what the hell!

First of all hi to everyone i just joined and i really like this site.

I've added my food and exercise for the past three days but this is typical of my eating habits for the past year.

It says if every day were like today (which it is and has been for months) i'd weigh 105 pounds in 5 weeks....i weigh 112, i've actually gained 4 pounds since last year.

I did gain a desk job in the past two years but i teach arobic bellydance 5 times a week, i also practice my own chorographies and perform twice a month. In adidtion i generally get in some muscle drilling situps leg lifts, yoga that kind of stuff during the week. I don't have a car so i take public transportation, always take stairs, and the walk to work is 15min, not to mention all the running around i do for various activities....

So why did i gained 4 pounds, and why has my weight flatlined at 112 lbs in the past few months. I'd like to be 108 again since i look a little bit fat in photo's from shows that OTHER PEOPLE put online, and i know that at 108 my photot's always looked really nice and i'd be a lot happier to find them online at that weight.

I hate sugar (1 piece of 80% chocolate is too much), eat lots of raw fruits and veggies and a lot of good fats like avocado's and fish.

any one have any idea why i don't seem to be able to loose the extra 4 pounds? I know it may seem like penuts but it's a big deal to me, and to my dancing.

thanks

Replies

• Tess
    Tess Posts: 16
    First of all hi to everyone i just joined and i really like this site.

I've added my food and exercise for the past three days but this is typical of my eating habits for the past year.

It says if every day were like today (which it is and has been for months) i'd weigh 105 pounds in 5 weeks....i weigh 112, i've actually gained 4 pounds since last year.

I did gain a desk job in the past two years but i teach arobic bellydance 5 times a week, i also practice my own chorographies and perform twice a month. In adidtion i generally get in some muscle drilling situps leg lifts, yoga that kind of stuff during the week. I don't have a car so i take public transportation, always take stairs, and the walk to work is 15min, not to mention all the running around i do for various activities....

So why did i gained 4 pounds, and why has my weight flatlined at 112 lbs in the past few months. I'd like to be 108 again since i look a little bit fat in photo's from shows that OTHER PEOPLE put online, and i know that at 108 my photot's always looked really nice and i'd be a lot happier to find them online at that weight.

I hate sugar (1 piece of 80% chocolate is too much), eat lots of raw fruits and veggies and a lot of good fats like avocado's and fish.

any one have any idea why i don't seem to be able to loose the extra 4 pounds? I know it may seem like penuts but it's a big deal to me, and to my dancing.

thanks
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    You don't mention your age, and I am not trying to pry, but as we get older our metabolisms slow down a bit. It sounds like you are doing everything right, so you may need a physician's professional opinion. I know I can't lose a few pounds as easily as I did when I was in my 20s.
  • Tess
    Tess Posts: 16
    i'm 27. i wondered if it was a motabilism shift due to age thing, if it is....that's super frustrating.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    That is still young, but a check with your doctor might be able to pinpoint it. It also could be water retention. Maybe try to track it too to see if you "yo-yo" a few pounds each month. If that is the case, it could be just water. Don't get frustrated! :-)
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Not to dissapoint you, but 25 was when I started noticing a major shift in my metabolism.

That being said, I was stuck in my weight loss, and then I boldly switched from "recommended" in my goals to "moderate". I went from losing no weight (even gaining one week) to consistently dropping a pound a week. I think that maybe I was underestimating my daily activity, and my body was in famine mode.

I also eat a lot of protein. The formula I use for protein is my goal weight divided by two equals the amount of protein for the day.
  • Kate
    Kate Posts: 35 Member
    You are doing a lot of physical activity...my guess is that you have gained 4 lbs of muscle ..not 4 lbs of fat. There isnt a big difference between 112 and 108..
    Photos arent a good way to decide if you actually are larger. Are you wearing the same size clothes as you did at 108?..have your measurements changed?