T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM ~ Week 19 ~ WELCOME!!

Replies

• prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Sooooo I've been sticking to not eating my exercise cals. Sometimes I may go over but then I go under the next day. But heres my thing. Today I feel like I could eat EVERYTHING I see!!! Last night I did an hour of kickboxing and then walked the dog for 45 mins (roughly burned about 1000 cals though I do not have an HRM). Is there a point with exercise that I should be eating more???
    I am trying to figure out if this lead to me being so hungry today or I am just having an off day.
    Thanks Team!
    J. :flowerforyou:

Girlfriend you need to eat some of those exercise points. Your probably already set up for a 1000 calorie deficit. You should play around with them. Maybe eat half.
    There are days I can't possibly eat my exercise calories. But on the most part I try. If not the third day I am ravenous. Be careful not to go into starvation mode.
  • Aprilrenee-SW(245) GW(150) CW(238)=2lb loss
    4Maria - sw248/(1st)gw190/cw243 ---3lbs down
    jamier - sw 195/gw 155/cw 184.8 - lost 1 lb
    manda1111 - SW 198, GW 135, CW 174 = 1 lbs loss
    prayerfulmom --2
    stillkristi -- sw 461/gw 195/cw 388 - 6 lbs lost
    adopt4 - not weighing in this week
    Cindy - SW: 136 GW: 115 CW: 128 pounds lost: 1.4 pounds
    Losingit4Good- SW 240/ GW 175/ CW 217 - lost .2 ounces
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw185.6 -lost 2.4 pounds

4Maria - Congratulations on your loss. Keep up the exercising.

April - Congratulations - glad the scale is moving. Being willing to experiment with those exercise calories and see what that does.

Jamie - I agree - Eat some of those exercise calories. Congrats on the pound lost

Adopt4 - I have the same problem. I always weigh less on Wednesday morning than I do on Friday. I don't understand cause I do nothing different. I want to say I will weigh less on Monday than Friday also. I don't understand.

Kristi - WTG GIRL. I am so proud of you and happy for you. You are really making this work. You totally just inspire me to keep plugging along.

Prayerfulmom - hey u got rid of that two pounds. sure hate to hear about the bicycle.

Manda1111 - Congratulations on the loss. sometimes we have to set aside and then with what are we are dealt for the week. Believe me I am learning that.

LI4G - TOM is rough and hard to deal with. Good - Luck with the job search. Shame on the ex. My daughter has a son that his dad has never paid and never will. Congrats on the loss and it is a loss.

Sheila - Beautiful pics thanks for sharing. so glad you got to see them.

Cyndeebee - Congrats on the loss. Hope everything comes back ok with the blood work.

Well it has beena different kind of week. I have no reason to have lost anything this week so I am more than please to see the numbers. Plans for this week are to take each day one step at a time and try to get back on track logging everything and exercising more. Also want to start each day with a smile and end it with a smile. Right now I am pretty tired from working a twelve hour boring reception day, so I am gonna veg on couch and hope to get up in about an hour and do some exercising - not cause I will fall asleep. HAHA. Good Night all if I don't check back in.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Aprilrenee-SW(245) GW(150) CW(238)=2lb loss
    4Maria - sw248/(1st)gw190/cw243 ---3lbs down
    jamier - sw 195/gw 155/cw 184.8 - lost 1 lb
    manda1111 - SW 198, GW 135, CW 174 = 1 lbs loss
    prayerfulmom --2
    stillkristi -- sw 461/gw 195/cw 388 - 6 lbs lost
    adopt4 - not weighing in this week
    Cindy - SW: 136 GW: 115 CW: 128 pounds lost: 1.4 pounds
    Losingit4Good- SW 240/ GW 175/ CW 217 - lost .2 ounces
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw185.6 -lost 2.4 pounds
    nita g - SW 220/ GW 145/ CW 185 - no loss but I am ok

Ok.. I stepped on the scale to see what damage has been done and there has been none..

