T.H.E. (Trying Hard Every day) Team - Week 17

Replies

• DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Hello everyone! Congrats on the weight loss, that's fantastic! Though I highly doubt I've lost any weight, I did accomplish something very important today... I took a shower by myself! I'm so happy about that, I can't even explain! I'm doing much better and getting along so much better than I was just a few days ago. Unfortunately I still can't walk well enough to return to work, but they understand. Ok enough complaining from me. I got my chair dance video in yesterday so I'm going to try it tomorrow... Not enough energy today!! Miss you all, and thank goodness for Internet on my phone, otherwise I'd never get to check in!!
  • 4Maria
    4Maria Posts: 18
    Hello;

I feel SO lucky to have found this website. I think this is exactly what I need...I would like to thank Cyndeebee for inviting me to the group. I have 4 kids that vary in age....so day to day life is CRAZY. I look at this opportunity to be fun, productive and most of all an outlet for feelings/emotions that can document what exactly is going on and what triggers me to eat......I wish us ALL the best of luck!

Today is the first day I commit to be true to myself!:happy:
  • Hey ladies, so on Friday I will check in with my starting weight my current weight and my goal weight? All of you seem to be doing so well. I just did my walking and I am trying to increase it gradually. I am at 1 mile now but would like to get to 1 1/2 mile by the end of the week. Glad to be here.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Welcome new people! I just want to ditto what others have said, this is a great group! I have been getting support and help from this group since the 20th of February and these folks are a HUGE part of my successful weight loss. I still have a long way to go, but i am really happy with what I have accomplished so far. Well group, its a beautiful Sunday here in Utah. I am thinking I will go out and enjoy the evening outside. Talk to you later!

Lisa, gosh, I don't remember - I want to say B12..... Hmmmm.. Sorry, let me do some digging.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Hi April and Maria...

I think it was "adopt4" who explained the check-in to me.
    We show our starting weight (SW), then our goal weight (GW)...
    Then you can show your previous weight (from the week before) - but not necessary, I don't think. (PW)
    ...and then current weight (CW)

Most of us also show our current, starting, and goal BMI (Body Mass Index), and you can calculate that by going into Tools on the opening page.

I'm sure if I've messed this information up, someone will jump in and help me out.

Good luck! And, again, welcome.
  • Welcome April and 4 Maria!
    You will love this group. So much support and motivation. April, sounds like you are doing great - advance the progressa little at a time.

A little about myself. My name is Lisa - mother of two Angie who lives in Montana and has my four grandchildren and Corey - who has my pregnant daughter - in - law and lives here in Indiana. I work nights on Sunday through Wednesday. I have lost 28 pounds since joining MFP on March 3, 2009

Cyndeebee - grouchy pants off now, please. I hope your day is getting better. I have those days too. Your house sounds terrefic.

DWray44 - glad to hear from you. Sounds like you are making progress - keep working at it girl.

Kristi - missing you girl!!!!!!!!!! Are your co - workers right about you - are u seeing someone? Hope you
    are having a good time - just missing your posts!!

Sheila - I hope you are feeling a little better over your situation girl - youi have been on my mind a lot today. Oh by the way - I have relatives in around the Ann Arbor area.

LI4G - Adopt4 - Nitag - Hi girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Gang - that time on Sunday evening where I get to say Good - Night Sleep well, I get to go to work.
    ttyl gang
  • Kristi - I was posting when you posted. Hey girl I can look. I just thought I would ask. It all has to do wit my energy being zapped during TOM - that is when I struggle the most. Hope you enjoyed your evening.

Cyndeebee - you did fine explaining weigh in procedure. Most of us don't do the previous weight from the week before. We just list the pounds lossed or gained from the week before.

Gotta roll girls
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Welcome aboard Maria!! Glad you are here also!!

Cyndee- yes, the more the merrier as always!! :wink: Thanks for bringin your buddy on board!!

Swignal- you too for bringin April!! The more the merrier!!

Indiana- Hello to you too!!! :love:

So, I finally got in touch with adopt4 and she came over with hubby and the kids and we invited another mutual friend over also. Had a good dinner and still have leftovers if anyone wants to swing by for steak & tater salad. LOL It was a good thing she came too, she had planned on going to the gym and I hadnt been yet. I have a hard time getting motivated in the evenings but I figured since she was going I should get off my lazy bum and go too..:laugh:

Well, turns out the gym closed early and she had to get the boys home to put them to bed, so I hopped in my van and drove over to her house so we could go for a nice long walk after the boys were down. We walked for over an hour and prolly went about 3 miles if not more. Definitely gonna have to do that more often!! I couldnt see doing a video since the weather was so nice.

Im definitely on track tomorrow to get some cardio in in the AM. Im off to lay in bed and watch "Cake Boss" so I can get to sleep early and get up early.

