T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM ~ Week 19 ~ WELCOME!!

Welcome to Week 19 Everyone!!!

photo-4.jpg

Start off everyday with a simple smile and get it over with one.-- W. C. Fields

Grab those your favorite "measuring" devices and give us the results from this past week! Wanna join THE TEAM?? Come on in and introduce yourself. Share your goals, success & struggles with us. Most of us check in every day. Everyone on THE Team is here to support you and motivate you when you need it! A very friendly group, we love new faces and you will love it here!
Several of us are sharing our food journals now in "friend" mode, some of us are public. If you need some new idea's or wanna share some advice, feel free to check them out. Dont forget to send a friend request if you wanna see the "friends" mode shares.

A trip to Vegas is in the planning stages for Early Summer 2010. If you are interested in attending, please PM me so I can put you on the list for more information.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,942 Member
    Their eyes are open :love:

Did someone say Vegas? Have fun. :smokin:
  • LI4G - Love the pictures of the kittens. Good start to the week. I will check back in later. Running late to work my second job this morning. Talk to you all after 6 pm.

Cyndeebee - hope you are doing okay this morning.

Anita - we miss you - please check back in.
  • Good morning group. Well I had a pretty good week. I weighed in this morning and here are the results.

Aprilrenee-SW(245) GW(150) CW(238)=2lb loss...hooray
  • 4Maria
    4Maria Posts: 18
    Good Morning!:laugh:

sw248/(1st)gw190/cw243 ---3lbs down!!:drinker:

YEAH!!! Planning on "exercising program" this weekend!
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Good Morning Team and HAPPY FRIDAY!
    sw 195/gw 155/cw 184.8 - lost 1 lb...yea! :happy:
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    This week was bad. I am doing a summer training at an art musuem here and have no controll over what they feed me for lunch. I haven't been accomidating my other calories enough to really balance it. I didn't work out as much becasue I'm off my schedual and haven't really gotten started on one for summer yet. So...I guess I just need to refocus and remind myself that I can't controll the universe.

SW 198, GW 135, CW 174 = 1 lbs loss
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Aprilrenee-SW(245) GW(150) CW(238)=2lb loss
    4Mariasw 248/(1st)gw190/cw243 ---3lbs down!!
    jamierobertson sw 195/gw 155/cw 184.8 - lost 1 lb...yea
    prayerfulmom --2 (lost the 2lbs from last week that I gained). I'll take it.

Congrats April, Maria, Jamie. Great losses.

OK, shoulder and neck still giving me a lot of pain:cry: . Respect the body; respect the body.
    May have to rethink my cycling goal for next week. Couldn't go today due to a tire malfunction.

Go team go!
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    My ticker dissapeared, let see is I reset it.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    stillkristi -- sw 461/gw 195/cw 388 - 6 lbs lost.

Good morning team. I thought after the days of training, my week would normal out, but oh no, work is still like a page out of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Geesh! But, I am pleased to report significant weight loss, which makes me VERY happy. I am still working 12 and 14 hour days, which sort of blows, because I am salaried. Oh well. Job security, right? Anyway, I wanted to get this posted. I will check back later!
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    This week was bad. I am doing a summer training at an art musuem here and have no controll over what they feed me for lunch. I haven't been accomidating my other calories enough to really balance it. I didn't work out as much becasue I'm off my schedual and haven't really gotten started on one for summer yet. So...I guess I just need to refocus and remind myself that I can't controll the universe.

stillkristi -- sw 461/gw 195/cw 388 - 6 lbs lost.

Way to go Kristi and manda!
    You are both doing terrific inspite of crazy circumstances. You inspire me!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Prayerfulmom, you are the inspiring one! Thanks for sharing all you are doing with us!

Hey, Li4g, those are the cutest darn cats ever!

Everyone else, how are you? Take care, and hope to be back to full speed here soon.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    GOOD MORNING VIET NAM! Oh wait... I must have been channeling Robin Williams... LOL

prayerful - sorry about the bike!
    Manda - that's right, you can't control the universe. That's why this is a lifestyle change - so you can roll with the punches life gives you.
    stillkristi - glad you checked in, I was beginning to wonder about you. works sucks! hubby works 14-18 hour days, salaried, I told him I wouldn't care how much he was working if he just got paid for the extra hours, I'd be telling him "Sleep? You don't need no stinkin' sleep!" And YEAH on the weight loss! I'm so happy for you!

