College Girl: 40 pound goal!

Hi!
I'm a college student, living a hectic life and forced to eat at the school cafe. School food tends to be horrible so much of the time I am forced to eat salads. Trying to lose 40 lbs here should be veeeeery interesting. I'm a bread and butter; less of a salts and sweets girl. Currently 169, I've lost five pounds this first week (yay me!) . If there is anyone in a similar vote, or who just wants to be supportive, I'd love to make friends!

Thanks and Godspeed to you all.

Replies

• KrystalSlim
    KrystalSlim Posts: 48 Member
    Hey! I feel you, college student here too. Here for support and more! ;)
  • Congrats on losing 5lbs in a week. That's amazing! I know how you feel about canteen food, most of it's loaded with fat and grease. I try to make my own lunches or buy the 'healthy' sandwiches from the supermarket which helps control my calorie intake. Keep up the good work and I've just added you :)
  • jesjes0090
    jesjes0090 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey girl! I'm also a college student looking to lose 20 pounds. I know how u feel. I feel like there never time for anything between school and working all weekend. Its crazy, and then I get to the point where I am starving and just overeat. :/ I just decided to get back on track 2 days ago actually. My foot became injured a few months ago, and I slowly started gaining more weight because I couldn't really exercise at all. It's so frustrating, but if I obsess over losing weight then I will gain weight, so I am trying to be more laid back with it and learn from my mistakes. I'm here for you if you need support on your weight loss journey! :)
  • Awe! Y'all are all so nice! Thanks for responding to my post :) I love hearing all the stories!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Cafeteria food is the worst. Will you be moving off campus in the next year? I can tell you from personal experience that my weight started sliding off once I was cooking for myself and not eating that junk.

Good luck!
  • College is so fattening! LOL I definitely gained a freshman 15, but I've lost a sophomore 25! :) I want to lose 15 more...but I know how you feel, it's just so hard to make the time for any kind of exercise. My school's student union has a really healthy option called The Laughing Tomato. I usually get a quick pita or fruit bowl if I have time between classes...but it's so hard to resist the chick-fil-a right next door. lol

Good luck, girl! I'm here for support, too! :)
  • Hey girl. I can only imagine how hard it is for you with school and all. But having a full time job and constantly working makes it hard too! Just gotta keep your head up and stay strong. Here for support :)