stomach!!

Hey everyone!
I'm having problems toning up my stomach. No matter what I eat or how many ab exercises I do, it doesn't shrink. Is this my normal waist or can I get it smaller??? (I'm 31" waist and 34" around my belly button)

Replies

• areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Hey everyone!
    I'm having problems toning up my stomach. No matter what I eat or how many ab exercises I do, it doesn't shrink. Is this my normal waist or can I get it smaller??? (I'm 31" waist and 34" around my belly button)
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    If you have flab around your stomach, crunches won't minimize the flab. Your best bet is cardio until it melts off.

I have a little flab myself but I'm continuing to do crunches and other abdominal exercises to develop my muscles and hopefully as the flab goes down, I'll be able to see tone in my abdominal section.
  • areay
    Trust me I do plenty of cardio. I do triathlons and marathons. That's what my concern is. Is there anything else I can do?
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    you probably should consult a trainer or someone from a local gym to be sure that you're doing all the right things in your cardio and crunches. I use an exercise ball to do my abs, lats, back, etc. and I'm able to trim it down just not get any definition -- I've never had definition in my abs since before I was born.:happy:

There's a free site that offers routines that are recommended for women and cover an 8 week period of training -- abs, thighs and hips. Go here and see if this helps: http://www.toningforwomen.com/

Bob
  • areay
    Thanks for the advice! I've never had trim or toned abs, i'm sure that it's just my genes. Thanks for the website too!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    a friend of mine told me she is laying off the whole dairy products and eating more tofu and soy and her tummy has shrunk 2 inches...... in a month in a half.

She said she uped her water intake as well and started swimming....
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I just saw a article in Prevention magazine about firming up the tummy. Have you tried Pilates??(sp) Looks like she was using a long band for resistence to her workout. Anyway, the exercises looked like they would kick some butt! :tongue:

Good luck!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Bellydance will take care of that for you!