Today.. let me paint a picture for you all

I don't know what the weather is like in the rest of the world.. But here, it is dark and raining.

Considering that we have had a major drought and NEED the rain, it is so depressing looking out the window and watching the clouds go by. Makes we want to eat some major comfort food! And to top things off, the day is drrrrraaaaagggging! I am so glad it is Friday, and have to force myself to be good this weekend!

There you have it!

Replies

• kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    I don't know what the weather is like in the rest of the world.. But here, it is dark and raining.

Considering that we have had a major drought and NEED the rain, it is so depressing looking out the window and watching the clouds go by. Makes we want to eat some major comfort food! And to top things off, the day is drrrrraaaaagggging! I am so glad it is Friday, and have to force myself to be good this weekend!

There you have it!
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Out of the 19 days in October - so far it has been raining on 17 days. Just moments ago I saw the first peak of sun since last Saturday. It makes me tired and all I want is my bed, my book and my bon-bons!!!! So I hear what you are saying. But keep telling yourself that the rain is cleansing for the earth and so celebrate that gift with a gift of being good to you and treating yourself well!

Now, since since the sun is out I want to play hooky. I think my throat must be getting sore.....
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    kimford, my pal!

Ok, I live in Seattle. 'Nuff said?!

Last night we had our first big windstorm of the fall. An 80-foot-tall cottonwood on our property fell over with an impressive CRASH! Thankfully it fell into the river and not on the building - but it really ticked off the little kingfisher bird who used it as his "Lookout" for fish in the river. He's been squawking all morning. An hour ago we had a squall come through with hail, thunder, lightning! That only happens a couple times a year. It was cool. But I had cats darting and crashing in to each other trying to get away from the noises. Tee hee.

Last November - six days without power. (Trees on power lines). We still have 75,000 in the dark since yesterday...my power was out for 5 min. WHEW!

cm
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    OMG! WOW lots going on there!!! crazy!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    I hope all our friends in the midwest and the central plains are ok :-( I'm watching the damage from the tornados they've been having. Anyone need any help??

cm
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    last year at this time i was taking a ski day. yesterday it snowed in del norte, co. the weathe is cool and the aspens are turning. i'm hoping in the next week or two i will be skiing. i usually ski until may and i'm looking forward to it, especially now since my ski outfits fit me really well.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    It's gloomy over here too! (Upstate NY)
    I kinda like the rain, the smell of rain, thunder but not lightning.. kinda freaks me out =/
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Not trying to rub it in or anything, but it is sunny and 91 today in So. Cal. This is a case of "the grass is always greener" but I wish it would get a little cold here - (sigh). Not that I wish for extreme weather like what some are going through. I just had to go to the mall to get a security tag taken off something I bought yesterday *** hate that :-( *** and its kind of depressing seeing all the pretty sweaters and stuff. Got at least another month before winter clothes can come out of storage.

I know it's a minor thing - we need rain too!!!! Badly
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Ooops, forgot

kimford, I have to agree with you. Always want bad food when it's cold or raining!!!
    Curl up in front of a fire with a book and lots of junk food - heaven....
  • yea its was raining here today and the sun came out for a few.i didnt hold me back tho i still when out for a few and im about to walk a some bit to burn my salda off.i place i got my ham and chesse salda from didnt even know the cals. in it need less to say i wont be eating from there again lol.hopefully it wasnt to much cals. it was just mixed salda with a small git of chopped ham and chesse with baby tomtoes and some mixed vegs i had some ranch dressing but not fat free cuz they didnt have it so in going to skip dinner tonite for make sure i stay under.but the thing is i have only been eat 1500 to 1700 cals a day on a 2500 diet.im i make my body weaker?should i eat 2500 cals or am i doing fine?