oops:)

So this weekend I totally slipped up! Not only did my church have a food festival this weekend, my aunts and uncles threw a Couple's Shower for me and my finace! Didn't drink enough water, and did very little exercise. End result... gained 1 1/2 lbs back! OOOPS!

I figure that this week I will be very good... and next weekend, I will be doing the Alzhimer's walk which is 3 miles.. so maybe that will help too. BUT... my birthday is next Sunday! Temptation is all over the place!

AND 35 days until the wedding!

Happy Monday everyone!

Replies

• kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    So this weekend I totally slipped up! Not only did my church have a food festival this weekend, my aunts and uncles threw a Couple's Shower for me and my finace! Didn't drink enough water, and did very little exercise. End result... gained 1 1/2 lbs back! OOOPS!

I figure that this week I will be very good... and next weekend, I will be doing the Alzhimer's walk which is 3 miles.. so maybe that will help too. BUT... my birthday is next Sunday! Temptation is all over the place!

AND 35 days until the wedding!

Happy Monday everyone!
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Kim:
    Don't lose hope. You're going to be just fine. It will come off. This might become the boost you need to meet your goal. Use it as fuel for your fight!

BTW - Happy Birthday fellow October baby and Scorpio! We nearly share a birthday. Mine is Saturday. The big 42!
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Don't worry! It happens to the best of us. This morning I went to breakfast and I couldn't resist having home fries. I find on the weekends, I don't do as well as I do on the weekdays! Happy early birthday!
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    Congratulations! Good wishes for you and your fiance. Something I picked up from somewhere about avoiding temptation. When tempted by food calling for me from inside the stores, I tell myself...I can get it later. Hopefully, later never comes and I have avoided eating out half the snack foods at the day old bread store, or 1/2 the cake at my daughters wedding this past weekend. I am getting better.
    One thing I did do is get a group of mentors. Mentoring is proving successful at this time as I have constant feedback and rely on my mentors for their experience and knowledge in helping me avoid eating the wrong foods.
    My doctor, nutritionist, my husband, my excercise program and others. As it turns out we all need mentors to accomplish a goal. My goal is to lose weight and maintain it by avoiding temptation.
    Have one bite of wedding cake with your new husband. Only eat 1/2 the meal on your plate if you are serving a meal. Remember, you can always get it later.
    Congrats!
    nancym
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    Oh and happy birthday!
    nancym
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    You'll have plenty of time to get back on track for your big day Kim.
    So, just enjoy yourself with all the upcoming events.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Thanks everyone.. I feel better now:)