Just plain TICKED OFF!

I was in a depressed and ticked off state of emotions today. The reason being, I just have not felt like watching portion sizes nor counting cals and it really got me down. I just didn't want to worry with it today. I wanted to eat as much of anything I wanted. Thank goodness I didn't. And I am feeling better now that I didnt. Does anyone else get in bad moods sometimes because u can't (well u can), eat what and how much food u want? And I really didn't know that was why I was in a stinky mood until I had to start thinking about dinner. Lol, and then it hit me. I'm also tired, and I know that has something to do with it.

Replies

• Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Yup! I feel like that more than I like to admit. I have started exercising every time I feel ****ty. It really does help. Try Yoga! It heals the mind and the body. I cannot say enough good about it. Hot Yoga has inspired me to be the very best I can be. I know it sounds corny but honestly, it is working for me. If you can't get out to classes, buy a video at a second hand shop. The sky is the limit.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Yep!!! that was me yesterday!!! I came home and just went to sleep for 3 hours just cause I was mad at nothing!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    remember that your goal is to win a war not a battle. Don't sweat it if you have a bad day or 2 a week. I know you did well and am soooo proud of your choices. You were tested and you passed. Be proud that you didn't give inot depression or pain or anger. You are breaking the cycle and that is impressive as all hell!
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    That has been me for the last couple of days!! I am so hoping tomorrow is a much better day. Nothing like being so emotional today that you just start crying. (YUP that happened to me today)
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Some days you just have to go with it! You responded correctly and should be proud. It's not about what you feel but how you act that counts in the end.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Sure, and this is why I have a weekly free day or cheat day - whatever you want to call it.
    TODAY WAS THAT DAY!
    It was fabulous! I ate great, wonderful foods all day - about 6000 calories.
    I love my cheat day, or as I prefer to say: "RE-FEED THERAPY"
    I have a weekly day where I eat about twice my daily goal, and a monthly food orgy where I eat like a man going to the electric chair for 24 hours.
    LOVE IT!
    It's nice knowing I am never more than 7 days from eating anything I desire in whatever quantity I want.
    I'd go nuts otherwise.

And I have lost over 70 pounds doing this every single week.
    There is some science behind this, but science bores me.
    I do it.
    It works.

Good enough:drinker: !
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    I had one of those yesterday, you made it through better than I.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Yes, you're not alone. That was me this week. Not a good one for me......
  • Sageyoku
    Sageyoku Posts: 77 Member
    Totally.

You know what's great for that? When you feel that way, say:
    "F*** it, tomorrow I'm going to eat some CRAP!!!"
    (If you put it off until the next day, you can plan your binge haha)

Yesterday I was on the rag (yeah yeah TMI), plus I have stuck to my calorie goals for almost a month, AND my birthday's coming up. So I said F*** IT and planned a HUGE slice of pizza and GIANT cookie for dinner for today. Because I planned ahead, I did NOT go over my goals AND I got to eat what I wanted! It was GREAT!!!!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    I feel that way too sometimes. In fact, I think sometimes (not always) overeating helps me ignore my true feelings, or cope when my feelings become too much. Then when I pay better attention to my nutrition, those negative feelings have to be dealt with.

That part's not always comfortable for me.

You sound like you have battle fatigue. Are you doing any non-food treats for yourself?
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Yep! Usually it's in the evening when I'm low on calories left and hungry as heck. I've learned to listen to my body...(of course, first I make sure it's not just gas! LOL!)...but if I'm truly hungry, I eat. I've gotten much better about finding something with some level of nutrient value, instead of just binging...but I eat.

And similar to Dawna12, I've found something to inspire me to be my best. For me, it's Kung Fu. If I eat crappy, I perform crappy...so I really try to eat well so I can be my best!

Hang in there...we all have those days :)
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    We all have those days! Glad you resisted temptation!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    I tend to get like that one day every week or two. I get down on myself, and tired of putting all this effort into a weight loss that is just SO slow. LOL I want to see immediate results for all my hard work, and that's just not how it works.

Kudos to you for resisting your urge to go off-track. I'm really proud of you! You are doing this the right and healthy way, and your body will thank you in good time!

Feel free to add me for support!
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    YESTERDAY WAS MY MOODY DAY! I get them once in awhile. Mini pity party for myself. I am glad you did not give in. I didnt either. I was so glad when yesterday was over. TODAY MY MOOD WAS GREAT! Stand proud of yourself and know your not alone. It is normal.

12908857.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Thats been me this whole last week... and tired... i think this is my third week with MFP... and I gained all my weight back... Now Im really really really annoyed. Has anyone else done this??? I keep saying tomorrow is a new day................ sighhhhhhh
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    The definition of being human! Good recognizing it. And if you ever fall off the wagon, breathe and climb back on - tomorrow is another day and one bad day is not the end of the world as we know it!
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    I'm dealing with this as we speak! For some reason I can't stay on track for more than 2 days. It's really making me mad and upset at myself. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • blondieluv2shop
    blondieluv2shop Posts: 86 Member
    Maybe you can pick one day a week where you allow yourself to eat anything you want that's what I am doingso during the week I know on Saturday I can treat myself. It really helps me stay on track. I don't feel so deprived. Sounds like you handled it well.
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Yup! I feel like that more than I like to admit. I have started exercising every time I feel ****ty. It really does help. Try Yoga! It heals the mind and the body. I cannot say enough good about it. Hot Yoga has inspired me to be the very best I can be. I know it sounds corny but honestly, it is working for me. If you can't get out to classes, buy a video at a second hand shop. The sky is the limit.

I was just telling my husband how cathartic Hot Yoga is... OMG! You nailded it. It helps mind, body and soul!
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    I get like that often. I end up dong it and in the morning I get mad at myself knowing that I'm going to put a pound or more on. It takes me 3 days of being good to get that weight off. Its not worth it but, I do it anyway. I don't no why. I couple of days ago I ate so much candy it made me sick . That was dumb but, I always pick myself back up.