Nite nite everyone!!
  • LosingIt4good

Today is the first day I commit to be true to myself!:happy:

Congratulations, your on the right track!! :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    Hello everyone! Congrats on the weight loss, that's fantastic! Though I highly doubt I've lost any weight, I did accomplish something very important today... I took a shower by myself! I'm so happy about that, I can't even explain! I'm doing much better and getting along so much better than I was just a few days ago. Unfortunately I still can't walk well enough to return to work, but they understand. Ok enough complaining from me. I got my chair dance video in yesterday so I'm going to try it tomorrow... Not enough energy today!! Miss you all, and thank goodness for Internet on my phone, otherwise I'd never get to check in!!

Yay!! A solo shower!! LOL That has to be a relief!

Chair dancing... hmmm....Definitely not something I can do in front of the 4 year old's.. :laugh: Sounds like a ton of fun tho!!! Let me know how you like it and be careful not to hurt that knee in the process of girating in the chair!! :bigsmile:
  • cyndeebee
    Start of a new month...Start of a new week.

I love beginnings!
    Should we set goals?

Mine...By the end of June, I want to lose 5 pounds.
    That will open up all sorts of new (clothing) possibilities for me.
    I have a pile of jeans on my closet floor. The largest size is at the top of the pile...the smallest at the beginning.
    I've saved them, just in case...
    I always figured that if I never lost enough weight to get back into them, they'd be good for another denim quilt.

(But I'd rather fit into them.)
    :happy:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Just a quick good morning,

My cousin is here, she want to run to the Jamaican store down town Detroit!!! her son want some grace katcup!!! LOL

glad to see you join april and maria

I will chat more in a few...

sheila
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Hello Team! I'm back from the beach! Hope everyone is having a great 1st day of June! I did weigh in on Friday but couldn't get on the computer before I left. I'm happy I lost some weight but fear I may have gained it back this weekend. I drank a couple beers. When we were at the concert I said I was good and didn't need one when everyone else went to get one, I saved our spot. They brought me one back anyways, this happened twice. Considering the beers were $5 for a can I drank them. My tolerance for alcohol is pretty much non-existent anymore so that's all I needed to have tingling legs, haha. The trip was great! Its frustrating when people don't get what we're doing, new lifestyle and all. I knew I wouldn't be able to log so I packed some healthy snacks and also oatmeal for breakfast. I know whats in those and how many calories. I figured dinners I can know whats ok and lunch I could always eat a healthy sub from subway. No one wanted subway. Ugh. One more weekend of traveling then it will be back to normal. We didn't have time to go to grocery store last night cause I got in late so I had to stop for a bagel this morning. I will catch up on posts tonight, just wanted to say hello! :happy:

manda1111 - SW198, GW135, CW 177 = 1lbs loss
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw188.2 - no gain no loss
    indianagranny sbmi31.6/gbmiunder29/cbmi3o.4 same
    stillkristi sw 461/gw 195/ cw 396 - 5 lbs lost YAY!!!!!!!
    stillkristi sbmi 66.1/ gbmi under 60 /cbmi 56.8
    prayerfulmom-sw277, GW 164, CW234.6=-.4
    cyndeebee - SW: 136 GW: 115 Last week: 131.6 CW: 130.5 - 1 pound lost
    BMI Last week - 24.1 CBMI: 23.9
    adopt4 - SW 273/GW 165/CW 240.5 - 1pound gain
    BMI same
    Losingit4good- SW 251/GW 175/ Last week 219.2/ CW 217.8 Lost 1.5 pounds this week
    SBMI 30.2/ CMBI 29.7
    Melina~ SW: 150/ GW: 135/ CW 150/Lost 0.2 lbs since Monday. hehe
    healthymom - sw208 gw150 cw180 lost 3 lbs (8 lbs this month)
    healthymom - starting bmi 30.3 current bmi 29.0 (lost 1.3 this month)
    nitag: SW 220/GW 145/CW 187 - No loss except the 3 lbs I gained from being a boozer last weekend
    renayeb sw 257 cw 235 gw 150 - lost 1 lb this week
    jamierobertson sw 195 / cw 185.6 / gw 155 - lost .6lbs
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Good morning all... didn't sleep well again last night, grrr. But I'm up and ready for the gym and that's what counts, right? I have to describe our walk last night... losingit is very tall, if you didn't know, and has very long legs... her daughter is tall with very long legs... and short, stubby legged me. For every one step of theirs was 3 of mine. They're walking very slow, leisurely (so I can keep up) and I'm damn near jogging. I felt like a chihuahua being walked by a Great Dane... to me it was pretty funny, they might not have noticed so much. The only time I'll ever jog with her is if I'm running and she's walking!! LOL But it was a perfect night for a walk. It was very nice.

Went over on cals last night, since I didnt' burn that much walking, but still I think not over maintenance cals (which on bad days is my goal, to stay under maintenance cals).

For the new people, welcome! And if you read thru this week's posts, I'm not always so...TMI... but I needed advice!
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76

Yay!! A solo shower!! LOL That has to be a relief!