I am in a funk.. My husband told me the other day he has to go back to Texas to work for about 6 weeks next month.. I've been so depressed.. I don't do well with not being around him. I've been like this since my divorce from my first husband, I hate hate hate being alone... To top that off I have no vacation time and we will have to save that money that he makes while there.. Good thing is its a lot of money and that always helps.. After long long talks with him I think I will be fine.. We talk all the time and we will talk a lot while he is gone.

So here I am.. Still a little sad but I am still here and I think that's what is most important...

Congrats guys on the losses... You all rock in my book...
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    I am SO MAD right now. Hubby gets up at 1 am to go to work. He's salaried, yet he usually works until 2 pm, some days later. Today he emails me and says he has a manager's meeting after work (aka they are going to drink). I'm like fine, what time will you be home, he says 5 pm 6 at the latest. So I expected him home... so I call him at 5:15 to see if he's on his way, he says no but he's not driving (aka he's drunk now) and so the dinner he was supposed to BBQ he won't be here to do, I'm totally starving and so are the boys... so I make them something else, heat up a microwave dish for myself, then get the boys ready for bed... get them in bed, it's now 7 pm and he's still not home and no word from him... I AM SO PISSED.

Now I remember he did this last time, and the time before that... but if I say no he gets all pissy and says it's work networking thing... but dont' see it having helped him with no promotion the last few years....

I've spent all day with 3 little boys who I love dearly but they all want my attention constantly, and it gets really wearing on you. Especially after a week of this. And I didn't get to go to my class tonight because he didn't come when he said he would, so I didn't have dinner ready for the boys in time, so I've gotten no break today... and I only have 23 cals left and I'm over on carbs and fat already.... WAAAHHH I want chocolate!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Adopt4, Dang men... And thats all I have to say....
  • I am SO MAD right now. Hubby gets up at 1 am to go to work. He's salaried, yet he usually works until 2 pm, some days later. Today he emails me and says he has a manager's meeting after work (aka they are going to drink). I'm like fine, what time will you be home, he says 5 pm 6 at the latest. So I expected him home... so I call him at 5:15 to see if he's on his way, he says no but he's not driving (aka he's drunk now) and so the dinner he was supposed to BBQ he won't be here to do, I'm totally starving and so are the boys... so I make them something else, heat up a microwave dish for myself, then get the boys ready for bed... get them in bed, it's now 7 pm and he's still not home and no word from him... I AM SO PISSED.

Now I remember he did this last time, and the time before that... but if I say no he gets all pissy and says it's work networking thing... but dont' see it having helped him with no promotion the last few years....

I've spent all day with 3 little boys who I love dearly but they all want my attention constantly, and it gets really wearing on you. Especially after a week of this. And I didn't get to go to my class tonight because he didn't come when he said he would, so I didn't have dinner ready for the boys in time, so I've gotten no break today... and I only have 23 cals left and I'm over on carbs and fat already.... WAAAHHH I want chocolate!

My hubby got called in to work an evening one day last week (not his fault) and I was in a funk for the whole day. Why do we get like this? Why do husbands abandon their responsibilities????
  • I have no weight loss to report :grumble: this week. I must have starved my body and now I am fighting to get it back to burning fat instead of storing it. The scale just keeps going up instead of down.

:devil: I WILL defeat the scale - sooner or later I WILL WIN.

Today I dragged out my bike. Bought it 6 yrs ago and have never rode it.:blushing: Anyway, went for 2 rides today because it felt so good. Logged 15 miles!!!! It's amazing how much further you can go with wheels :bigsmile:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    well Team,

I went over my auntie's tonight to watch the hockey game!!! and my team has lost.. but while I was there I weighed myself and I havent lost anything.. still... I know I havent gained anything but I havent lost anything since vacation... damn it...

so here is my stats

SW 329/ GW 150/ Cw 287 = no pounds lost or gained...

Its time to get serious!!! and get some of this weight gone...

