Does jogging make your abs sore?

lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
So weird, but today my abs are so sore. I didn't do any ab exercises. The only thing I did different was I started jogging yesterday. Is this ab soreness normal with new joggers?

Replies

• lina1131
    So weird, but today my abs are so sore. I didn't do any ab exercises. The only thing I did different was I started jogging yesterday. Is this ab soreness normal with new joggers?
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I can't remember if my abs were sore when I first started jogging but you may be using your core alot more as you jog. It's a good thing though! Pull that core in as you run.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    I can't remember if my abs were sore when I first started jogging but you may be using your core alot more as you jog. It's a good thing though! Pull that core in as you run.

Thanks Joanna.

When I say I jogged it was walking at a fast pace for 3 minutes and jogging for 3 minutes off and on for 45 minutes.

Soreness in the abs is definitely a good thing, though!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Oh, it definitely is a good thing.
    Enjoy your walks/jogs!

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    what helps me is a waist wrap. Avon or any fitness store with have them. It supports your middle from all the bounce. I think even a walmart will have them in the fitness section.....
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    I use the waist/back support wrap as well.....

dd
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    is it your obliques (sides and across bottom of belly) then yes, the motion of your upper body when you first start to run can be a bit side to side and that will make your abs sore. This will happen with a few exercises until your core body strength is better, but it all helps along the way!
  • lina1131
    Thanks all. :heart:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    YUP. They aren't sore after a jog anymore but they do feel tighter.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    I love that feeling...it means your waist is starting to whittle away!!!!

I've just started running again but my abs were used to the turbo jam....now my thighs...that's what I feel LOL....no pain no gain right!?

oh btw ...great way to start your running workout....3 mins power walking, 3 mins jogging....

are you trying to do more running or is this the workout...because its a great work out of high to moderate and also a great way to add more running...or train yourself to run longer...so you go girl either way! lol

hugs!
    Ali