No weight lost Still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I still have not lost any weight. I lost 1/2 inch off my stomach whew!!! That is 30 inch waist now as of today!!! But still no darn weight lost. I am not even loosing alot of inches off my stomach anymore. I want to a 26 inch waist even if it kills me.

Replies

• tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    I still have not lost any weight. I lost 1/2 inch off my stomach whew!!! That is 30 inch waist now as of today!!! But still no darn weight lost. I am not even loosing alot of inches off my stomach anymore. I want to a 26 inch waist even if it kills me.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Well don't get discouraged I am not seeing difference in anything in the last week. Keep trucking! :flowerforyou:
  • caseypet
    caseypet Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight and doing lots of cardio and still not losing waiste size please help me. I am getting very discouraged
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    [ I want to a 26 inch waist even if it kills me.
    [/quote]

:noway: :noway:
    1/2 inch off the waist is great. I have noticed that you have been frustrated for a long time now. Maybe you need to meet with a nutritionist and a personal trainer to help you a bit.
    I am proud of you. Think positive. You can do this.
  • wobblybum
    wobblybum Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm the same - I upped my cardio nearly 3 weeks ago from about 40 mins to 2 hours, (1 hour treadmill, 1 hour bike) I burn about 1000 calories but I am still not losing overall, some days I am a couple lb lighter but the next day I will be couple lb's heavier - it's is so annoying but I keep telling myself that I should really wait at least 2 months or more before I see a difference, I weigh between 135lb - 140lb and don't want to lose a great deal, just off my bum and thighs it is so hard but we just have to be patient.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    How on earth do you have time to spend 2 HOURS a day doing cardio? Man, I go about 15 intense minutes on the bike and then a half hour or so of badminton with my man. I throw in some other things too here and there but 2 HOURS??
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight and doing lots of cardio and still not losing waiste size please help me. I am getting very discouraged

I am no where near you guys but even with the almost 10 pounds I have lost I have noticed a big difference in my belly. But I think that is because I do sit ups 6 days a week until I cant do them anymore. Basically I have no idea how many but I just push myself until I cant sit up 1 more time. Maybe with your cardio that could help????
  • 612gemini
    612gemini Posts: 37
    Options
    I was having the same problem. Now I try to keep my calories close to my minimum instead of eating more on my exercise days and I lost 4 pounds this week. Maybe you could give that a try. Good luck!
  • wobblybum
    wobblybum Posts: 21
    Options
    How on earth do you have time to spend 2 HOURS a day doing cardio? Man, I go about 15 intense minutes on the bike and then a half hour or so of badminton with my man. I throw in some other things too here and there but 2 HOURS??

Well I am lucky enough that I don't work - my husband and I own a restaurant and I only work Fri & Sat nights each week, and all my kids are at school - also I NEED to burn my bum & thighs lol!
  • scostello24
    Options
    Amen to that...I am about collapsing by 30 minutes into a workout video.....but it takes time to build up our energy....lets keep that in mind kerrilucko....lol
  • scostello24
    Options
    Amen to that...I am about collapsing by 30 minutes into a workout video.....but it takes time to build up our energy....lets keep that in mind kerrilucko....lol
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Every time I did crunches in the past, my waist size seemed to increase. Is that just temporary? Cause I would do crunches all night if it will really help my waist :bigsmile:
  • tiangelah
    Options

THERE IS A CRUNCH CHALLENGE ON THE SITE.
    jOIN IN.
    100 CRUNCHES.
    i HAVE BEEN DOING 200 SOMETIMES EVEN 400. GOOD LUCK AND DONT EAT WHITE BREAD.
  • tiangelah
    Options
    Every time I did crunches in the past, my waist size seemed to increase. Is that just temporary? Cause I would do crunches all night if it will really help my waist :bigsmile:

yOU MAY NOT BE DOING THEM CORRECTLY. MAKE SURE WHEN YOU CRUNCH YOU ARE SUCKING YOUR STOMACH IN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I USE TO COULD DO TONS OF CRUNCHES AND STOMACH WAS STILL BIG. THEN I REALIZED I WAS DOING THEM WRONG. I WAS PUSHING MY STOMACH OUT INSTEAD OF IN.
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Also, you have to remember that you can do crunches until you're blue in the face, but if you don't do cardio and overall strength training, combined with a good diet, you will be building rock hard muscle under a layer of fat.

One million crunches won't burn the fat on your belly. A proper diet is more important than just about anything. Overall strength training and cardio is also important, but it is secondary to diet.

I used to do a bunch of crunches too. But I've talked to many trainers over the years, and they've all told me that crunches alone do not a flat stomach make.

:)
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options

One million crunches won't burn the fat on your belly. A proper diet is more important than just about anything. Overall strength training and cardio is also important, but it is secondary to diet.

I think a million crunches would do it, lol, and yes sarcasm is the lowest form of wit :tongue:

Al
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

It's hard to target a certain area. Are you still losing over the rest of your body??

I'm obsessive with my tape measure too. I'm hoping for a 28" waist, but my non-cooperative body prefers me more meaty. :grumble:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Shannon