Adopt4 - sorry about you missing you class and not getting a break I would be upset too if that was me..waiting on hubby to come home...I must say that I am blessed on the hubby part cuz he cooks cleans and does laundry... he helps me out all the time..he dont do everything but he does a good portion of it.. I try to do what I can before he gets home cuz if its not done then he will clean until everything is done!!!! I hope things get better

Anita - sorry hubby has to go away for so long.. I am not sure if I could get through 1 day with him... so next year when we go to vegas it will be my challange.... when hubby works late at night I cant sleep until he gets home..

Glad you all liked my pitcures..

Yes he has another tatoo on his other arm from the baby girl that was born dead at 6 months along.. she would have been 3 now.. they had named her nevaeh.. That was an extreamly hard time for my son because he had just lost his father 1 year before they lost their daughter....

well hubby has passed out on the couch and he has to work at 8am!!! and my cousin and her boyfriend are sitting on my padio... and I am tierd myself... i wish they would stay or go but deside so I can go to bed!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow.. My niece is here for the weekend so I am able to chat with you all!!!

Sheila
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Adopt4, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....Id say hes grounded for a while! It isnt the going out part that bothers me when it happens on this end. Its the "I'll be home at so-n-so" and they dont stick to it or bother to call and at least let you know that they "wont be home for dinner". Thats happened alot on our end until I got Morgolis to understand that if Im not expecting him for dinner it saves us money because I dont have to cook as much food. Usually it only happens here tho if hes off visiting his mom & dad, which his mom is one of those "wont take no for an answer" kind. :ohwell:

Healthymom- good for you digging out the bike!!! I have one in the garage, only its prolly got a rusty chain, broken brakes and other things wrong with it. My kids rode it for a while, then it got hung back up in the garage and I havent touched it since. I could dig out Morgolis's bike tho and ride that....hmmmm..if it doesnt rain tomorrow, that sounds like fun!! 15 miles is a dang good ride!! Good for you!!

I wogged tonight at the high school track. Weather was perfect!! I did week 5, the 3rd one and It didnt kill me but I did notice that it is totally working different muscles than it has before. By the 3rd interval run i can feel it in my butt and inner thighs bigtime. No problem with being out of breath tho or being too tired, its just my muscles get sore. So... my question here is... should I keep doing week 5 until those muscles get used to it? or should I move on and try week 6? I might be a bit sore the next day but not bad....Ive had worst muscle soreness doing the intensive water aerobics at the gym.. :laugh: Well... Im off to stretch some more.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    I must say that I am blessed on the hubby part cuz he cooks cleans and does laundry... he helps me out all the time..he dont do everything but he does a good portion of it.. I try to do what I can before he gets home cuz if its not done then he will clean until everything is done!!!!

I need one of those.... send him over, I have lots left to clean....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Adopt4 - I agree with Anita - Dang Men SOMETIMES. And I don't even have one full time. I wish you didn't have to be so mad right now. I think you are a true saint with the boys and everything. Those boys are blessed to have a mother like you. Hope you get a better day on Saturday and Sunday.

Anita - so glad you checked in. My heart goes out to you and these six weeks. Keep the lie of communications open with your hubby - good long talks ahead. Stay focus and remember each and everyone of us are here. My daughter's husband works on road for six weeks at a time and she has 4 under the age of 9 at home. I talk to her quite often

Healthymom - good job on digging the bike out. good ides. I have one out to my dads - after I get this walk completed maybe I will check it out.

LI4G - Good idea on convincing Morgolis that money actually is saved if he isn't coming home. I may have to share that witrh my married kids.

Couldn't sleep fore some reason so I am up. Thinking about going for a walk. It is like 2 am. Hope u all slept better than me.
  • cjchism
    cjchism Posts: 18 Member
    Hello everyone, sorry no posts this week, it has been a very busy week. I only lost .8 lbs. I am trying very hard not to get discouraged. I am at the gym 5-6 days a week fo rthe past 3 weeks, when I started this. I take a 45 minute spinning class, 3 X a week plus walk/run 30 minutes. I also take step aerobics the other 2 days in addition to the running/walk 2 miles. I am training for the 5K on New Year's eve in State College. I am raising money for Chemo ducks for kids with cancer. I am staying within 1200 calories and not using my extra on most days....what is up. Everyone says you are gaining muscle, I can accept that fpr a couple of weeks...but I want to see more of a weight loss some time. My pants are a lot looser. I do feel the best I have in years, so I am trying to stay positive on that note. Will check in later. Good lock and have a blessed week.
    sw:200/gw:140/cw:194.4 lost .8 lbs

Adopt 4:P.S. Hope the hubby came home with flowers and a huge apology!!!!! :wink:
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Sorry, adopt4, that you had to do the "woman patiently waiting" thing. I was never good at that sort of thing, which is why I'm single now...
    I was the type to throw all of their things out on the front lawn. :laugh:

Most of my doctor tests are finished for now, but it will take the body a while to recover. That's okay. I've got all week.
    All that's on my schedule for the week is my daughter's birthday, then a family reunion on Saturday. This will give me a chance to "freshen up" my merchandise for the store.
    I did post a few pictures of my "stuff" in my profile, but got too tired to put much effort into posting...

I'm hoping to get my new desk today. Marble top, upper and lower shelves. Then I can get this computer set up right. Yay!

Going to clean now. I need those "vigorous housework" exercise calorie credits.
  • swignal
    Good Morning Team,

Well I am sitting her home alone... Everyone has gone some where!!! and it is freakin rainning out...so I cant even enjoy the outside.... I have this tremendous headache..so I might just go lay back down for a bit... Hubby had to work early today so he will get off early..I should enjoy the peace and quite cuz tomorrow I will have a house full!!! with my nephews birthday party...

Lisa I hope your walk went okay at 2am..I would never be able to go out at 2am and walk its to dark!!! and i am a big chicken!!! lol

Adopt4 - I hope today goes a bit better.. maybe you can roll reverse and leave him home with the kids for the day.. and see how he feels I can bet he will be sorry!!! lol

Kristi - miss all your long posts...

cj - Great job on all the exercise... your doing great..

Li4g - I am blessed really.. I try to show him how much i appreciate everything he does by helping him out and sometime I tell him to sit and relax and he wont until its all done!!! with my leg going numb when I stand he dont like me doing anything so he gets mad at me alot lately saying he will do it.. I said to him I am only numb I can do it!! Love him dearly.. This morning he had to work days so I got up while he was in the shower and made his coffee he was running late and was going to leave before he got some he gave me a kiss goodbye and i said arent you going to get some coffee and he was like you made me some awww... I said of coarse your running late.. I even loaded the dishwasher cuz he would have tryed to do that before he left.. he hates a mess.. thats why i try and keep the house picked up before he comes home cuz he would come home and clean everything when he got home after working all day.. and I want some of his time...not working..

Healthymom - great job on the bike.. I like riding the bike also but I keep going back to the elliptical cuz you burn more calories...who knows why... I like riding the bike through the park.. its just beautiful by the water... Keep up all your Great Work...

well I will check back in a while.. Hope everyone has a GREAT WEEKEND...

Sheila
  • swignal
    Sorry, adopt4, that you had to do the "woman patiently waiting" thing. I was never good at that sort of thing, which is why I'm single now...
    I was the type to throw all of their things out on the front lawn. :laugh:

Most of my doctor tests are finished for now, but it will take the body a while to recover. That's okay. I've got all week.
    All that's on my schedule for the week is my daughter's birthday, then a family reunion on Saturday. This will give me a chance to "freshen up" my merchandise for the store.
    I did post a few pictures of my "stuff" in my profile, but got too tired to put much effort into posting...

I'm hoping to get my new desk today. Marble top, upper and lower shelves. Then I can get this computer set up right. Yay!

Going to clean now. I need those "vigorous housework" exercise calorie credits.

I checked out your pic's that is some pretty cool stuff.. very colorfull

sheila
  • adopt4
    Adopt 4:P.S. Hope the hubby came home with flowers and a huge apology!!!!! :wink:

LOL he did that once when he came home so late (same thing as this time) and I texted him and told him I was so mad he'd better go sleep at morgolis' house cuz I wasn't letthing him in! dang it, shoulda done that this time, I woulda got flowers....
  • adopt4
    Well HE is sleeping in... but I decided I'm NOT going to miss this class again, next chance I could go is next Friday, so I got the boys up early, fed 'em poptarts to tide them over for an hour or so till I can make them a real breakfast, and we're off to do my step class. I ended up eating 2 poptarts and a glass of milk last night - because I waited for dinner and thought I'd have more cals by going to the gym, I was STARVING last night, so dang it I was way over cals and up to maintenance cals. Hoping to work off some of those extra cals so maybe I can break even today.

It's hard to be mad at someone for a crappy schedule when its' "work", you know, but he controls his own schedule, and when he comes home he either vegges in front of the tv or plays Mafia wars on Facebook...

Leave him alone with the boys for the day? Last time I left him alone for 2 hours with them... youngest son got bleached... time before that, they used pancake mix to make snow on their train table, mixed it with water, that stuff is like cement... I'm too SCARED to leave him alone for more than 2 hours with them! LOL My boys are, creative, you might say. :wink:

Time to go, hopefully the class will brighten my mood!!! Love you guys!
  • Good Afternoon

Adopt4 - hope class brighten your day. your boys are so precious looking - I just can't believe they can get in such messes under Daddy's eye

Sheila - walk was beautiful. it was a beautifully mild early morning here. I didn't wander too far but just enjoyed the calm.

Cyndeebee - I took a loo at your pictures. You have some beautiful items. I hope everything comes back all right on your test.

CJ - Hi. Glad you checked in. Good job on the exercising. I would say to eat some of those exercise calories and see what your weight does then. You just might be surprised.

LI4G - when you hurt your shoulder i when you were in Florida - did you put ice of heat on it by chance? I have done something but I have no idea what. It is just painful at times.

I have walked 7 miles today - going to do more later.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Wow...I'm going to rename some of you the "weekend warriors"!!!
    I can't keep up with all of the exercising you're doing.
    I walked home from the grocery store. That was enough for me. Daughter (age 12 this week) didn't think she could do it. She had to tote one bag of groceries. I pointed out that she was young, muscular, energetic...Sheesh. What I wouldn't give...

Thanks for the compliments on my "stuff." I feel like I'm kind of spoiled, in a way. While other people are going out to work 9 to 5 (or worse), I get to sit home and paint.
    Sometime this week, I'll get busy and take pictures of my current creations. Most of the stuff I've posted is long gone. The table and chairs went last week. I'm kind of shying away from doing much with furniture. Too hard to store it, for one thing, and too much bending and twisting. Now I mostly paint on fabric, because I can do that sitting...

Anyway, everybody enjoy the weekend!
    Sheila...You husband sounds like a marvel. Glad you found each other...:smile:
  • adopt4
    Cyndee, your stuff is cool. I am like NOT artsy in that way. I can take nice photos, but when it comes to painting/drawing/arts & crafts my 6 yr old does much better than me! Seriously!

I was so mad after my class today. We did some planks at the end and I must have had my wrist bent and reset my watch settings. So I don't know how many cals I burned, and I did more than I did before and was dying to find out! Dangit! So for recording purposes I used the same as last time... but I know I did more this time! So on Friday when i go again, I'll see how many more cals I burn...

Sheila, hang on to a guy who will clean! I'd be happy if mine would clean up after himself! Dirty socks in the living room, dishes in the living room... how am I ever going to teach the boys to pick up?? I know how, I can threaten them and beat them... LOL

I might start riding my bike on the weekends, I was waiting to get a bike trailer so I can get the kids in it but I can do it on weekends without the kids. I just need a helmet first... don't think the toddler ones will fit on my big head... I bought it last year for $5 at a garage sale, hoping the tires will last me a bit longer!

Well back to housework. Talk to ya'll later.