4Maria - sw248/(1st)gw190/cw243 ---3lbs down
    jamier - sw 195/gw 155/cw 184.8 - lost 1 lb
    manda1111 - SW 198, GW 135, CW 174 = 1 lbs loss
    prayerfulmom --2
    stillkristi -- sw 461/gw 195/cw 388 - 6 lbs lost
    adopt4 - not weighing in this week

Well TOM has arrived and although it shows a 1.5 pound gain from last week - that's just not possible!!! So I'm not going to register it. My body almost ALWAYS is more on Fridays and in 2-3 days it will drop down, seems like it resists the weigh in days...

Took Step Sculpt class last night, 30 mins step aerobics, 30 mins weights. Was not as intense as the other step class, but of course she uses all different steps than the other instructor so I spent the whole time on the wrong side of the step, facing the wrong direction, etc. Oh well. Wore me out anyway so I slept good! Hurray! Back on a more normal sleep cycle!

Since the scale is just not moving, or it has a huge drop and then plateaus for a few weeks... I'm just not sure what's going on. I do think my carbs are too high... I should be averaging a 1.5 loss per week, and it averages out that way, but the scale only drops once a month and then it all hits at once. It could just be my inconsistent water drinking... but still. This is month 2 of it being totally inconsistent and I said I'd give it at least a month before I made any changes, and see what happened. Well, I waited, it's still inconsistent, so I'm changing things!!!

I'm so excited about today... I register son #3 for early intervention preschool in the fall, and son #2 for k for the fall, and son #1 will be in first grade - I might actually have a few hours of no boys during some days this fall! Wow! I could clean my house without it being messed up right behind me, take a long shower without a "mama? mama?" on the other side of the shower door... oh, the possibilities are endless... :laugh: When you have such a huge change in your life (one quiet boy to 3 rambunctious ones) it takes awhile to get used to it! I think I'm finally getting used to it and in the swing of it all, I'm actually remembering to have them brush their teeth twice a day finally, little stuff like that, but I still look forward to a bit of peace and quiet! And this summer, in just another week, with school out, i can take the earlier classes at the gym, so I"m not bored - they all start at 8:30 but son's bus comes at 9. Those classes are saving my bacon and keeping me motivated right now, plus they're really hard, so it's something to work towards to being able to do the entire class without having to stop and let my heart rate go down a bit... to not be facing the wrong direction all the time...
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    losingit - LOVE the picture! I had to double check to see if they were yours or a stock photo from somewhere, it's so perfect!
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Good afternoon...not morning...

Bloodwork...done!
    Poor nurse had to jab me twice, which is unusual. I have great veins.

Anyway, fasting is done. Weigh-in...

prayerful - sorry about the bike!
    Manda - that's right, you can't control the universe. That's why this is a lifestyle change - so you can roll with the punches life gives you.
    stillkristi - glad you checked in, I was beginning to wonder about you. works sucks! hubby works 14-18 hour days, salaried, I told him I wouldn't care how much he was working if he just got paid for the extra hours, I'd be telling him "Sleep? You don't need no stinkin' sleep!" And YEAH on the weight loss! I'm so happy for you!

prayerfulmom --2
    Cindy - SW: 136 GW: 115 CW: 128 pounds lost: 1.4 pounds

I'll take it. I was hoping to lose more, but I had to re-lose the pound I'd gained back...:laugh:

I should get busy and get more cleaning done. Then I can add more housework calories burned...
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    good afternoon Team -

since the kids are here all day long it is a little more hecktic around here!!! tryin to keep the house picked up for when hubby comes home he isnt complaining!!!! I have vacumed the pool so the kids can go swimming.. I have vacumed and put the dishes away about to do more lunch dishes... I did the bathroom yesterday.. I need to go and water the garden...

I am not weighing in until Sunday sorry... being down to one car it is a bit difficult.....

Sheila
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Here are a few pitcures from my visit with my son and grandson...
    This is me and my grandson
    sheilaspictures019.jpg

this is my son and my grandson

sheilaspictures023.jpg

This is my grandson playing in the grass in the yard...

sheilaspictures026.jpg

this is a kill dear bird that has eggs in my garden and when ever i go in there they freak out!! when you get close to the eggs..

sheilaspictures062.jpg

here is a pitcure of her eggs...

sheilaspictures065.jpg

here is a pitcure of my husband with my boys.. hubby is in the middle my oldest who is 21 on the right and my second oldest 19 on his left..

sheilaspictures072.jpg

This is me and my grandson...

sheilaspictures137.jpg

check back in later...