Chair dancing... hmmm....Definitely not something I can do in front of the 4 year old's.. :laugh: Sounds like a ton of fun tho!!! Let me know how you like it and be careful not to hurt that knee in the process of girating in the chair!! :bigsmile:

You're crazy Cindi! LOL someone on here actually recommended it to me but I can't remember who. Sorry too much pain meds since then I guess! I've still got some clothes to send you, I haven't forgotten- they're just upstairs so I have to have someone get them for me!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Welcome new members.. this group is great.. If you can't tell already :happy:

Well like Cyndee says its a new month and a fresh start for all of us... I am glad and am going to start being more focused again.. this weekend was busy hot and rainy all weekend..

I didn't get to exercise this morning.. What a morning.. We woke up to our dog (3lb Maltese) puking in between our heads at 3 am and she has been so sick.. I didn't even want to come to work but before I left she ate a little and drank some water so after I go get my hair done I am heading home to check on her.. But to top that off when I was putting our sheets in the washer I was walking back into the laundry room to put the pillow cases in and our laundry room floor was soaking wet (laminate) - the washer wasn't over flowing it has to be leaking some where.. So my husband turned it off and said he will deal with it later and then to top that off he twisted his back jumping outta bed at 3 am.. Ugg animals..

I will log all my food today.. I will exercise when I get home..
  • cyndeebee
    Poor Anita...
    I checked my calendar, just to make sure, and nope...It's not Friday the 13th.

Can I count calories I burn from shivering? It's so cold here. Our heat is included in our rent, so the landlord )legally) shuts it off in mid-May. But it's freezing here! Our building cooled down yesterday, when the temperatures dipped, and it rained...
    It's a bit warmer out today, but can't get the cold out.
    And...It's still raining.

I tell myself - "Could be worse."
    My daughter sent me an e-mail yesterday. They'd gone for a day trip, about an hour away from their home. And it snowed!

indianagranny...About the "cranky pants" yesterday. It was because I was chilled, and couldn't get warm. That's a lovely side effect of this illness. Sensitive to temperature changes...
    But today, I'm putting on two pairs of socks, a sweatshirt, a sweater, etc...

Crazy weather.
    Is anyone else experiencing strange weather?
  • LosingIt4good
    Cyndee- Here in Southwest Washington, the temps were in the 90's for the past week. It cooled off into the upper 70's yesterday and today its supposed to be upper 70's to low 80's again. Expecting rain tomorrow, then sun, sun & rain again on Thursday. Its not typical May weather for us to have 90 degree days. It usually doesnt get that hot here until mid July or August. Im not complaining tho, the house is air conditioned as of 2 summers ago and I love the warm weather. Its not the norm for us and we had a VERY cold, long, freezing winter.

Dwray- :happy:

Nitag- ughhh.. puking puppy! You poor girl!

Im pretty sure I have homes for the 2 babies we are rehoming. One of my daughters friends wants one and his dad works for animal control, so Im pretty sure I couldnt find a better home if I tried. LOL! The other one is possibly going to be reserved by an old co-worker of mine who has been wanting a pet for a long time and has finally decided on a cat. I called him to see if he could set aside a bigger box for me with taller sides because they are starting to roam and trying to climb out of the one they are in. He is setting aside a box for me (he works in the warehouse) and is coming by later tonight to see them. They still have 6 more weeks before they can go to a new home, but I figured it would be best to have something lined up ahead of time. One of the orange ones I have become pretty attached too. He is just so damn cute and its gonna be hard to get rid of any of them, but I love his colors and his face is just plain adorable! Once my camera is recharged, I'll show ya what they look like now. They are growing so fast and know when we are near the box cuz they go crazy wanting our attention. LOL

Anyway..Im off to the gym. Adopt4 just called to say she is finally on her way there, so Im off to meet her to get some cardio in. Gonna get ahold of the community pool when I get home and see if they have a public swim I can take my kids to later. Its cheap and they have been wanting to swim for weeks now.

cio!
  • I already messed up my diet on the first day of the month. I had a giant salad bar w/ all the good stuff and light dressing. A bowl of soup and some mixed fruit. When I was finially able to eat I was famished and under so much stress. I hope I did not mess up to bad.
    My scale or tape measure is not moving, the last time I lost weight it went so quick. It seems harder this time. My old pants are fitting and that makes me happy so how? Any tips on how to jump start this again..? I want to lose 15 lbs by July 15 before my trip to Michigan.
  • cyndeebee
    I think we all go through "messed up" days, but the point is to move on, try again.
    And you WILL succeed.
    Something you can do when you go over calories is try to make up for it with exercise...
    Drink your 8 glasses of water, and at least flush the sodium out.

Take comfort, April, in knowing that you've come to the right place. I've seen more success stories here than anywhere else. This website, and this Team, are amazing.

We'll support you. We'll give you advice, when you want it...
    And if you fall too far, too long, it seems to me there's a slipper kicking around...and we're not afraid to swing it once in awhile...
    Kidding...sort of...

:wink: