RELEASE THE CAKE

2»

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    If you get a hankering for brownies, I highly recommend the "substituting sugar-free applesauce for oil" trick. Same measurements, and I think they come out better, especially the next day, when they are all moist and delicious.
    I'll have to try the diet coke trick...

In related news, the cake is a lie.
  • Ytrid
    Ytrid Posts: 181 Member
    bump
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    bump
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    they look really good I had a strawberry muffin mix I used last week and they were very low in cal but instead of making muffins I made cake doughnuts...
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    This was my most favorite dessert recipe from Weight Watchers!!!!

My hubby's favorite is a 20oz bottle of Diet Cherry Coke, and chocolate cake mix. Plus, I top the cake with no sugar added cherry pie filling.

My favorite is a yellow or white cake, a 14oz can of crushed pineapple, drained, and a 20oz bottle of diet sprite/7up/sierra mist. Top with a container of fat free cool whip that's been mixed with a mini tub of lemonade crystal light. (the size that will fill a 2-qt container). I LOVE THESE RECIPES!!!!
  • I am making these right meow. I'll let everyone know how they turn out!

Edit: They turned out super! We used white cake mix and caffine free diet mountain dew. You could taste the soda in the batter but not in the cakes themselves. I think ours ended up being about 170 calories a piece, however, so they weren't quite as healthy as the OP's.
  • bump
  • Another perfect combination is Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix with one can of Diet Dr. Pepper....EXCELLENT!
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    I KNOW that cake mix box, and I can smell those goodies from here! Since I'm not there, I won't be having any. Unlike times past, I also won't have something else in it's place using the excuse that you put the idea into my head and I can't help myself. NO EXCUSES! Enjoy your treats!:tongue:

Ok what I forgot to tell you all is that they are not made normally they are made with diet soda instead of eggs oil and water so they are only 67 calories each I SHALL ENJOY ONE!!!!! YUMMY!!!

That sounds incredibly disgusting.

Nope rather delicious actually dont knock it til you try it they are AMAZING and soooooooo moist and tasty :)
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 331 Member
    So since this thread is making me hungry, I found the most AWESOMEST (debateable I know) thing on the side of a box of Jello mix the other day, there is a recipe on the box to make a kind of whipped mousse with cool whip or generic whipped topping, and I imagine it's a heck of a lot better for you than actual frosting and delicious...I plan on trying it when I'm not on a 6 day work week. To top of your soda cup cakes I bet this would rule!
  • LadySylvanas
    LadySylvanas Posts: 133 Member
    Philsbury has cake mix!,!!

I am in the wrong part of the world damn it!!

oh my, dairymilk! *eats her nails*
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    bump
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    This was my most favorite dessert recipe from Weight Watchers!!!!

My hubby's favorite is a 20oz bottle of Diet Cherry Coke, and chocolate cake mix. Plus, I top the cake with no sugar added cherry pie filling.

My favorite is a yellow or white cake, a 14oz can of crushed pineapple, drained, and a 20oz bottle of diet sprite/7up/sierra mist. Top with a container of fat free cool whip that's been mixed with a mini tub of lemonade crystal light. (the size that will fill a 2-qt container). I LOVE THESE RECIPES!!!!

bump