sheila
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Good Job Team!
    Sheila love the new pics!
    Kristi...I am pretty sure you might have an answer to this question (if anyone else has advice feel free to let me know what to do!) :happy:
    Sooooo I've been sticking to not eating my exercise cals. Sometimes I may go over but then I go under the next day. But heres my thing. Today I feel like I could eat EVERYTHING I see!!! Last night I did an hour of kickboxing and then walked the dog for 45 mins (roughly burned about 1000 cals though I do not have an HRM). Is there a point with exercise that I should be eating more???
    I am trying to figure out if this lead to me being so hungry today or I am just having an off day.
    Thanks Team!
    J. :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    prayerfulmom --2
    Cindy - SW: 136 GW: 115 CW: 128 pounds lost: 1.4 pounds
    Losingit4Good- SW 240/ GW 175/ CW 217 - lost .2 ounces :grumble:

LOL...Told ya I needed the kick! I did do water aerobics last night, sat in the sauna for a good 10 minutes seeing if I could flush some of the water out of me that I had been hanging onto all week. I hate TOM! Its pretty much over with now, but I eat the wrong things like a crazy person and have been over on my salt alot this week. I guess I should just be glad that the large amount of pizza I had on Tuesday didnt make homeage on my thighs. I desperately need to go grocery shopping and restock the good stuff but Ive had little ones all week and no carseat for the baby, so I'll definitely need to do that tonight when they leave.

As you can see, The kitties are getting big!! I let them out the box several times a day and yesterday they were out for about 2 hours, exploring under the couch and anywhere they wanted to go and playing. They are running and climbing and learning how to pounce. Its just so stinkin cute! That picture I took with my iphone. We wore them out good last night then let them up on the couch to snuggle on the blanket. The orange one was purring when I put them to bed last night in thier box. awwwwwwwwwww!!

I took my allergy pill last night instead of waiting until this morning to take it. It was much easier to get moving this morning, so Im hoping that will continue to be the case. Ive been taking it once a day, but now Im going to up it to evenings and mornings and see what it does to my brain cloud.

Was gonna run to the school and do laps at the track, but school doesnt let out for summer until Wednesday next week so Im gonna wait until I know there are not PE students out there using it and go tonight.

Swignal, That grandbaby is SO cute!! No wonder you were going crazy not being able to see him! He looks just like your son!! Love the babys feetprint tattoo on your sons arm, what an awesome idea!!

Cyndee- Ack! Needles! I hate them too!!! Hope everything comes back good! Congrats on the loss!!

Kristi- Look at you woman!! Another 6lbs down!! woot woot!! I dont envy your long hours one bit. Ive been job hunting and not looking forward to going back to work, but cant really avoid it anymore. We need the extra money since butthead ex is once again not paying child support on a regular basis. :angry: I think Im ready for your taxman to crawl up his butt sidways..:laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Good Job Team!
    Sheila love the new pics!
    Kristi...I am pretty sure you might have an answer to this question (if anyone else has advice feel free to let me know what to do!) :happy:
    Sooooo I've been sticking to not eating my exercise cals. Sometimes I may go over but then I go under the next day. But heres my thing. Today I feel like I could eat EVERYTHING I see!!! Last night I did an hour of kickboxing and then walked the dog for 45 mins (roughly burned about 1000 cals though I do not have an HRM). Is there a point with exercise that I should be eating more???
    I am trying to figure out if this lead to me being so hungry today or I am just having an off day.
    Thanks Team!
    J. :flowerforyou:

ummmm... not eating your exercise calories?? No wonder your hungry!! Your burning alot of calories to not at least be eating 1/2 of them back. Eat them (healthy stuff), really... you'll be doing yourself a bigger favor than you think.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Wishing karma on your ex, LI4G...The karma he deserves...

What a beautiful boy, Sheila! He's adorable, and I notice that when you're holding him, you are absolutely radiant!

My input about when you're extra hungry...I've learned to make myself a "phony" Clubhouse sandwich. Three pieces of Weight Watcher's bread is only about 150 calories. Low fat lunch meat, low fat cheese slice, tomato, lettuce, Becel margarine. It's usually under 250 calories, it fills me up, and I get the impression that I'm eating something big.

For me, that's been key - finding something that fills me up for when I feel the need to stuff myself, but still not crazy for calories. I also find that if I'm feeling starved, I probably need to drink more water.

Going to paint now. I keep meaning to put some of my work in my profile, but haven't done it yet. Maybe tonight...