamas!! She has two Great Danes that looked my in the eye! Another night I was at my brother's playing cards, looking out the screen door, watching the pump-jacks in the distance and the horizon as the sun set - fabulous night - and he has horses, rabbits, dogs, longhorn steers, wild turkeys. I have another friend here who's in the process of getting buffalo - can't wait to see them on my next visit.

I just have a few more days to enjoy this - I am leaving for home on Monday, going through Fort Worth to see my baby sister and then on to New Orleans on Tuesday. I am soaking up every minute and every memory I can here - I'll share pics when I get back home.

I am doing a super STINKY job of eating and exercising - Someone can take a slipper to me if need be, but I am just not sweating it - this trip will be over soon enough and I'll be back on track - no regrets. I'll weigh in tomorrow - but different scale, so I question accuracy???

Later gaters,
    Or maybe I should tip my hat and mutter "Evenin' ma'am, g'night.":heart:
  • Just made my food diary for friends if anyone is interested. Guess I may have to add people as friends? Will check that out.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi everyone, another long day, but good one. Adopt, I wore my new favorite shirt to work, cuz I didn't have to see clients today, just do paperwork and sit in a LONG staff meeting. I got lots of compliments - everyone said it looks like the new me (sort of giddy, silly, and full of energy) has really taken hold. Thanks!!

Lisa, Oh, I am so sorry. Its times like these I wish there were a way to sit down together and chat. Right now, its bound to be a terrible shock. Hopefully, when you have a little more time, and maybe information you can plan what to do. Hang in there girl, and know we are all pulling for you. You are in my prayers.

Lulu, it will be good to have you back. Glad you are enjoying the trip.

Jamie, enjoy your trip!

Cyndeebee - bummer girl, but what do you do about sisters? In my family, my sister and I have an agreement, she has the looks, I have the brains, and we both have a sense of humor. Seems to work fine. But, it might not of we were more alike...

LI4G, great pics, you need to come to my house still. I haven't done a thing so you pretty much have a blank canvas. :laugh:

Swignal, Dwray, and everyone else, see you tomorrow on weigh in day!

Kristi:happy:
  • indianagranny
    THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE AND NEED EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU. I am doing ok - did not turn to food today but I didn't log and I didn't exercise. The calories might have been a few over but less than a 100.
    My friend has prostrate cancer. He is a wonderful guy and you could have affected any other part of his body but not this. I know people have been treated for this and lived and told him that. But like I stated before any other part of his body and his reaction would have been different.It was the initial shock of this happening to him. The medicine they have him on affects his sex drive and that hurts him bad - although I explained that we too will get through this - well I won't go any further. We will just keep praying and believing. He is the type of man who it is hard for him to cry in front of anyone and he has broken in front of me three times - so I know and realized how much emotional pain he is in. I just held him and let the love flow so he knew I am still and always will be with him.
    I actually puttered around the house and then layed down on the couch and cried myself to sleep. I to will weigh in tomorrow but not expecting a drop. I already have plans to exercise hard tomorrow and log and get back on track. Whew what a week.
  • indianagranny
    Cyndeebee - I don't know what is up with people but jealousy seems to be what flows today. I have quite a few at work who have shown that emotional but when I have invited them to join me - OH i DON'T HAVE TO EXERCISE.

LI4G - The yard pictures are beautiful. I enjoyed looking at them Can't wait to see the cake pictures. I woke up this evening to find a bloom on my hibiscus tree was opening. It made me smile and wonder if that might be a hopeful sign. I have been waiting on this bloom for awhile.

Kristi - can't wait til tomorrow. I can't post happy dance picture but I will be joining each poster that does and doing it with their happy dancer. I am so proud of you. Thanks for posting - I am hoping your energy and happiness rubs this way. I AM putting a plan into action for tomorrow as we speak on food and exercise. Writing it on paper and logging it,

Jamie - have a wonderful trip girl

Anita - thanks for your post and the fact that you post your exercising - thAT ALONE HELPS ME AT TIMES GET UP AND MOVE.

To everyone else - still exhausted but thinking of all of you too - I will see you in the morning Good night